[2.4] CI Bladefall Trapper - High tier mapping - EV/ES/Block - Updating for 2.4.

yeah you need couple of mana or mana reservation nodes even with lvl 3 enlighten unless you can get like perfect gear

In general mana nodes are better than reservation because you will have a lot of base mana from high int

I usually take Leadership mostly for blasphemy aoe and it comes with nice side effect of 4% extra reduction and then just take extra 2-3 mana nodes depending on gear and level

Leadership is imo a must, your blasphemy range is nowhere near enough
IGN JustifiedF
Last edited by Justifi3d on Sep 13, 2016, 8:29:49 AM
Has any1 tried the new guardians already? Little worried about the viability since 2 are immune to poison and minotaur needs to be killed quickly...
had to share, build is really fun

Just reached lvl88 and decided to try my first ever Uber Izaro run.
-Idol, Conduits, Lava & Argus
I kept all idols and conduits up, i believe these are pretty manageable. Entire run was chill, bladefall had plenty of damage. Used stone golem as a substitute for decoy totem. He's doing a good job most of the time. Argus was piece of cake, just let my golem aggro him and lay down those damage. First and Second phase was a short battle, most of the time was spent waiting for the adds.

Final phase was dodgy as hell. Lava imo is the most disturbing trap ever. Had so little room to navigate in the middle. Couple of times i was lower than 1k ES, and had to whirl across the lava to corners for regen. Managed to complete and collected 4 keys. Hurray!

I would like to ask, what are the optimal flask setup? Does Atziri promise gives damage, does it allow to leech and gives ES? Or just plain dmg. Is kiara's flask really required? Im thinking rumis is really good, but its too expensive for me right now, i'd rather invest into my atziri chest for better mileage.

I had 9K ES at the time of attempt, and BF setup was 4L in deerskin boots, pretty amazing stuff here. Had to give Justified some props for making this fun build. Thanks man.Links to gear are in spoilers.
Spoiler

IGN:
@McDeliveryOnFlurry - Legacy Softcore

add me if i win or if my bids are lower than c/o
Last edited by xiaozozo on Sep 14, 2016, 12:35:30 PM
Hello,
I started your build for curiosity. I had never done a trapper . I loved it , during the leveling phase I never had problems and finally yesterday I made ​​the transition to CI.
Now I have about 7.5k es, I still do not feel safe as with the builds with life, but I'm starting to take a certain familiarity.
The problem that I now arises is that in the tier 7-8 maps do not feel I have enough damage to cruise.
Currently I have a dmg of about 2.8k, I add my equip if I had missed something (Obviously some things of the equip are terrible and will be changed. But at the moment I'm not playing much for lack of time).

Spoiler
No need for trap cooldown support if you're not oneshotting packs.

Trap cooldown -> conc effect (or added chaos, its slightly worse)
that's true, if you find yourself having issues when you first hit mid tier with bad gear and low level you can swap in a damage gem for trap cooldown

if you push for mid maps early while your gems are around lvl 18 and you didn't take many damage nodes you'll feel a slight bump especially with these monster life buffs and build nerfs but it'll go away with both gem and character levels

edit: there's a flask section in the first post, basically anything works as long as you fit in proper suffixes but 2 highly recommended flasks are RUmi's concoction and Atziri's promise
IGN JustifiedF
Last edited by Justifi3d on Sep 16, 2016, 1:02:23 PM
hey! i played little bit Mines last league and really liked it so this seems fun too!

any idea how this works againts Guardians and Shaper?
sadly i'm so casual this league that i probably won't be meeting shaper and co. until like 1 month into league

hopefully someone's gonna try it, but i'm guessing poison immune guardians are going to be rough and require some serious mechanical outplay, definitely wouldn't try it in HC
IGN JustifiedF
Last edited by Justifi3d on Sep 20, 2016, 1:18:05 AM
Hello, I've played this build up to lvl 91 a the moment and got almost BiS stuff in every gear slot ending up with nearly 12k ES w/ discipline up (Chest is not 6 linked and thats all). Gonna say something about endgame in 2.4 because a lot of people are asking.

Uber lab is really easy. Except for that you need to dodge a lot with whirling blades on final phase (especially with charges mech) you can totally do full buffed lab.

Maps up to t15 even with rough mods like temp chains/enfeeble/hexproof/twinned boss went really well. Though I haven't been able to do twinned core deathless, but this may be only me lacking skill.

Uber Atziri can be done even with 5 link (Bladefall-Trap-Trap dmg-Conc Effect-Cluster/Void manip.) but you still need to be very careful and duo is the hardest part for sure.

As for guardians, unfortunately those are going poorly. I did minotaur and phoenix and it took like 10 minutes to kill them, all time dodging/popping def flasks. And those aren't poison immune. I don't know if I want to rush hydra and chimera with this build without changing something but I really have no idea what to change.

Other than that build is awesome and I enjoy playing it. Thanks to the author.
Last edited by pateleq on Sep 20, 2016, 9:18:18 AM
Question to OP, about a page back you say its bad to have qual BF and more Aoe since the waves are bigger. But even with a bigger radius doesnt BF still hit the same amount of times?
Also what is the point of getting the leadership nodes.

Lastly by chance does anyone have a calc that shows exactly how much poison dps we are doing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info