[2.4] CI Bladefall Trapper - High tier mapping - EV/ES/Block - Updating for 2.4.

Really enjoying the build currently lvl 84 on Hardcore made the transition to Ci around 80 because i had trouble farming up currency
I feel my Es is lacking as its only 8.4k

gear listed below

Spoiler
"
LateralusMike wrote:
Really enjoying the build currently lvl 84 on Hardcore made the transition to Ci around 80 because i had trouble farming up currency

gear listed below

Spoiler

Your splendour is quite a low roll, i had my splendour at 680es (old chest 580es)and my total ES is bumped from 9.2K to 9.7K. Also, you need a max level discipline for about 200 more es. Can possibly get abit more ES from helm and gloves as well as a good% energy from within jewel, that will peak out much. Lastly you have another 10ish levels to reach 90, where you can opt to take Unnatural Calm node near witch.

You will reach possibly 11k es with a 400 shield and 200es gloves, and maybe some 180es boots. Same for my case as well.
IGN:
@McDeliveryOnFlurry - Legacy Softcore

add me if i win or if my bids are lower than c/o
Last edited by xiaozozo on Sep 22, 2016, 1:28:14 PM
having aoe % is not "bad" but it lowers single target damage on stationary targets because more aoe translates into less overlap aka less wawes hitting a target

However for purposes of mapping as much aoe as you can get is always better so it is a tradeoff

As far as reasoning behind leadership goes, without it your blasphemy will have limited range and too many monsters will be outside of its range and can have their damage "snapshotted" because calculations happen when monsters start their attack, not when they finish it

As far as getting high es numbers its all about levels and gear, however roughly 9k is more than good for mid tier content and 11k+ is if you want to be idiot proof in high maps

My tree leaves a lot of room for customization and you can always sacrifice some damage for ES and vice versa
IGN JustifiedF
Last edited by Justifi3d on Sep 22, 2016, 2:38:32 PM
"
xiaozozo wrote:
"
LateralusMike wrote:

gear listed below

Spoiler

Your splendour is quite a low roll, i had my splendour at 680es (old chest 580es)and my total ES is bumped from 9.2K to 9.7K. Also, you need a max level discipline for about 200 more es. Can possibly get abit more ES from helm and gloves as well as a good% energy from within jewel, that will peak out much. Lastly you have another 10ish levels to reach 90, where you can opt to take Unnatural Calm node near witch.

You will reach possibly 11k es with a 400 shield and 200es gloves, and maybe some 180es boots. Same for my case as well.

upgrades as of lately

the pure ES splendour was 200c minimum where as the Es/Ev was cheaper, we do make some use from the evasion so for 50c it seemed like a deal, currently sitting at 10.7k Es @ lvl 89
Tooltip dps is 4618.6 with Bf - Trap dmg - Cluster - Trap - controlled destruction (5168.1 with conc)
Hello all

I did this build last league and really loved it and now I'm doing the crit version of the same build.

My gear:

Spoiler

Thoughts:

- PC generation is fast and steady with just throwing traps :)
- Almost crit capped at 95%
- 8k es
- Where I use to throw 2-3 cluster traps I now only throw 1
- Can clear upto t14
- Cooldown is a bitch
- What I miss most about saboteur is the chain reaction. Sometimes mobs don't hit all the traps.
- Buffed tooltip : 15k
- regular : 8k

It's really hard to say which one is better, the crit requires more investement in the tree and gear. It also requires you to drop some nodes here and there. On the other hand the dmg feels alot better not having to throw 2 traps in high-end maps allows you the clear a little bit faster. That being said for somewhat lower tier maps this is not the case, you'll quickly be waiting for the cooldown. I play higher tier maps alot slower, since I don't want to die so the cooldown is less an issue.

The biggest hinderance for clearspeed or upgrading the build further is cds and not having chain reaction. Anyway the dmg is a big relief as compared to the non-crit build. My gear and tree aren't finished yet and I'm still messing around with some of the nodes :)

Still the best build to get started on a budget, crit or non-crit :).

I did warchiefs but it just didn't feel good, bv is too much effort and this is just perfect

I'll upload an atziri video or something later :)

So mate i saw your guide which btw is really really good and covers everything.

I was wondering if you could help me with my variation of the build (HC lvl 75 so far) :

1) I am going for life/Evasion/Acrobatics which i know that it is not the current meta but its kind of a personal preference. If i have 6k life is it ok ? ( Also consider that i have 70% increased potion effect so insta flasks are gooood)

2) I have HUGE mana problems, how do you sustain it ? I mean yeah in your guide you stated about Atziri's splendour and the mana on kill, which should be more than sufficient for monsters, but what do you do on bosses that move fast and quickly and can avoid your traps ? (I can always aim better i know)

3) Another variation i have done is using Poison gem instead of Void Manipulation, but i do intend to stack those jewels : http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Unstable_Payload
With 4 of them and the 10% Saboteur gains you can have 55-58% chance for traps to trigger a 2nd time.

Thanks in advance for helping me. If you need anything, build related that i have done, you can check through my profile, everything is open and i do have only 1 saboteur.
mana on bosses is pretty much all about proper mana flask usage

Having 200+ unreserved mana or whatever is needed to throw 2 traps or sets of traps also helps because that means at least 12 sets of traps not accounting for native mana regen

Atziris splendour does indeed solve most issues mapping wise and on most maps you barely need to use mana pot with it except on bosses

Life based build is fine but you should really check out my budget section

Even with ghetto gear worth roughly half an ex you can reach 8k+ es, and with just a little bit investment you can get 10k

You can check my current gear on my profile, im super casual this leagu playing roughly 2h a day not even every day and for roughly 3 ex total investment im at 10k es right now

"Traps trigger twice" is a "noob trap" and i wish GGG didn't word it that way because it is seriously.misleading and no wonder it confuses people

It doesnt mean they trigger twice, it means they rearm twice as if you basically threw a new separate trap, they are still affected by arming time animation and they still need to be triggered although chain reaction helps with that

Its much less useful than it seems it is and id recommend using coated shrapnel over those jewels
IGN JustifiedF
If anyone is looking for top gear/lvled gems for this build im selling everything. IGN Tazarotten
"
LateralusMike wrote:
"
xiaozozo wrote:
"
LateralusMike wrote:

gear listed below

Spoiler

upgrades as of lately

the pure ES splendour was 200c minimum where as the Es/Ev was cheaper, we do make some use from the evasion so for 50c it seemed like a deal, currently sitting at 10.7k Es @ lvl 89
Tooltip dps is 4618.6 with Bf - Trap dmg - Cluster - Trap - controlled destruction (5168.1 with conc)

Sadly i died at 89 to colonde boss post death fire while looting not used to ci, but im on my way back

level 84 Hc
10k Es
3.7k Eva (28%)
168 fire / 227 cold / 181 light
Cold is over due to dropping my helmet for heretics when i get the currency
opted to buy a 6link and roll myself carnal for price reasons
Spoiler

isnt poisen gem and choas dmg over time good anymore?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info