[2.4] CI Bladefall Trapper - High tier mapping - EV/ES/Block - Updating for 2.4.

Would it be possible for you to record a whole uber map video?
I tried it this week-end and died 4 times against the double vaals and would be interested to see your strategy against them.
The trio was pretty ok for me (just move all the time, pay attention to the bleed, and you should be ok). I also died twice on uber Atziri herself but I know why (got stuck by her double flameblast once and did play well with flasks during split phase).

My gear/stats are pretty similar to yours which means I have to become a better player to do the map:)
Allright, gonna give this a try, never tried a proper trapper before (Only mirror and blink arrow linked to Deerstalkers, for my Cloner build) ! Seems really strong and pretty affordable.
IGN: TeslaChronos / Face_Tankit
sure i have some exalts to waste so ill buy couple of sets and upload a clean full run, it will take some time to upload though so expect it sometime tomorrow

double vaal is the hardest part of the Uber run for me too because sometimes RNG fucks you over and you kill one fast and the other goes instantly underground and then you're screwed lol

Trio with this build is actually the easiest trio fight i have had on any of builds i did Uber with outside of Voll's devotion discharger, traps are just amazing for that type of the fight where kiting is the name of the game

edit: after doing math testing and ingame tests and consulting with other people doing similar variations of this build i came to realization that controlled destruction provides more DPS

if anyone is interested in math behind that you can refer to
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1550074/page/6

post by user Topper_Harley
IGN JustifiedF
Last edited by Justifi3d on Feb 10, 2016, 12:54:38 AM
After a failed attempt, I finally killed über with that build!

3 deaths : deathless Vaals, 2 on the trio (highly avoidable, I whirling'ed in the degen) and 1 on über Atziri.

Best build I have played for Atziri runs! Thanks again for sharing that build with us :)
I think I'll try this build in the next league, seems quite fun (I loved my old trappers builds), and I was looking at the Shadow's ascendancies: the only one to feel really useful on a trapper setup seems to be the Trickster, mostly for the extra defenses and mana (can help with gearing).
What do you think?
I think Saboteur is an apsolute crap of an Ascendancy class and i was near furios after i saw the bullshit they put into that class

2 ascendancy points for "you can setup an extra trap", 2 points for something that's ever gonna be useful on uber atziri runs and even then you can do without it

other nodes are also pretty meh, i mean chain reaction is whatever to me, i'd argue there are many cases when you don't want nearby traps to trigger

They could have done so much more with that class, it feels extremely lackluster

For this build particularly i think Trickster and Ocultist are gonna be the 2 best options with Ocultist being the stronger one

-20% chaos res + all the ES stuff is just amazing, you can also opt to go blasphemy enfeeble + increased aoe with some mana reservation nodes and take the dual curse route for more damage but not like you need more damage

As far as trickster goes i think Shade form + swift killer or Patient reaper are also good options

Shade form is such a strong node, it essentially gives you an extra item slot and 20% more chance to evade when not on full ES on top of that

I think Swift Killer and Ghost dance offer a pretty good option of specing into dodge as an ES build on top of block and evasion which would be crazy

Courrupted darkray vectors gives you 2 charges, you can get 1 from a neck, you could use +1 frenzy eye of chayula for example, it wouldn't be hard to get, you get 3 base +1 from bandit rewards, 1 from swift killer and you can easily stretch out and pick up 2 on the tree

That gives you 10 total frenzy, with darkray vectors it equals 20% dodge + 5% from Ghost Dance and you nearly have Acrobatics on a CI build :D, not to mention 50% increased movement speed you'd also get

But the main issue with this build that if they decide to mess with Bino's prolif they might entirely kill it so we'll have to wait, i don't think any nerfs to Bladefall might make this build bad, even if they nerfed the damage by like 30% this build would still be extremely strong

edit: gratz on the uber kill hubdelafonk, uber atziri, just like regular one becomes a matter of practice after you get that DPS treshold needed to do it, popping your flasks on time and dodging stuff is the main thing that's gonna make the difference of you dying or not

IGN JustifiedF
Last edited by Justifi3d on Feb 17, 2016, 12:18:34 PM
"
Justifi3d wrote:
I think Saboteur is an apsolute crap of an Ascendancy class and i was near furios after i saw the bullshit they put into that class

2 ascendancy points for "you can setup an extra trap", 2 points for something that's ever gonna be useful on uber atziri runs and even then you can do without it

other nodes are also pretty meh, i mean chain reaction is whatever to me, i'd argue there are many cases when you don't want nearby traps to trigger

They could have done so much more with that class, it feels extremely lackluster

For this build particularly i think Trickster and Ocultist are gonna be the 2 best options with Ocultist being the stronger one

-20% chaos res + all the ES stuff is just amazing, you can also opt to go blasphemy enfeeble + increased aoe with some mana reservation nodes and take the dual curse route for more damage but not like you need more damage

As far as trickster goes i think Shade form + swift killer or Patient reaper are also good options

Shade form is such a strong node, it essentially gives you an extra item slot and 20% more chance to evade when not on full ES on top of that

I think Swift Killer and Ghost dance offer a pretty good option of specing into dodge as an ES build on top of block and evasion which would be crazy

Courrupted darkray vectors gives you 2 charges, you can get 1 from a neck, you could use +1 frenzy eye of chayula for example, it wouldn't be hard to get, you get 3 base +1 from bandit rewards, 1 from swift killer and you can easily stretch out and pick up 2 on the tree

That gives you 10 total frenzy, with darkray vectors it equals 20% dodge + 5% from Ghost Dance and you nearly have Acrobatics on a CI build :D, not to mention 50% increased movement speed you'd also get

But the main issue with this build that if they decide to mess with Bino's prolif they might entirely kill it so we'll have to wait, i don't think any nerfs to Bladefall might make this build bad, even if they nerfed the damage by like 30% this build would still be extremely strong

edit: gratz on the uber kill hubdelafonk, uber atziri, just like regular one becomes a matter of practice after you get that DPS treshold needed to do it, popping your flasks on time and dodging stuff is the main thing that's gonna make the difference of you dying or not

Thanks for the analysis (btw, is there a link to the occultist ascendancy tree? Main page on site isn't complete and the wiki doesn't give the visual appearance).
So we (or at least I) have to wait and see if they decide to nerf the Bino before looking at this build.
I took a little break from the game since the last holidays so I'm not really updated on the devs' intentions.
What if they nerf the Bino prolif?
And since I'm here already (and hoping the nerf won't get real), what would be a good leveling setup? Usual Fire Trap + anything that works (maybe trap + desecrate)?
My old trappers were all elemental, so I don't know how the lack of proper nodes will impact the last part of leveling (aka Merciless and first maps, until I can get Bino with its prolif).
that's a pretty good shield, chest is gonna be enough(i had a 500ES Sadist garb until lvl 90) but you could get a better one if you're willing to spend some more

As fas as Bino's prolif and how it would affect the build

If they remove it or restrict it to attacks only you'd basically have to reinvent the build and solve the AOE problem

right now the build has insane single target but without bino's prolif the aoe is lackluster

There's a reason trap builds gravitate to proliferation mechanics and that is because you're limited by trap cooldown, therefore every time you leave couple of stray mobs unkilled you have to use an extra trap, and on spread and not very dense packs that leads you into being trap starved

therefore trappers use proliferation to ensure the entire packs gets killed to minimize those situations when there's a mob or two left(you'll notice it still happens, it's just 10x worse without any proliferation)

The thing is, we might not need prolif at all if cluster trap turns out to be good and they don't nerf bladefall that much, but then the build will have much worse single target and will essentially be a completely different build

I'll refrain from theorycrafting further that much and i'll wait until we have all the balance changes and i'll probably make a post or a video explaining what ascendancy choices can be taken
IGN JustifiedF
Nvm I was blind...
standard and hardcore are two different games !

Ever stop to think why you do what you do, ever stop to question yourself and the actions you take ?

bree pa pa pa !
Last edited by newgat3 on Feb 20, 2016, 2:18:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info