[2.4] CI Bladefall Trapper - High tier mapping - EV/ES/Block - Updating for 2.4.

just an oversight, corrected it, thanks for pointing it out

edit: lol you're not blind or going crazy, the node wasn't there but it should have been i edited it after you posted

also to the person who requested a full uber atziri video i'm afraid i'm not gonna do it, mortal set prices skyrocketed to 4 exalts and that's just too much for me to waste away since all the drops that are likely to drop are useless atm, i already invested most of my currency into league specific items and lower currencies that are much more expensive on standard like fuses and chromes so i can have a testing field when ascendancy hits

i'm currently saving the rest of my currency to stock up on unique talismans if they don't introduce it to the core game

what i can offer to you is video of a player who killed uber on THC doing a variation of this build, the mechanics of the fight are the same, he just has slightly different gem setup tailored to his liking like blasphemy and using a wither totem

he also did a smart thing and used rare gloves + dagger for atziri since bino's does nothing for you in that fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYOtfPHToe0
IGN JustifiedF
Last edited by Justifi3d on Feb 20, 2016, 2:58:14 PM
Bladefall received a nerf damage wise, not that big on numbers myself but I would assume the build is still viable, any thoughts ?

Also which ascendancy subclass in your opinion would be best for this build ? I was thinking to go assassin personally maybe compensate for the slight nerf with a crit skill tree version,

but in retrospect the investment in crit gear (skill points also being valuable) might be a bit much for a first character and Trickster with Shade Form looks like you can get away with slightly crappier gear at the beginning at least.

Witch Occultist might also be viable, damn so many options, confusion at maximum for me :) !
standard and hardcore are two different games !

Ever stop to think why you do what you do, ever stop to question yourself and the actions you take ?

bree pa pa pa !
Last edited by newgat3 on Feb 25, 2016, 12:21:51 PM
we still haven't seen the full extent of poison nerfs but if bladefall is nerfed by only 25% of base damage and up 1% per volley it won't make a difference with this build

it's less of a nerf damage wise than going going from a 6L to a 5L damage wise and this build is more than capable of doing anything on a 5L

posion gem is also nerfed by 25% of damage at lvl 1, don't know the values at lvl 20, but it's not much of a nerf in total damage, just a couple of percents

If things remain as they are, this will still be a top tier build, damage loss will be more than compensated by various ascendancy classes

I think the Occultist will be by far the strongest class, -20% resist coupled with all the ES benefits are amazing

Trickster is probably close second and probably the build you would start with in a league if you absolutely have to because shade form basically gives you an extra item worth of stats

I still wouldn't recommend starting a CI build, you need at least some okayish gear to make it work and all you'll be doing is playing a shitty hibrid build until you get it

i don't think crit is worth the investment, even with Assasin, it's just to inconsistent to rely on it and it's better to scale the damage in other ways, there are plenty of strong damage nodes you can take doing a non crit build, you'd be missing on all of those if going crit and it would feel extremely shitty when you don't crit

IGN JustifiedF
Last edited by Justifi3d on Feb 25, 2016, 1:41:27 PM
bladefall nerfed from 120% to 90%
Spoiler
"
Justifi3d wrote:
we still haven't seen the full extent of poison nerfs but if bladefall is nerfed by only 25% of base damage and up 1% per volley it won't make a difference with this build

it's less of a nerf damage wise than going going from a 6L to a 5L damage wise and this build is more than capable of doing anything on a 5L

posion gem is also nerfed by 25% of damage at lvl 1, don't know the values at lvl 20, but it's not much of a nerf in total damage, just a couple of percents

If things remain as they are, this will still be a top tier build, damage loss will be more than compensated by various ascendancy classes

I think the Occultist will be by far the strongest class, -20% resist coupled with all the ES benefits are amazing

Trickster is probably close second and probably the build you would start with in a league if you absolutely have to because shade form basically gives you an extra item worth of stats

I still wouldn't recommend starting a CI build, you need at least some okayish gear to make it work and all you'll be doing is playing a shitty hibrid build until you get it

i don't think crit is worth the investment, even with Assasin, it's just to inconsistent to rely on it and it's better to scale the damage in other ways, there are plenty of strong damage nodes you can take doing a non crit build, you'd be missing on all of those if going crit and it would feel extremely shitty when you don't crit

Yeah, you make valid points all around, Occultist with the -20 chaos res might just be enough to cancel out all the poison nerfs or very close to it, or I might be wrong since they are nerfing the gem and I saw they nerfed/adjusted the Fatal Toxins cluster from 125% inc dmg with poison to around 70% I think..

Keeping that in mind I still think -20 chaos res is huge since thats something you cant get any other way(at least from what we know right now) and the huge amount of damage on the skill tree for traps... yeah all and all you're right this is still viable imo too, as for going witch for the Occultist you can always get some life nodes and respect into CI once you get some decent gear I think, never played CI before but I dont see any reason why respecing into it later on when gear becomes available wouldnt work.

Thank you very much for the response man, my hat's off to you, please update after more information becomes available I would very much like to see/hear your thoughts after things settle into place, cheers !

Ever stop to think why you do what you do, ever stop to question yourself and the actions you take ?

bree pa pa pa !
Last edited by newgat3 on Feb 26, 2016, 3:14:50 AM
i plan to make a video + long post detailing all the ascendancy info as soon as the patch notes hit

yeah poison gem is gutted very hard coupled with fatal toxins, i don't see the reasoning behind the nerf of the gem but whatever and occultist is also nerfed

it's hard to speculate because stuff we talked about literally yesterday is nerfed today and something else might be buffed

If everything turns out to still be working after the patch i plan to boot this build as my second/third build quickly just to have a baseline for people who want to try it to follow, i probably won't play i to same extent as i did this league just cause i would get too bored and there's so much stuff i wanna try but i'll try to get it to lvl ~85 and do some red maps and maybe try uber atziri although with all the damage nerfs i think uber's gonna be hard unless we can compensate somewhere, for regular mapping and non t15 bosses i think even if damage was cut in half the build would still be good
IGN JustifiedF
Understood.

bree pa pa pa !
apparently there was a bug that caused bladefall to do less damage than intended(lol) and the 25% nerf was to adjust for the bug

poison gem got destroyed in damage and some nodes got lowered

Binos life regen is no longer worth a damn

Build will still be extremely strong, we just need to solve the regen issue, i have couple of things in mind

updates and a video coming soon

Non Bino's build might be the best right now due to cluster trap, will need live testing
IGN JustifiedF
Updated with ascendancy overview and videos detailing all the info you would need
IGN JustifiedF
Its a shame about the prior build, it was truly best that I've played - so good in fact, that I stopped at level 82 - just to save it for the new league.

Looking forward to keeping up with your latest updates - and hope your posts/recommendations get more pub.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info