[2.4] CI Bladefall Trapper - High tier mapping - EV/ES/Block - Updating for 2.4.

"
Justifi3d wrote:
i like bubbling mana pots myself and never really have mana issues

mana flask is required to play the build, it's impossible to sustain trap cost through any other means especially in less recovery maps

What happens on boss fights where the boss takes more than one mana flasks worth of traps? Or does that just not happen, lol.
"
Googatron wrote:
"
Justifi3d wrote:

mana flask is required to play the build, it's impossible to sustain trap cost through any other means especially in less recovery maps

What happens on boss fights where the boss takes more than one mana flasks worth of traps? Or does that just not happen, lol.

well in response, the eternal mana flask provides 5 use of flask charges, and based on the build he is able to throw 5 traps per flask charge. That gives at least 20-25 trap burst, imo should be fine, otherwise a quick TP will solve the problem. After you get the main Saboteur keystone, CHAIN REACTION, I believe most of the dps problems will fade away along with decent gear upgrades.

Just my 2cents, dont kill me for it. Im still a level55 trapper, gonna wait till 65 before i get chain reaction too.
IGN:
@McDeliveryOnFlurry - Legacy Softcore

add me if i win or if my bids are lower than c/o
Last edited by xiaozozo on Sep 6, 2016, 5:26:37 AM
out of thousands of maps i've done with the build i recall only once running out of mana to kill a boss

It was coloseum daresso with 60% less recovery and i dindn't realize that map had that mod on it so i spammed my flask needlessly as usual and he was at 5% hp when i had to port to refresh
IGN JustifiedF
"
xiaozozo wrote:
"
Googatron wrote:
"
Justifi3d wrote:

well in response, the eternal mana flask provides 5 use of flask charges, and based on the build he is able to throw 5 traps per flask charge. That gives at least 20-25 trap burst, imo should be fine, otherwise a quick TP will solve the problem. After you get the main Saboteur keystone, CHAIN REACTION, I believe most of the dps problems will fade away along with decent gear upgrades.

Just my 2cents, dont kill me for it. Im still a level55 trapper, gonna wait till 65 before i get chain reaction too.

Ah, I havnt got chain reaction yet, that might be why Im struggling!
until you get chain reaction it's wise to take out cluster trap when fighting a tankier boss because if all traps don't trigger(which they rarely will because most bosses don't constantly move) you're losing a lot of DPS from "less damage" multiplier

P.S i started the build in Essence league but i'm full casual this league so it will take some days until i reach any higher tier content with all the new stuff
IGN JustifiedF
Last edited by Justifi3d on Sep 6, 2016, 1:21:32 PM
Im planning to use the flask setup:

mana flask of staunching
rumis
promise
quicksilver of warding
basalt of heat

also what do you think of using witchfire brew instead of rumis and using tempchains + enfeeble?

by the way a general question: why no bino's for mapping?
Last edited by sunnymarcell on Sep 6, 2016, 3:53:08 PM
attack speed dagger gives more clear speed than binos prolif does, cluster trap is already enough for trash clearing

Rumis for me personally is top priority flask and theres no replacement so i don't like that idea but you're welcome to try

Temp chains + enfeeble is good, i recommend it to all HC players
IGN JustifiedF
Last edited by Justifi3d on Sep 6, 2016, 4:19:38 PM
Are we going to run only 1 curse or will we use +1 curse ring?
"
Googatron wrote:

Actually, in the new 2.4 Guardian fights thats exactly what happens, because those bosses have a shitton of hp and long phases where you cant regen flasks.
On my trapper i've had to use a low-level clarity and really pay attention to mana flask management to sort-of bypass this.

Its no problem until t15 though.
Last edited by vtepezh on Sep 7, 2016, 5:27:24 AM
"
valy25031 wrote:
Are we going to run only 1 curse or will we use +1 curse ring?

+1 curse amulet, and/or Whispers of Doom
Enfeeble + Tempchains for defensive, or Enfeeble+Vuln for some offensive dps
IGN:
@McDeliveryOnFlurry - Legacy Softcore

add me if i win or if my bids are lower than c/o
Last edited by xiaozozo on Sep 7, 2016, 7:31:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info