[2.4] CI Bladefall Trapper - High tier mapping - EV/ES/Block - Updating for 2.4.

Quick question about your ascendancy choices why don't you get Explosives Expert instead of Born in the Shadows is the damage gives you worth it.
i mostly took it for the reduced damage taken

but since 30% double dips i think it should still be more damage than explosives expert when you take into account reisstances

this build doesn't scale through elemental damage, so elemental additives are kinda wasted, and since you don't crit you lose out on most of the appeal of ele dmg which is the status ailments

poison in it's current state is just superior
IGN JustifiedF
That makes sense I was just thinking of using that plus poison but your probably right with the extra 30% doing more damage.
"
Justifi3d wrote:
if you grab the entire master sapper cluster which i plan to eventually it turns out to be ~6% trap damage per node taking into account travel nodes, that's about the equivalent of a random ~10% phys/spell/dot node because trap damage double dips

it's not terribly inefficient if you consider the utility of extra traps and frenzy charges

you would need to get that dex somewhere anyways and if you have to get it on gear it means extra resist loss cause you'd need to spend another suffix on attributes, you're already strained on strength so now you're lacking 2 attributes which is hard to compensate

i wouldn't personally go for double curse on the tree, getting it from gear is much less of a loss, it's basically only currency loss and i explained earlier why i don't value triple curse for general mapping which is my main focus this league

zealoths oath is also not worth the points nor is the regen

scaling curse effect is something you do if you're only farming uber atziri, which judging by the market last i checked isn't that profitable compared to mapping unless you're willing to commit dozens of runs

Uber Lab seems better to farm than Atziri and i've been doing that with less than 9k ES and Deerstalkers

Scaling curses vuln is a double dip more multiplier though. The same goes for temp chains poison+survivability. Maybe something to consider in hc. Went with your suggestion, maybe next league I'll head my own direction. :)

As said I'm an old school player (act3 piety end game boss), didn't know you could get +1 curse from vaal. A lot of things are still new to me.

Anyways made it to lvl 90 in phc so I thought it'd be a nice time to get back to this thread. The clear speed is not that great but it feels really safe to play. Trow some traps, whirl away before anything can hit you. Aside from deerstalkers, no gear required. Pretty good for a temp HC league. ;)

I can be the laughing stock of this thread. I hate wasting time on looking/buying gear so going ES is like a nightmare for me. I get home from work, I want to run some maps.. not look on poe.trade for hours to find some gear.

Lvl 90 and still playing hybrid with self found ilvl 50 gear or something. Doing t10's+ Really need to switch to ES soon cause I feel a rip incoming. Atm waiting for a guy selling Atziri's Splendour to come online. Made a decent amount of currency, just need to actually spend it. :) Don't think I can afford the full end-game gear yet but I can get most of it. Got lucky this league with a shavs drop but I'll take it to normal HC for my own usage. My gear atm, no joke:

Spoiler

Actually,after writing this I'll take some upgrades from my stash. The above is just too sad, wasting a lot of currency by not lvling bladefall in extra sockets...

Thanks for the detailed guide, you clearly put some work in it. GL with your new build :) edit: Took a look at what you're playing, looks fun/strong. ;)

Edit2: Just ripped on some lab traps, don't ask. =)

Last edited by Icebaby on Jun 25, 2016, 8:45:12 PM
nothing wrong with not wanting to spend currency, i ran under 30c worth of gear to like lvl 87

honestly if you can handle hybrid stick with it for low maps until you can get good deals on currency, i ran hybrid in the HC 1 week race and it felt ok, although i used rathpith globe to get max block/spell block

reason i went with pure ES is because my playstyle can be best described as defensively aggressive, i want to have enough defense to not have to stop and look at monster mods or worry that the map has damage mods, when i reach that point i spend everything else into damage and movement whatever feels lacking out of the two

and i find it's much easier to reach that treshhold with ES than life these days, i tried making this build life when i first started it, but even with perfect GG gear and ton of life nodes from tree i still got barely over 6k, thats like a volatile in an added lightning map and you're dead

i recommend getting an attack speed dagger if you find clear speed lacking, i was consistently doing under 2,5 min gorges and plateaus and like 3,5 min t12-13 depending on map mods once i got my t1 AS dagger and took couple of extra attack speed nodes

that's nothing to write home about vs tier 0 builds like COC Discharge or Wanders but it's fastest i've personally seen from any trap builds out there

Yeah new build is insane, i ripped it from Oos although i don't think he's made it public yet
IGN JustifiedF
Last edited by Justifi3d on Jun 25, 2016, 8:41:12 PM
Yeah I actually have a high aspd dagger in stash
Spoiler
can craft spell dmg still
just didn't bother yet cause colors might be a pain and not a sai. Then again I also have a high spell dmg sai but no aspd. :p

Mostly what holds the speed back is the trap cooldown but you discussed this enough in your previous posts/videos. Honestly it's not that bad, gives you some time to position yourself properly.

Too bad I ripped since I don't play standard. Usually I delete dead ones but I'll keep him around for a bit. Really enjoyed playing trapper, it's a different mindset. Can easily do some tough mapmods, would've liked to have taken it lvl95+. I agree ES is the way to go, just a bit bothersome in a new league. :) Especially since we need green sockets. There's only two ES atz splendour on phc atm.

Not sure if I'll reroll trapper again this league even though I got the currency/stash to easily re-gear it. Made some mad money flipping coated shrapnels :p.
Could make an uber lab farm EQ-dude but that's kinda boring... might try that bow build you got running there, I got some good gear for that in stash. :)

Edit: Just a tip for early lvling with trapper is blade vortex+reverberation rod+whatever herald. Absolutely destroys everything till merciless act 3 or so, maybe you could add that to your guide. Took me 18h to get in merciless dried lake. :) (4h to finish normal)
Last edited by Icebaby on Jun 25, 2016, 10:00:24 PM
"
Icebaby wrote:

Not sure if I'll reroll trapper again this league even though I got the currency/stash to easily re-gear it. Made some mad money flipping coated shrapnels :p.
Could make an uber lab farm EQ-dude but that's kinda boring... might try that bow build you got running there, I got some good gear for that in stash. :)

Goddamn it, right after I started leveling the prices went up from 4-5 to 15 c :(
hi!) why stone golem??
its just there to create distraction,i only really used it in uber lab, and that's if i didn't forget

all other golems have terrible ai and actually make your mapping worse by drawing mobs away from traps
IGN JustifiedF
Could you talk about enchants to get?

Anyway I'm at 33 challenges, league is almost over for me :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info