[2.4] CI Bladefall Trapper - High tier mapping - EV/ES/Block - Updating for 2.4.

I don't know if this question has been asked but why no Bino's?
Because after extensive testing it doesn't improve your clear speed as much as a rare dagger with attack speed

After introduction of cluster trap Bino's has been unecessary for AOE clear and it offers barely any damage vs bosses without adds which is bosses where that extra bit of damage from dagger would actually help

IGN JustifiedF
Having fun with this in PSC. Always played hc leagues but due to time constraints I started on sc. Playing up to T5 maps atm as I don't have higher maps yet. Clear speed is nice with my puny 4.5k tooltip DPS :P

Lvl77 and don't even have max resists lol... but it's only sc so who cares... I rarely die anyway.

Only problem is that coated shrapnel jewels have jumped in price in this league :S
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
Yeah they'll prolly nerf in the next big patch.

Anyway for body do we go full ES splendour or ES/EV splendour?
yeah i got lucky and got most of my stuff dirt cheap like kiara's and jewels

you should put on a live search for stuff you are looking for, you'd be surprised how many good deals can be found this way

that's how i made the money to get most of my gear, flipping underpriced stuff and also getting good deals for myself

i managed to snatch a 11% Energy from within for 4c because someone just looked up an average price and didn't check rolls

this applies to any uniques where rolls influence the price a lot

For low maps you don't need much to work, deerstalker is quite enough dps for even low red maps

stuff like 10k+ es and 6l only start to matter for the highest tiers so don't worry about rushing

i farmed all my stuff while leveling

edit: full ES splendour will be more overall mitigation because Evasion is subject to diminishing returns and extra 2k evasion(accounted for nodes and "of reflexes" suffix on flask) you'd get from EV version would mean much less than extra 600 or so ES(accounted for nodes) you'd get from wearing ES version
IGN JustifiedF
Last edited by Justifi3d on Jun 17, 2016, 7:49:50 AM
deleted
Last edited by arlen2015 on Jun 17, 2016, 8:40:05 AM
This looks good. Might eventually go CI since i could share most of the gear with my Trickster that i'm busy leveling.

One question: Why do you swap Trap Cooldown with Void Manipulation for Bosses? Shouldn't either Conc Effect or Controlled Destruction do more damage overall? Since it scales not just the Poison damage better but also benefits the damage from Bladefall itself? Or am i being stupid and missing something here?

Just using the More Multiplier here (assume a Trap does 1000 damage or whatever and Lvl 20 Gems):

6L with Conc Effect (swapped in Void Manipulation):

1000 Trap Damage = 100 Poison Damage * 1,39 Multiplier = 1000 Trap Damage and 139 Poison Damage

6L with Conc Effect (swapped in Contr Destruction):

1000 Trap Damage * 1,44 Multiplier = 1440 Trap Damage and 144 Poison Damage

----

Actually just realized that you're using Atziri's Flask.

Which would be (assuming 25% Roll):

1250 Trap Damage = 125 Poison Damage * 1,39 Multiplier = 1250 Trap Damage and 173,75 Poison Damage

6L with Conc Effect (swapped in Contr Destruction):

1250 Trap Damage * 1,44 Multiplier = 1800 Trap Damage and 180 Poison Damage

----

Am i just being stupid and miscalculating something or what is going on here? lol
Not only the initial hit from the Trap is higher but the Poison is as well.

The overall damage difference would be even higher with either Level 21 Gems or even 20% Quality Gems since Controlled Destruction gives 10% increased Spell Damage as opposed to 10% increased Chaos Damage from Void Manipulation.
Not only the initial hit from the Trap is higher but the Poison is as well.

I'm probably just missing something, but eh.

Cheers,
Frost

Edit: It's confirmed that i'm stupid. I didn't calculate Void Manipulation for the extra Chaos from Atziri's. Well, that just means that Contr Destruction is stronger when you don't use the Flask or ran out of charges for some reason. And that the initial Trap Damage is still stronger but has the tradeoff of less Poison Damage. (Makes me actually wonder what effects Lvl 21/22 Gems and 20% Quality on them would have on the damage.)

1000 Trap Damage + (250 Chaos Damage on Trap from Flask * 1,39 Multiplier) = 1347,5 Trap Damage
= 134,75 Poison Damage * 1,39 Multiplier = 1347,5 Trap Damage and 187,3025 Poison Damage

Another Edit: 22% Physical as Extra Chaos Atziri's BARELY beats out Controlled Destruction:

1000 Trap Damage + (220 Chaos Damage on Trap from Flask * 1,39 Multiplier) = 1305,8 Trap Damage
= 130,58 Poison Damage * 1,39 Multiplier = 1305,8 Trap Damage and 181,5062 Poison Damage

Might be more beneficial in higher Maps to use a different Utility Flask (even with 25% Extra Chaos).

Examples:

Lion's Roar for Knockback (not sure if it works on Traps but is some cheap Crowd Control and Armor)

The Overflowing Chalice for more uptime on the other Flasks as well as 40% increased Damage (which should work on Traps not sure though. But if it does it should double-dip the Poison potentially beating Atziri's with Controlled Destruction) Too bad Zealot's Oath is too far away from the Tree (8 Points) as this Flask would regenerate ES otherwise.

Taste of Hate is kinda obvious but gives Physical Mitigation in case the game decides to temporarily decide that your evasion is non-existent as well as some more maximum Cold Resistance and some upfront damage for your Traps which sadly doesn't scale the Poison.

Last edited by Frostdiener on Jun 17, 2016, 9:53:19 PM
that's a whole lot of a math but my reasoning is far simpler:

Void manipulation is a green gem :D

with your proposal i'd have to recolor my chest for every boss fight

Controlled destruction gives more damage than void manipulation in isolation regardless of atziri flask

I use controlled over conc in my links for anything that's not t15 because you already deal enough damage and it doesn't gimp your aoe

i only swap void for cooldown on t14-15

Lion's roar is terrible for the build and knockback doesn't work and would be meaningless even if it did

Chalice is unnecessary with magnate, 40% damage is irrelevant

Only flask i swap around is Jade for topaz vs piety and dom, you could swap basalt if doing uber lab but Uber Izaro is a joke anyways
IGN JustifiedF
is infernal mantle good for that build?
no, infernal mantle gives no beneficial stats, in fact, this build has very little unreserved mana because you're reliant on mana flask so there's no point in leaving more than 15% unreserved so it wouldn't only gimp you with the increased damage taken

critical strike chance is irrelevant, you deal no fire damage, and it's also near impossible to color to 5 green 1 blue

you might have mistaken this build for firestorm trapper
IGN JustifiedF
Last edited by Justifi3d on Jun 18, 2016, 6:51:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info