[2.4] CI Bladefall Trapper - High tier mapping - EV/ES/Block - Updating for 2.4.

Played this build as Occultist. Got it to level 76, but it felt pretty underwhelming.

The survivability was fine, I had like 2Ex worth of gear, 9.5K ES.

However, the damage was lackluster vs bosses. I needed like 6 traps to kill the first Voll. Like 4 traps for 1 atziri phase.

I think I had about 3.5k tooltip with cluster trap.
I used: Bladefall, Trap, Trap damage, Controlled Destruction + Cluster Trap/Trap Cooldown.
I was using trap cooldown on Voll, Atziri where the bosses don't move to trigger more than 1-2 of the traps. All gems were 20q, lvl 17.

I was expecting to be one-shotting normal atziri bosses...

What could be the reason for the low damage?
- 3 more levels on gems would make such a difference?
- Lack of chain reaction?
Hey @Justifi3d, why use Atziri's SPlendour ?

for regen on kill or?

tell me pls
Hey @Justifi3d

its possible to play with 5link splendor ? also why this chest its better then ES vaal regalia ?

GL
"
Th3LoRD wrote:
Played this build as Occultist. Got it to level 76, but it felt pretty underwhelming.

The survivability was fine, I had like 2Ex worth of gear, 9.5K ES.

However, the damage was lackluster vs bosses. I needed like 6 traps to kill the first Voll. Like 4 traps for 1 atziri phase.

I think I had about 3.5k tooltip with cluster trap.
I used: Bladefall, Trap, Trap damage, Controlled Destruction + Cluster Trap/Trap Cooldown.
I was using trap cooldown on Voll, Atziri where the bosses don't move to trigger more than 1-2 of the traps. All gems were 20q, lvl 17.

I was expecting to be one-shotting normal atziri bosses...

What could be the reason for the low damage?
- 3 more levels on gems would make such a difference?
- Lack of chain reaction?

i actually talked about gem mechanics and damage efficiency and you can read more on the front page but basically you should have been using Bladefall - trap - trap and mine damage - conc effect - void manipulation in your 5L for highest single target damage, techinically controlled destruction would be more damage than void manipulation but would require different socket colors which aren't optimal for AOE clearing

especially on Occultist where you don't have good single target with cluster traps because no chain reaction so you have to switch to single trap setup for tankier bosses and especially at that low level where every % of damage helps

"
Kornopl wrote:
Hey @Justifi3d

its possible to play with 5link splendor ? also why this chest its better then ES vaal regalia ?

GL

i played with 5L until level 90 so it's very possible, i also killed Uber izaro about 15 times on a 5L, 6L is only necessary for t14-15 bosses and Uber atziri

"
Ace_l0l wrote:
Hey @Justifi3d, why use Atziri's SPlendour ?

for regen on kill or?

tell me pls

Because you can't realistically get a higher ES chest that can roll 5 green sockets in a temporary league, Splendour rolls up to ~700 ES and i can't remember when was the last time i saw an EV/ES rare chest with more ES

Attempting to get 5 green on a Vaal regalia would be insane cost wise

IGN JustifiedF
Last edited by Justifi3d on Jul 6, 2016, 8:10:02 AM
Hi,

is this build HC viable? I am playing hc with this build, mostly played life version but the damage was really low.. so I respecced into your build and at level 83 I can get 6,6k dps on trap.. with deerstalker.. so damage is really nice.. but trying to gear it..Without jewelery i have 7,6k es.. es version of atziris is really expensive (unlinked).. I have never played ES character.. so I am unsure, if i should go all in in hc league.. I am afraid that having no means of es leech or regen..
I got to level 95 in Talisman with it, 92 in Perandus and 93 in Prophecy

you can check out my youtube channel, i do a fuck ton of red maps, much more than your average player and i always try to roll them for at least 1 packsize which means: Curses and -max like 90% of the time

The build is definitely HC viable, i had 0 deaths since i started CI this league to 93

i do level like a retard with 1,5k life and no resist in merciless so i usually already enter maps with 10 deaths xD

However i build my builds and play not to die once i start mapping cause i don't consider it fun if my build doesn't perform both defensively and offensively

However to reach the "barely able to die to anything" status you need something like 10k ES with well rolled rumi's and proper flask sufixes

My tree also leaves a lot of room to respec damage nodes into defense too, there are 2 ES clusters and an Evasion/ES cluster within few nodes to suplement any lack of gear you have

IGN JustifiedF
Thank you Justifi3d for the info!

I am now sitting on 8,1k ES and really enjoying the build. My gear is pretty ok at the moment! Even got magnate belt and max res. ok, I need 5-6 link body armour so I can get ES boots and I will be set. I will not be aiming for heretic veil.. so for now it is really ok. I am playing pretty cautiously and I barely get touched at all, just to be safe. For bosses I use vaal discipline, vaal clarity, pots and unleash traps.. up to t8 maps no boss managed to stay alive the first barrage :) Didnt do higher level maps for now..

p.s. just dropped my first kaoms heart :)
Last edited by IggyR on Jul 9, 2016, 3:24:05 PM
Hi!

I'm playing your build, and was going to try crafting a better dagger (current has no attack speed). Hoewver, I've spent a ton of currency but haven't even come close to what you have in your build. Is there something I'm missing for crafting it? If you could explain the process of how you did it I would really appreciate it.

Thank you for an awesome build!
@IggyR

gratz on the Kaoms mate

yeah Heretic is not really a necessity unless you plan on getting high levels and doing a lot of dangerous red maps where extra bit of damage or safety would matter, i'd suggest to anyone doing lower maps to just stick with enfeeble or temp chains and they should be more than fine, i only got a 6L and heretics at like lvl 88-89

@Naxturi

i basically just regaled any high hybrid spell dmg/mana roll or t1 attack speed i got regardless of what the other roll was until i managed to hit both on the regal

IIRC took me somewhere around 300-400 alts and like 10 scour regals to get it, and i used a 50 spell dmg 20 attack speed dagger until then

maybe just roll a t1-2 attack speed and add 44% spell damage with catarina, i don't think that extra 25-30 damage is worth it to spend a lot of currency on if you can't afford it
IGN JustifiedF
I personally don't understand: why not use Doryani's Invitation? Yes, lower damage and strength than Magnate, but has resistance, which you can drop on other items

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info