Okay why does the Phantasmogria boss hit harder then T15 bosses?

yeah. I just died to Thraxia at level 86 having full res and 4.4k hp. the boss is obviously too strong for that tier of map and needed a nerf long ago. I honestly couldn't believe that she one shot me in a level 71 map.
"
Wispo wrote:
"
grepman wrote:

hit point pools are poor defenses to be honest- because they dont mitigate or 'evade' damage- its basically how much you can take without dying. it will work for *some* but there will be times when you just will die because the incoming damage from many sources in short timespan will wreck you. thats the downside of a huge hit point pool. evasion will prevent this with attack entropy, phase acro will prevent this with spells, block as well, etc.

post 2.0 simply high pools wont save you long-term. especially with ES that cant pot...its still a glassy toon even with 20k es if you have no defenses.

You consider glass defences a 86% (2 topaz flasks q20% + the +1% max lightning res from es node) lightning res? C mon....

I was saying in general...post 2.0 a build that relies on hp pool with no real physical mitigation, is (wait for it)....a glass cannon. Things like taste of hate perfectly can take you very high on the ladder without deaths tho...but a small misstep and youre fucked. physical damage mitigation/avoidance is basically the defining factor for what is/isnt a glass cannon nowadays.

everyone can equip res flask btw. a toon with 70k armour and a toon with no armour. guess which one is the glassy one ?
"

Buff all map bosses to thraxia's level?

Exactly. Maybe, a bit weaker in unavoidable damage, but with unique telegraphed avoidable abilities and more HP (like Shock and Horror for example). And players should also be rewarded with far more experience for slaying those bosses. Just like in "Death and Taxes" unique map, you should FEEL loot explosions and experience boosts after you finally slay that badass boss.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
I_NO is right that boss is a bitch
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
TheWretch wrote:

Yeah and Boem thinks every boss is fucking easy and goes ''nice build'' if isn't working right.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
this initial post was created in december? jesus christ, nothing will ever get done about the topic. I actually had to EXPERIENCE the boss myself to come here and post about it, and people have been complaining since december.
"
"
TheWretch wrote:

Yeah and Boem thinks every boss is fucking easy and goes ''nice build'' if isn't working right.

He can be really condescending to top level players when he clearly has less experience than they do with that top content
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
"
TheWretch wrote:

He can be really condescending to top level players when he clearly has less experience than they do with that top content

The only people that can legitimately claim this boss is hard, are melee players.

That excludes I_NO.

But yeah have at it, nothing you can do about this boss q.q

First salazang, then torture boss and soon we will have all derpy bosses that just require a dps vs ehp check.

I lolled though.

pew pew pew, game hard.(wears 350+% mf)

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : suicide rushing a map with mass mf = experiencing the content, hah. Good stuff wretch. Definitely ace game.

If anything, I_NO does everything in her power to bypass the content provided. But yeah...you a smart boy.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Feb 7, 2016, 9:23:03 PM
On topic: There are SEVERAL over-tuned bosses. I am not saying the bosses should be nerf'd. I do think, however, they should be moved into level appropriate maps. That being said, there are bosses I currently avoid. Not because they can't be tackled, or because I will die, but because the rewards are the same regardless of difficulty. Why stress on killing a hard Phantasmagoria boss when you can run Promenade and laugh at how easy the boss fight is? Hell, you can kill map bosses several levels higher than this boss and still laugh at how easy the fight is - this being the reason I think some of these bosses should be moved into different map tiers.

Off topic: I don't know how SaiyanZ made it to level 83 with 2k life. That's seriously impressive all on it's own. Consider getting a little more life for HC builds. By 80 you should probably have double that value for your life pool or plan on more untimely deaths.
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
It was hybrid life/es. 2k life and 3k es. Also used Arctic Armour and CWDT enfeeble. Plus granite and jade flasks.

no offense but with your stats I would still grind dried lake :x
but 83 for your first real attempt in hc is a really good result imo

'offtopic': have done this boss a few times this league on a life based char with armour.
the boss is fine IF they put it without any changes in damage to a red map (T13+)... while some of these bosses are a fucking joke (for each and everybody no matter what build they use -.-)...
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
Last edited by kcstar on Feb 13, 2016, 1:47:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info