Okay why does the Phantasmogria boss hit harder then T15 bosses?

Have met this wonder today, with capped resists, topaz flask and 55% spell dodge there was still no way for me to kill it. Not even hit and run/LoSing works.

This thing is basically Tunneltrap on steroids whose shots you can't even avoid, absolutely ridiculous and out of place. If you add oneshot mechanics, you have to make sure that players can move to avoid them. Crap like this boss is just outright poorly thought out, frustrating and unfun. Some other bosses like act 4 Piety just seem rushed and untested (her moving next to a wall and beaming so you can't avoid it). Oh yeah, let's not forget that there's absolutely no reason to even bother with those ridiculous overtuned bosses as they drop the same stuff dummy bosses do.

An example of properly designed map boss would be The Wicked One, if you learn the layout you can avoid almost all her hits and even if you get hit from offscreen, you won't just instantly explode.

Random oneshots are nothing new to this game but it's still astonishing how absolutely nothing is being done to fix this issue. Remember that this a goddamn tier 4 map, not uber Atziri or your latest league's boss, this is the content that new players are doing and those new players aren't running level 99 clonical cheesy fotm builds worth a fortune.

Balancing the damage output around the the most cheesy builds and the absurd survivability those can get isn't the way to do this, unless you want the entirety of the playerbase to run the same few builds and stack hp nodes/gear exclusively, which is what GGG wants us to do apparently. Forcing everyone to stack hp+tri res rares in all slots is already bad enough, at least let us have builds.
Last edited by Raudram on Feb 19, 2016, 4:26:57 AM
Defences:
6200 life
10k armour
4k evasion
max rezists
granite active
evasion flask active
max fire rez active
16% spell dodge

Odds:
playing on a laptop which can barely support poe so running in circles...no can do...i feel like i`m cyclonyng on ice
dual boss yellow map without other noticeable mods
i used vaal cyclone

Result:
instant death

Conclusion:
Just passive defences wount do.
Simply don't play this map. You have no drop rate just like in act 4 and take a high risk of dieing. I completly avoid it.
not sure how i got into this thread, but sure when im already here i might share my experience :)

this boss was actually the most frustrading thing for me back when i started with this game, it riped my first charackter (back there in warbands) so many times...and i actually didnt wanted to go higher then t4 back then cause i thought thats gonna be even harder. (just for info, my first char was EK/CI/Crit- not very well builded when i think about it now but still wasnt that super bad...)

in talisman i did this boss several times tho without any issue, just keeped distance with vaal grace turned on while dodging spears and throwing some blast-rains on her when it was safe and killed her spawns with LA/chain. (build was evase/acro LA 5L / Blast Rain 6L- around 4k life back then)

i mean for certain builds or unexperienced players this boss can be super frustrading, but i honestly think its a doable boss overhal even for a t4 map, u just have to know how to do it and u have to be kinda patient and not expect to kill this boss in a few seconds like other bosses in this tier.

its the same as the graveyard boss...if u try to face her with no freeze immunity or anti freeze pot u gonna get recked when she hits u (and that will most likely happen) and thats more or less the same tier.

there are just bosses out there u have to be prepared before facing them and thats great. would be a pretty shitty game if u could just brainlessly facetank every boss.

and just comment the titel of this thread:

this boss DOESNT for sure hit harder then t15 bosses, the only thing thats really annoying about her is how frequently she can spam her spears sometimes, but they are dodgeable and they hit for maybe 1k each spear with capped light res...so not even close to t15 bosses where basicly anything will just oneshot u
Last edited by EDIPS7 on Feb 24, 2016, 5:13:12 AM
The problem is when you get hit by 2+ lightning lasers simultaneously.

A single laser dealt me something like 1200 hp which is by far bearable for anyone mapping (ofc with capped resists)

I don't know how can someone claim it "oneshots", maybe if you're melee range and eat all lasers at once (sorry melees), as ranged is impossible to get oneshotted unless you have 3k life and negative light res
"
Mahesys wrote:

A single laser dealt me something like 1200 hp which is by far bearable for anyone mapping (ofc with capped resists)

I don't know how can someone claim it "oneshots", maybe if you're melee range and eat all lasers at once (sorry melees), as ranged is impossible to get oneshotted unless you have 3k life and negative light res

Easy reply: lightning damage, so 1---1.000.000.000 damage :/ If she is lucky and hits with upper scale damage, to die is a moment
"
Wispo wrote:
"
Mahesys wrote:

Easy reply: lightning damage, so 1---1.000.000.000 damage :/ If she is lucky and hits with upper scale damage, to die is a moment

I strongly doubt that the max damage can be so high to oneshot anyone with decent HP and capped light res. I ran this map around 10 times and each time i get hit by this boss once or twice, never got hit for more than 2k

Maybe i was lucky all the times? i don't know
"
Mahesys wrote:

I strongly doubt that the max damage can be so high to oneshot anyone with decent HP and capped light res. I ran this map around 10 times and each time i get hit by this boss once or twice, never got hit for more than 2k

Maybe i was lucky all the times? i don't know

That bitch one time killed my 13k es witch (and, at the time, around 1.500es regen/sec) with topaz up for 3 times in a row. I don't know if they now have nerfed her, or is just my improved es regen that out shines her, but now she doesn't kill me anymore, but there are times in wich i see (without flask this time) my es going down of over 5k points in a single "spray" before regen even cures me. Stupid boss
Did Thraxia get nerfed hard or something? I just ran her in a blue map with spark totems and a golem, and the fight wasn't bad at all. One projectile did like 800 damage or whatnot, but since she shoots in a circle, it seems you have to try and get hit by multiple ones.

Did I just get very lucky?
"
*Phantasmagoria. And you're way late to the complaint train on that one. Pre act4 mob nerf that fucker was 1shotting people offscreen like no tomorrow. Now he's actually bearable to a degree.

Technically he wasn't oneshotting. And offscreen the projectiles should have spread out so far that you only get hit by one. He is terrible for melees though, as are rare revenants. Not sure why GGG removed shotgunning and brought it back in a barrage like style... yes the projectiles have a short delay after each other, but no humans aren't that fast.

For ranged character he is mostly fine, not that much more out of place as some other maps, but for Melees or other character fighting at very close range he is absolutely terrible, likely one of the hardest bosses actually in the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info