Okay why does the Phantasmogria boss hit harder then T15 bosses?

"
grepman wrote:
"
Wispo wrote:
I "smile", and "smile" a lot, when i read GET MORE DEFENCES.

I ripped, obviously from offscreen (the usual ggg's method of slowing players for buying time for the next expansion), with over 11k es the first time. With 11k es AND topaz up the second time

When Thraxia shoots not in "circle", but "in line" and you are hitted by more than 3-4 of those lightnings, you are fucked, so it's not even the case of acting like immense-culture teachers saying where others are failing

um, this is why people saying to get defenses because a large hit point pool is not really a defense.

if you just have phase acro, thraxia already has only a 25% chance to land 4 projectiles against you even if they all actually hit you (ie, if you cant manually dodge them)

also, sincerely doubt she one-shot you with topaz up in a map with no damage mods. I trust poedb numbers way more than I do anecdotal stories from a certain poster.

with topaz up her bolt is doing ~1k per hit, and ~1.3k per crit. you'd have to be hit by around 11 bolts, or 8 all crit bolts to die with 11k es

She shoots over 10 proj, i had 11k+ es with 1.3k es regen (ZO) and topaz. I think this is a really good defense, especially compared to those poor friends with only 4k life. But that boss is just stupid, like stupid are all the machine gun mobs (tentacle miscreations, sallazang, triskeriaki) for which ggg has the usual raging boner
"
Wispo wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
"
Wispo wrote:
I "smile", and "smile" a lot, when i read GET MORE DEFENCES.

I ripped, obviously from offscreen (the usual ggg's method of slowing players for buying time for the next expansion), with over 11k es the first time. With 11k es AND topaz up the second time

When Thraxia shoots not in "circle", but "in line" and you are hitted by more than 3-4 of those lightnings, you are fucked, so it's not even the case of acting like immense-culture teachers saying where others are failing

um, this is why people saying to get defenses because a large hit point pool is not really a defense.

if you just have phase acro, thraxia already has only a 25% chance to land 4 projectiles against you even if they all actually hit you (ie, if you cant manually dodge them)

also, sincerely doubt she one-shot you with topaz up in a map with no damage mods. I trust poedb numbers way more than I do anecdotal stories from a certain poster.

with topaz up her bolt is doing ~1k per hit, and ~1.3k per crit. you'd have to be hit by around 11 bolts, or 8 all crit bolts to die with 11k es

She shoots over 10 proj, i had 11k+ es with 1.3k es regen (ZO) and topaz. I think this is a really good defense, especially compared to those poor friends with only 4k life. But that boss is just stupid, like stupid are all the machine gun mobs (tentacle miscreations, sallazang, triskeriaki) for which ggg has the usual raging boner

hit point pools are poor defenses to be honest- because they dont mitigate or 'evade' damage- its basically how much you can take without dying. it will work for *some* but there will be times when you just will die because the incoming damage from many sources in short timespan will wreck you. thats the downside of a huge hit point pool. evasion will prevent this with attack entropy, phase acro will prevent this with spells, block as well, etc.

post 2.0 simply high pools wont save you long-term. especially with ES that cant pot...its still a glassy toon even with 20k es if you have no defenses.
"
grepman wrote:
So unless you have high doge as evasion
Rhoa as block, doge as evasion... what will it be for armor?
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
grepman wrote:

hit point pools are poor defenses to be honest- because they dont mitigate or 'evade' damage- its basically how much you can take without dying. it will work for *some* but there will be times when you just will die because the incoming damage from many sources in short timespan will wreck you. thats the downside of a huge hit point pool. evasion will prevent this with attack entropy, phase acro will prevent this with spells, block as well, etc.

post 2.0 simply high pools wont save you long-term. especially with ES that cant pot...its still a glassy toon even with 20k es if you have no defenses.

You consider glass defences a 86% (2 topaz flasks q20% + the +1% max lightning res from es node) lightning res? C mon....
Oh... new fairy tales by wispo. Finally... really missed your stories :>

The boss is just fine... the tier he spawns in is not... on the other hand, this game always had some wispo-traps and that's usually fine ^^
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
up

This crap needs to be rebalanced. She hits more than a beyond boss with a single projectile. Everything is reasonable about this boss except the crap damage she does with the projectiles.
"
kcstar wrote:
Oh... new fairy tales by wispo. Finally... really missed your stories :>

The boss is just fine... the tier he spawns in is not... on the other hand, this game always had some wispo-traps and that's usually fine ^^

Oh what a fine comician, why don't you go to an audition? Maybe the television will give you a job

If you doesn't believe me, this does not mean that i didn't rip 3 times against that "spider". As for your immense ignorance that makes you write paper-thin posts as this, i rememeber you that lightning doesn't need to go crit to do immense damage (thraxia shoots LIGHTNING): it is sufficient that electricity "hits" its upper scale, and you are fucked.

I repeat: with 86% res (=3rd death) i ripped exactly as the first 2 times (in wich i did't used topaz because didn't understand that was lightning) with 11es + 1,3k regen sec. This means that thraxia if has luck and hits you with the upper scale of her spell and with all/almost all projectiles, can do over 12k damage
"
demonstorm wrote:
up

This crap needs to be rebalanced. She hits more than a beyond boss with a single projectile. Everything is reasonable about this boss except the crap damage she does with the projectiles.

Now some "expert" will come and tell you that all is fine and that you invented all (a demonstorm trap, practically)
"
Wispo wrote:
Oh what a fine comician

What!? oO

"
Wispo wrote:
why don't you go to an audition?

Don't know... maybe there is no audition of interest?

"
Wispo wrote:
Maybe the television will give you a job

Afaik you are the one who is unemployed, at least that's what you said in an earlier thread 1 or 2 month ago. :>

"
Wispo wrote:
If you doesn't believe me

I enjoy your fairy tales but I don't trust any of your words :>

"
Wispo wrote:
this does not mean that i didn't rip 3 times against that "spider".

Glad you got that far based on your posts so far on this forum ^^ ... but yeah, I trust you if you say that you die... a lot :>

"
Wispo wrote:
As for your immense ignorance that makes you write paper-thin posts as this, i rememeber you that lightning doesn't need to go crit to do immense damage (thraxia shoots LIGHTNING): it is sufficient that electricity "hits" its upper scale, and you are fucked.

I repeat: with 86% res (=3rd death) i ripped exactly as the first 2 times (in wich i did't used topaz because didn't understand that was lightning) with 11es + 1,3k regen sec. This means that thraxia if has luck and hits you with the upper scale of her spell and with all/almost all projectiles, can do over 12k damage

You seem to be very (!) unlucky as it tends you always get the highest possible roll and sometimes... even more while I am still alive with half of your life pool. But in the end... it's just another wispo tale.
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
"
kcstar wrote:
"
Wispo wrote:
Oh what a fine comician

What!? oO

"
Wispo wrote:
why don't you go to an audition?

Don't know... maybe there is no audition of interest?

"
Wispo wrote:
Maybe the television will give you a job

Afaik you are the one who is unemployed, at least that's what you said in an earlier thread 1 or 2 month ago. :>

"
Wispo wrote:
If you doesn't believe me

I enjoy your fairy tales but I don't trust any of your words :>

"
Wispo wrote:
this does not mean that i didn't rip 3 times against that "spider".

Glad you got that far based on your posts so far on this forum ^^ ... but yeah, I trust you if you say that you die... a lot :>

"
Wispo wrote:
As for your immense ignorance that makes you write paper-thin posts as this, i rememeber you that lightning doesn't need to go crit to do immense damage (thraxia shoots LIGHTNING): it is sufficient that electricity "hits" its upper scale, and you are fucked.

You seem to be very (!) unlucky as it tends you always get the highest possible roll and sometimes... even more while I am still alive with half of your life pool. But in the end... it's just another wispo tale.

Found a job luckily, here my absence from the forum

As of you, you are in the same tragic mental state as i remembered you, so i gladly leave you in your self costructed convinction of being some one important, while it is the exact opposite ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info