Recent Community Questions Answered!

"
DjSall wrote:
"
Meridin wrote:
"
DjSall wrote:
My question is how is the life regeneration calculated with Bino's?

If you posion for 10,000 damage per second, then you will heal for 10,000 life per second.

And how do i know how much i poison for?
I have adders touch with phys dagger build.

Just look at your character sheet while killing stuff. Shows you your exact Liferegen including the buff from Bino's when its up - Overall poison damage is significantly higher, since poisons stack on targets, but you only gain your highest poison effect as life per second.
Does the "Increased Damage Over Time" Nodes, near the Iron Reflexes Keystone affect Righteous Fire?
"
Is it possible to use Item Rarity support gem with the Contagion + Essence Drain combo? If so, are you supposed to link it to Contagion or Essence Drain?

There is no way to decide which degeneration effect killed an enemy, so it picks the one that has been on the monster the longest. If an enemy is affected by Essence Drain, Contagion and Righteous Fire, it will pick whichever one was applied first and check the Rarity of that skill. In other words, if you want to link a degen skill with Item Rarity, ensure you use that skill first.

This is really really gay. What's the game design reason for not counting the highest rarity in the case of multiple degens?
sigfault
"
"
Some players have also found interesting utility from some of the modifiers they grant.

hrm...

Question:

Do the monsters gain every single attribute from the talisman equipped, or just the implicit ?

Can you give your summoned creatures talismans?
"
Hilldrake wrote:
Does Voltaxic Rift converts Traps also ? I mean, Shock Nova trap or even Lightning Trap ? Anything that means Lightning Damage is converted right ?
Yes

"
DjSall wrote:
And how do i know how much i poison for?
I have adders touch with phys dagger build.

Look at your tooltip. Add the physical and chaos together; divide by 10. Then increase that by any modifiers you have that affect poison damage (chaos, damage over time, poison). Or just look at your character sheet when you kill something.

"
Nivius wrote:
fireball -> converted to 100% chaos damage
link with poison.
have +300% fire/elemental/spell damage

the damage of poison will be 10%*2 the"on hit" damage if i DON'T count poison bonuses from the gem?

meaning. if i increase poison damaage by 100% it will now deal 20%*2. an effective damage increase of "20% 'more'" on total damage

am i correct?

if this is true, when applying poison to anything physical/chaos it is a theoraticl "more" multiplyer that is increased from the base "10%*2" by poison increases. and the "poison" part will also be increased by Damage over time and chaos increases.

EXAMPLE: ((10*2)+125% poison+75% dot+100% chaos =40*2 poison damage)

true or false?
True

"
Wormaction wrote:
Does the "Increased Damage Over Time" Nodes, near the Iron Reflexes Keystone affect Righteous Fire?
Yes

"
FarmerTed wrote:
Can you give your summoned creatures talismans?
No
"
MissApril wrote:
I'm never going to play a poison character lol

The more info given, the more confusing it becomes.

Thanks though.

Indeed! PoE is hard :(
Last edited by Therier on Dec 22, 2015, 12:51:59 PM
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
Therier wrote:
"
Sylverstarr wrote:
Not quite related to poison or talisman but can we get a gifting function for MTX? I wanted to gift my bro some winter boxes for christmas, but the only way to do so now is to log onto his account and buy them there. (That´ doesn´t really work for surprises....)

This! t would be fun to be able to buy something little for your PoE friends since xmas is coming.

GGG has made it clear in the past that they'll never do this. The reason is simple - it opens the game up to exploitation. People can charge others for "gifted" MTX. They can use said MTX to gain either real world money (the cost for others of buying the MTX 'fresh' imposes a cap on this and so prevents profiting per se, but it does allow you to offset the money you've paid to buy it) or, worse, in-game wealth (which will dramatically affect the economy - it basically means you'll be able to buy in-game wealth with real world money, which is something NO ONE in this game wants to see).

And there's no real way for them to prevent it. Sure, they could prevent stuff from being exchanged in the trade window when MTX's are 'gifted', but you could just get around that by 'gifting' them some currency/items back right after/before the MTX trade. Or dropping it on the ground. And when it comes to real world money, there's nothing they can do to prevent transactions since they'll happen outside of the game and/or website. It just creates a whole slew of issues, which is why they (and not just them, but many other games too) don't do it. The only games that allow such a thing are ones that have explicitly stated that they're open to players buying in-game stuff with real world money. And PoE is not among that group.

Good point. Even though I didnt mean that those could be tradeable. I just meant that at the moment when you purchase item you could decide do you want to buy it for yourself or for someone else. But yes. It still could be abused like you said.
[Removed by Support]
No, passives modify your damage, and the aura from the item is not being dealt by you. It is coming from the item.
Last edited by Rebekah_GGG on Dec 28, 2020, 8:21:36 PM
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
Turbodevil wrote:
Essence Drain + Poison question

Essence Drain tooltip says:
Modifiers to Spell Damage also apply to this skill's Damage Over Time

What is this skill's Damage Over Time?

If I support ED with Poison, is Poison damage also considered this skill's Damage Over Time and influenced by spell dmg modifiers?

No. Poison is a separate effect. Think about it - the Poison support gem doesn't change your Essence Drain skills' tooltip, does it? So then it isn't part of the skill. It's simply a separate effect that is being added on top of the skill along with it. You're essentially hitting mobs with two different effects - Essence Drain and Poison - via one delivery mechanism.

I believe this is wrong, according to the following post on Poison,

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
If Poison is linked to a Projectile attack does "increased projectile damage" also increase poison damage?

In this case, the Projectile Damage will also increase the Poison damage, meaning the bonus will apply twice if the poison is applied by a projectile.

modifiers to the Skill the Poison comes from affects the Poison. ie. Projectile Damage on a Projectile Skill that produces Poison would also increase the damage of the resultant Poison. The same holds true for Spell Damage [though it isn't affecting ED because of the stat on the Spell itself saying it affects DoT damage, but because Poison just gets affected by the modifiers on the skill that applies it.]
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Last edited by Sheriff_K on Dec 22, 2015, 1:32:18 PM
So if I have

200% increased chaos damage
100% increased DoT damage
Wither stacks giving 100% increased chaos damage taken
50% increased duration
Abyssal Cry linked to lvl 21 Void Manipulation (40% more chaos damage) and Poison

Abyssal Cry will do 8% mob hp * (1 + 2) * 1.4 * (1 + 1) = 67.2% mob hp
Which will then poison for 6.72% mob hp * (1 + 2 + 1) * 1.4 * (1 + 1) = 75.264% mob hp/s for 3s
For a total of ~293% of the mob's hp as damage.

Is this math correct?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info