Recent Community Questions Answered!

Poison, poison, poison.

I still happy with my ice shot an cyclone. KappaRoss
"
Meridin wrote:
"
Hilldrake wrote:
This seems very confusing. I'm afraid to add another question to this thread, but i can't help it:

1- What about Voltaxic Rift ? If I convert 100% of my Lightning Damage to Chaos Damage, will it scale with Increased Lightning Damage% AND Increased Chaos Damage% from the passive tree or gear, or will it be scaled only by Increased Chaos Damage% after the conversion ? Ignoring Increased Lightning Damage% ?

2- Also, if I link for example Lightning Arrow + Poison AND use a Voltaxic Rift, the Poison Damage will only be scaled by the Increased Chaos Damage from the tree accordingly the previous answered questions, right ? BUT, if my first question about Increased Lightning Damage + Increased Chaos Damage is true, shouldn't this ALSO increase the Poison Damage ? Since everything is Chaos Damage now ?

Thanks !

Poison does not scale with elemental damage modifiers, even of it is converted into chaos. Lightning modifiers will increase your chaos damage hits, but it will not apply to the DoT Poison like chaos modifiers would.

Say you hit for 500 base lightning damage (converted into chaos)

A) You have +100% Lightning Damage. You'll do (500 * 2 = 1000) chaos damage and then poison for 200 damage over 2 seconds. Total is 1200 Chaos damage.

B) You have +100% Chaos Damage. You'll do (500 * 2 = 1000) chaos damage and then poison for (200 * 2 = 400) damage over 2 seconds. Total is 1400 Chaos damage.

Chaos modifiers apply to both the Chaos Hit and the Chaos DoT.
Converted lightning modifiers apply to the Chaos Hit.

Hmm... I see. Thanks a lot for the reply ! That clarified me a bit. Does Voltaxic Rift converts Traps also ? I mean, Shock Nova trap or even Lightning Trap ? Anything that means Lightning Damage is converted right ?
Dream with me !
Wow, I'm surprised by how much I still had wrong. I thought for sure that Area damage would affect the resulting poison, for example. I also thought that converting ele damage to chaos would modify the resulting poison damage also. I can see why both of these cases are what they are now, but man, are they confusing. A few major points:

1) the "Four Damage Categories" thing is very unintuitive, especially how it interacts with similarly named things like "Projectile Damage."

2) What is and what is not a "Status ailment" has a huge amount of effect on the confusion, and I think when you name this sort of effect into a category it will happen. Something like a "Degen Effect"... but then there is the confusion with Ignite, which is not a "degen effect". Perhaps Ignite needs to be both a "degen effect" and an "Elemental Status effect?"

It's quite a tangled web to unweave, at this point. I'm not really sure how I'd go about doing it. Good luck.
"
Ok here is my first post !

Why any casual hype everithing and ggg nerf all builds to hell
Did you not realize if you dont want RMT that with those senseless nerfs you just provocate it ? Did you not realize it makes not fun to make plan by plan step by step a build and spend alot of Time to make a good build ? For example :

I played an dual totem build (Flametotems) spended so much time for finaly malachai Kill.
And what you do ? nerf it .. but why ?
Do any monster report ohhh op here op there ?
No they aint !
Its the pvp nerding what destroy any build...

Interesting post. It seems you play non-league which I personally dont because you talk about legacy items. I always play temporare leagues in HC. This means I currently play Talisman HC. It also seems you play pvp which I dont. I have never even tried pvp in this game because I dont believe its balanced or fun.

So you are saying that pvp isnt balanced because this game includes legacy items. If thats case you could try play this game in Talisman league and play pvp there. Because there are not legacy items in leagues.

In my opinion this game is most fun in temporare leagues like in Talisman league because of fresh start. I like HC because I like to see how far I can get without dying.

What about you?

This is all great information on the mechanics of poison, chaos damage and DOT.
Thanks for reaching out on these important questions!
"
Meridin wrote:
"
DjSall wrote:
My question is how is the life regeneration calculated with Bino's?

If you posion for 10,000 damage per second, then you will heal for 10,000 life per second.

And how do i know how much i poison for?
I have adders touch with phys dagger build.
DjSall's LL Tank Crit EK: 1568944
Youtube Channel: http://youtube.com/proksalevente
DjSall, the only one who can be poor on standard :))
fireball -> converted to 100% chaos damage
link with poison.
have +300% fire/elemental/spell damage

the damage of poison will be 10%*2 the"on hit" damage if i DON'T count poison bonuses from the gem?

meaning. if i increase poison damaage by 100% it will now deal 20%*2. an effective damage increase of "20% 'more'" on total damage

am i correct?

if this is true, when applying poison to anything physical/chaos it is a theoraticl "more" multiplyer that is increased from the base "10%*2" by poison increases. and the "poison" part will also be increased by Damage over time and chaos increases.

EXAMPLE: ((10*2)+125% poison+75% dot+100% chaos =40*2 poison damage)

true or false?
IGN: Nivius
Ty for scam <3
Last edited by Nivius on Dec 22, 2015, 9:00:16 AM
"
DjSall wrote:
"
Meridin wrote:
"
DjSall wrote:
My question is how is the life regeneration calculated with Bino's?

If you posion for 10,000 damage per second, then you will heal for 10,000 life per second.

use math
IGN: Nivius
Ty for scam <3
"
Nivius wrote:
"
DjSall wrote:

use math

LMAO!! Give this man a gold star. :D
Last edited by Exile009 on Dec 22, 2015, 9:32:15 AM
"This is particularly useful for the Rogue Exile challenge."

Odd. I remember feeding Ion Darkshroud a talisman, and killing him didn't count towards the challenge, so I stopped doing it :\

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info