Recent Community Questions Answered!

"
I am playing a 100% Fire to Chaos conversation character - will % Increased Fire apply to both the initial hit and to the Poison DoT? Will the poison DoT keep the fire damage tag from the conversion?

Poison is only Chaos Damage, and isn't modified by Fire Damage at all, even if it would be applied by Fire Damage or Chaos Damage converted to Fire Damage.

To me it looks as if you did not understand the question. Either that or I did not understand the answer. To me it looks like he/she asked if the the increase to fire damage would increase the poison effect if 100% of the fire damage is converted to chaos.

So something like this:
Character deals 100 base Fire Damage.(for example)
Character has 130% Increased Fire Damage.
100% of Fire Damage is converted to Chaos Damage.

So with 130% increase the character would deal 230 Fire Damage and 100% of it gets converted to Chaos = 230 Chaos Damage. Will the poison DoT deal 10, 23 or 52.9(with double dipping) damage per second? I assume 23 but your answer sounds to me as if it would only deal 10.

morbo wrote:
All this Q&A shows a clear "difficulty through obscurity" design, where it's not enough to read the in-game descriptions, but the player must know a plethora of counter-intuitive exceptions an under the hood quirks, that only a handful of developers truly understand -_-
Last edited by kornomanus on Dec 22, 2015, 3:37:55 PM
"
morbo wrote:

All this Q&A shows a clear "difficulty through obscurity" design, where it's not enough to read the in-game descriptions, but the player must know a plethora of counter-intuitive exceptions an under the hood quirks, that only a handful of developers truly understand -_-

/truth
"
Aziraphale wrote:
"
morbo wrote:

/truth

I second/third/unlimitedth this statement!
morbo wrote:
This Q&A was awesome. More in the future pls!
Wait, does Rapid Decay work with Poison?
It doesn't have a Duration tag but it is effected by Duration.
good to see you taking time for the community
How the hell are you gonna make area damage nodes not apply to contagion? That's soooo ridiculous. Its an AOE skill...that does dmg. How misleading can you possibly be.

Also contagion is already super under powered damage wise compared to skills like bladefall. Please rethink this. Contagion should absolutely be buffed by aoe dmg nodes. Its buffed by concentrated effect gem for example...sooo it doesnt make any sense.
Last edited by Eightfold on Dec 22, 2015, 7:07:35 PM
"
morbo wrote:
So, Contagion damage is not increased by area damage, even tho it has an AoE tag?

Amen...its absolutely bullshit that aoe nodes dont apply to contagion. I sent them a PM regarding this. It needs to be changed. Contagion is already under powered as is. If you refuse to fix it then at least give us a passive skill point reset. Why would we assume when a skill is titled "AOE" that the dmg from it wouldnt be affected by AOE damage nodes? Especially when the skill is affected by AOE damage gems. We can't read your minds. And your reasoning makes no sense.
Last edited by Eightfold on Dec 22, 2015, 7:33:58 PM
I would like to ask

If i receive 1000 fire dmg, have 75 all res have items:

50% of fire dmg converted to light dmg
50% of light dmg converted to fire dmg

How much dmg will i get here?
24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!
"
unlucky_child wrote:
I would like to ask

If i receive 1000 fire dmg, have 75 all res have items:

50% of fire dmg converted to light dmg
50% of light dmg converted to fire dmg

How much dmg will i get here?

Aside from the fact that you cannot have those two mods at the same time, given that (as far as I know) the only place they exist is on the Talisman and there can only be one of the same implicit, but if you DID have it, you'd take the same damage with or without those stats since your resists are the same, but I should think that you'd take ~187.5 Fire and ~62.5 Light Damage..
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info