Recent Community Questions Answered!

"
Sapherica wrote:
"
pneuma wrote:
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Does Rapid Decay with Righteous Fire work with the degen + duration tag?

It will not work with Righteous Fire, as Righteous Fire doesn't have a duration.

Note that it works with RF totems because Spell Totem carries the duration tag, but not RF by itself.

and searing bond

Hi there, just to post my original question about RF + spell totem.
I think Bex has answered, but apparently it works... bug?
Spoiler
http://imgur.com/4DRISPd

thx
Last edited by Farm4Fun on Dec 23, 2015, 8:46:31 AM
Poison is crap, stop wasting your time with it!
Path of Exile - RNG based hoarding simulator
My question is how is the life regeneration calculated with Bino's?
DjSall's LL Tank Crit EK: 1568944
Youtube Channel: http://youtube.com/proksalevente
DjSall, the only one who can be poor on standard :))
"
If I get Area Damage nodes, do these increase the damage of my contagion?

This should not be the case.

WTF, but "concentrated effect" gem works! Its the main dmg increase in fact:

pls don't nerf. pls don't nerf. pls don't nerf. pls don't nerf. pls don't nerf. pls don't nerf. pls don't nerf. pls don't nerf. pls don't nerf. pls don't nerf. pls don't nerf. pls don't nerf. pls don't nerf.

love the new skills, but pls, this man is right:
also:
"
morbo wrote:
So, Contagion damage is not increased by area damage, even tho it has an AoE tag?

All this Q&A shows a clear "difficulty through obscurity" design, where it's not enough to read the in-game descriptions, but the player must know a plethora of counter-intuitive exceptions an under the hood quirks, that only a handful of developers truly understand -_-
Last edited by PopeJo on Dec 22, 2015, 5:03:00 AM
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Why does Wither not increase the damage of Essence Drain DoT?

Wither increases the damage something takes, which is different to the damage the skills deal, and thus will not affect the life regeneration granted by Essence Drain. The Essence Drain effects continue to deal the same amount of damage regardless of Wither, so regeneration won't change, but the monster will take increased damage due to the effects of Wither making it more susceptible.

What? I'm totally confused. Do i understand this right? I use my essence drain on a monster, affected buy wither. The direct hit will do increased dmg, the DoT will do increased dmg, poison(if it can poison) will do increased dmg. Life regen from the DoT will regen, as if the mob is not affected buy wither.
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
There is no way to decide which degeneration effect killed an enemy, so it picks the one that has been on the monster the longest. If an enemy is affected by Essence Drain, Contagion and Righteous Fire, it will pick whichever one was applied first and check the Rarity of that skill. In other words, if you want to link a degen skill with Item Rarity, ensure you use that skill first.

I've got a problem here.
If i use Contagion on an enemy,than use Essence Drain on it.
It spreads Contagion with Essence Drain's debuff to other enemies when it dies, but which spell will be applied on those enemies first?

Now i have to link IR with both of them because i have no idea. :/
This seems very confusing. I'm afraid to add another question to this thread, but i can't help it:

1- What about Voltaxic Rift ? If I convert 100% of my Lightning Damage to Chaos Damage, will it scale with Increased Lightning Damage% AND Increased Chaos Damage% from the passive tree or gear, or will it be scaled only by Increased Chaos Damage% after the conversion ? Ignoring Increased Lightning Damage% ?

2- Also, if I link for example Lightning Arrow + Poison AND use a Voltaxic Rift, the Poison Damage will only be scaled by the Increased Chaos Damage from the tree accordingly the previous answered questions, right ? BUT, if my first question about Increased Lightning Damage + Increased Chaos Damage is true, shouldn't this ALSO increase the Poison Damage ? Since everything is Chaos Damage now ?

Thanks !
Dream with me !
Last edited by Hilldrake on Dec 22, 2015, 5:21:08 AM
"
Hilldrake wrote:
This seems very confusing. I'm afraid to add another question to this thread, but i can't help it:

1- What about Voltaxic Rift ? If I convert 100% of my Lightning Damage to Chaos Damage, will it scale with Increased Lightning Damage% AND Increased Chaos Damage% from the passive tree or gear, or will it be scaled only by Increased Chaos Damage% after the conversion ? Ignoring Increased Lightning Damage% ?

2- Also, if I link for example Lightning Arrow + Poison AND use a Voltaxic Rift, the Poison Damage will only be scaled by the Increased Chaos Damage from the tree accordingly the previous answered questions, right ? BUT, if my first question about Increased Lightning Damage + Increased Chaos Damage is true, shouldn't this ALSO increase the Poison Damage ? Since everything is Chaos Damage now ?

Thanks !

Poison does not scale with elemental damage modifiers, even of it is converted into chaos. Lightning modifiers will increase your chaos damage hits, but it will not apply to the DoT Poison like chaos modifiers would.

Say you hit for 500 base lightning damage (converted into chaos)

A) You have +100% Lightning Damage. You'll do (500 * 2 = 1000) chaos damage and then poison for 200 damage over 2 seconds. Total is 1200 Chaos damage.

B) You have +100% Chaos Damage. You'll do (500 * 2 = 1000) chaos damage and then poison for (200 * 2 = 400) damage over 2 seconds. Total is 1400 Chaos damage.

Chaos modifiers apply to both the Chaos Hit and the Chaos DoT.
Converted lightning modifiers apply to the Chaos Hit.
Last edited by Meridin on Dec 22, 2015, 5:59:04 AM
"
lillhill1 wrote:
Too many people have FPS drop problem. But we still waiting answer or fixed this problem. I have very good pc like R9 290 / Fx 8320 / 16gb ram. And i play this game like 10-25 fps when attacking huge monster pack. This best "Bad Optimized Online Game" i seen so far.

Yeah no answer. GG-G

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1317177/page/1
Last edited by lillhill1 on Dec 22, 2015, 5:59:36 AM
"
DjSall wrote:
My question is how is the life regeneration calculated with Bino's?

If you posion for 10,000 damage per second, then you will heal for 10,000 life per second.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info