[3.0] Legasi's Masterpiece - Trivialize Bossfights! Shaper Deathless! Boss Guides inside! HC

"
tripolarbear wrote:
Hey im leveling up so I can use this build and I was checking the tree out. I was wondering if I should still pick up the cast speed nodes right of the witch since we're cwc now

Yes, we still need a certain amound of cast speed to be able to reach 20 Wither stacks, and the stun avoidance is very good. On the other hand you are correct assuming it isn't that important anymore, you can leave that cluster until lvl 80ish.

"
Werynn wrote:
I'm levelling it pretty easily with firestorm until 38, then scorching ray CWC firestorm on a 3L lifesprig, it's really faster than selfcast. Following the standard tree, witch area then Templar, and coming for scion duration nodes.
Nice guide BTW, can't wait the endgame.
Answers about dual consuming dark Legasi ?

See ya boys

Dual CD simply isn't necessary. A few milliseconds faster faster bosskills just do not verify the loss of 2kish es and other defensive stats.
My Build Compendium: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1634158
Last edited by Legasi on Dec 10, 2016, 4:40:46 AM
I've been thinking about going Elementalist instead of Occultist. Do you think the damage gain would be too marginal in comparison to the defensive boost Occultist provides?
Last edited by Lailoske on Dec 10, 2016, 10:30:29 AM
"
Lailoske wrote:
I've been thinking about going Elementalist instead of Occultist. Do you think the damage gain would be too marginal in comparison to the defensive boost Occultist provides?

Pretty sure you'd acutally lose damage. Occultist has 10% inc chaos damage, -20% chaos res, 10% inc damage taken (all of these double dip) and 12% of ele as chaos, on top of the massive defensive boost. We're chilling enemies anyways and shock can be forced by vaal lightning trap. Feel free to try it yourself though!
Hey Legasi, are you sure the tree is updated? The changelog says:
removed quick recovery...got melding...
which is not reflected in the tree.
Also your thoughts on the reddit cwc tree posted by minimized?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBmrY5kTN1U
In some parts of the guide you talk about triple curse, then at the infernal mantle section you talk about only using discipline+AA to avoid the increased spell damage taken. I assume this is just because you've revised the build several time for different patches, but you might want to check that out.

I'm not really following the guide per se, but planning on doing wither CWC firestorm build with chaos conversion too. I was thinking about going with good vaal regalia and dual wielding consuming darks.

That way I still get 60% conversion and more whirling blades speed because of dual wield bonus (I consider mobility probably biggest downside of the build so this is big). Also it allows me to run discipline and two blashphemy curses and third one from glove corruption, so I get triple curses and discipline. It also leaves me with the possibility of swapping to infernal mantle for max damage for cheesing bossfights etc.

If I run low level wither I'm assuming mana cost isn't too intensive, so maybe level 4 enlighten and one-pointer 4% reduction in tree is enough? Or do I need to have elreon ring, mana regen or some other form of sustaining mana?

If sustaining mana turns out to be trivial, I guess dual wielding with infernal mantle and glove corruption would also make double curse with discipline an option while still staying above low mana with enlighten.

My tree with vaal pact would probably end up looking something like this at level 84. After that just re-evaluate and see what you need the most, shadow chaos dmg, jewels or ES. If double curse with infernal mantle ends up feeling better, I can just respec ascendancy from malediction to vile bastion.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAAPuDXwPqxEvEVAVfhXXFr8bJRzcHb4i9CSLJ6ko-io4fOUspiy_M4c0CjW5N2Y9X3gvSRNJUUmxS64YalJTUq9WSFZjV8k8KFxAXGtfag0fZ_xp2GwLbRl1nnaCfPCcvn6hf8aCx4RIhMWGrofLieCPGo9Gj_qQ1pEHenCTH5Mnl_SboZu1oS-cMqcIpyunm0GHpcS0DLTRtUi4k7tNu_y-isM6w21CesgMTm3K088V-ejQ0NfP2CTZW91f34rfsOZY6QLquutj6-7sGO-I8NVwu_fX-TdYBx1PEZaVLgceDkhd8isK

What do you think about that, or what exactly is your approach in 2.5 to curses, infernal mantle, shield etc? Can't really tell when guide has different parts contradicting each other. Since I haven't yet even tried CWC at high tier maps, maybe you or someone else reading has more insight if I'm even on the right track with my plan?
Last edited by chinz on Dec 11, 2016, 6:20:04 AM
New Build Guide up! Concept is similar to this (actually I got the cwc idea from playing the new build), still kinda different.The Plague Machine Gun

______

@chinz: Please do everyone a favour and read the damn guide before posting. I explained everything you're asking here. Tree looks good.

@aka: I'll look into it.
This version is well balanced and leaves room for error, while Minimized's goes all out on damage, which is unnecessary imo.
"
Legasi wrote:

@chinz: Please do everyone a favour and read the damn guide before posting. I explained everything you're asking here. Tree looks good.

I actually did read through it all, but I guess with gem section I was kinda going through with "yeah yeah this is all obvious" and didn't even realize that curses were linked to CWDT rather than blasphemy. I guess I'm just so used to blasphemy that even when I read otherwise my mind "auto-corrects" it to blasphemy. Sorry about that.
Hey there!

Got a small questions.

I'ma got a prob with firestorm.

Looking at youre screenshots and see pure chaos dmg and hude DPS on it, while my own "chaosstorm" got like 1,3k dps and a bunch of fire dmg inside.

Spoiler

Can you, please, check my witch? Maybe i'ma do something wrong or missed core thing =( Thanks!
Last edited by telega89 on Dec 11, 2016, 10:50:23 AM
"
telega89 wrote:
Hey there!

Got a small questions.

Looking at youre screenshots and see pure chaos dmg and hude DPS on it, while my own "chaosstorm" got like 1,3k dps and a bunch of fire dmg inside.

Can you, please, check my witch? Maybe i'ma do something wrong or missed core thing =( Thanks!

Your character looks fine! You have to keep in mind that the screenshots at the start of the guide were taken when it was still possible to achieve 100% conversion. For newer stats check the stats section. I'm also using a legacy CD. You're still missing 3 levels on your FS, another support gem, 37% chaos damage and 32% spell damage in your tree. You do not have the Ele Overload buff in your screenshot (I guess). Don't worry, your witch will turn out fine :)

Edit: You should get rid of the life flasks asap. Get a Sulphur and a Jade or Granite instead.
Last edited by Legasi on Dec 11, 2016, 12:30:01 PM
"
Legasi wrote:
"
telega89 wrote:
Hey there!

Got a small questions.

Your character looks fine! You have to keep in mind that the screenshots at the start of the guide were taken when it was still possible to achieve 100% conversion. For newer stats check the stats section. I'm also using a legacy CD. You're still missing 3 levels on your FS, another support gem, 37% chaos damage and 32% spell damage in your tree. You do not have the Ele Overload buff in your screenshot (I guess). Don't worry, your witch will turn out fine :)

Edit: You should get rid of the life flasks asap. Get a Sulphur and a Jade or Granite instead.

Thanks a lot, ima stop worrying =)

Now 6l IM farm begins!

P.S. Yea i know abour flask, dont have orbs for property rolls. Need to farm a bit. Thanks again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info