[3.0] Legasi's Masterpiece - Trivialize Bossfights! Shaper Deathless! Boss Guides inside! HC

"
Gyrator wrote:
Question 1:

If we are using Chayula for stun immunity, would it make sense to take the spell damage path to travel out of the Witch start area, instead of Practical Application? 1 skill point cost for 42% increase spell damage and -20 dex.

Question 2:

Which chaos damage wheel should we prioritize, Corruption or Atrophy?

Question 3:

Are there any modifications you would make to this build for hardcore? I am level 90 HC breach and loving the build (not using VP version), but more defense is always welcome.

Question 4:

Any thoughts on taking Scion jewel socket -> Intuitive Leap? The 0.7% life regen might be nice on hardcore. You can lose 3x nodes to make up for it (+10 strength, Curse Cast Speed, 10% curse duration) and come out with 0.7% life regen plus the ability to take 10% area damage and the 5% area size nodes. Could lose a second curse duration for +1 skill point, also. I guess it comes down to: is 0.7% life regen better than 5% curse effect? I'm having second thoughts on access to area size or area damage being worth.

Sure, but you could also connect between witch and shadow instead and put all those saved points elsewhere. You also won't need Nimbleness of you have over 5 cps with Wither anyways.

2. Atrophy.

3. Um can't think of anything. I already built for maximum tankyness. Have you tried playing with an aurabot? This build gets boosted massivley from those.

4. Eh what? I can't follow you here at all. You're mixing up stuff all over the tree. Please read up on how exactly IL works.

"
Anguskhan82 wrote:
hiya guys i am following the 97 curse overload build and using elemental overload in my build does it make my shield crit chance for spells pointless if so i can sell it and get different one thanks

It's not pointless, you get easier EO procs with more spellcrit. Critmulti on the other hand would have absolutely no use.
My Build Compendium: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1634158
Last edited by Legasi on Dec 14, 2016, 7:16:39 AM
Hello Legasi, I just wanna say Thank you mate!

Your build is amazing and Im having so much fun grinding the atlas with it. Currently at 1 Guardian down and waiting for the others to come. I have done Core deathless mutiple times, it s the first time that Im loving a build that much :)

SO, what can I change or improve in my gear?

I know that I will need firestorm 21/20 soon but the damage seems good to me atm and I will probably buy it when it appears on poe.trade.

Tha Marble amu really help a lot for tankiness?

Voila !

Im done troubling you, thank you again for that great build

Cya
Last edited by Whael on Dec 14, 2016, 9:00:57 AM
I have a question, what's the practical difference between this and the wither one?
IT seems that one is more dps and less ehp compared to this, what else?
"
Whael wrote:
Hello Legasi, I just wanna say Thank you mate!

Your build is amazing and Im having so much fun grinding the atlas with it. Currently at 1 Guardian down and waiting for the others to come. I have done Core deathless mutiple times, it s the first time that Im loving a build that much :)

SO, what can I change or improve in my gear?

I know that I will need firestorm 21/20 soon but the damage seems good to me atm and I will probably buy it when it appears on poe.trade.

Tha Marble amu really help a lot for tankiness?

Voila !

Im done troubling you, thank you again for that great build

Cya

Yo, I'm glad you're enjoying it that much!

Your gear is already very good, but if I had to nitpick:

- Yeah Marble amu is indeed awesome
- No boot enchant (get regen, leech and stun avoid are ok too)
- No leo stun avoid helmet mod
- No % es on rings
- If you use a lvl 3 Wither gem you won't need the Elreon ring
- FS 21 doesn't make that much of a difference
"
Legasi wrote:

4. Eh what? I can't follow you here at all. You're mixing up stuff all over the tree. Please read up on how exactly IL works.

Thanks for your help. This will make it clear: http://i.imgur.com/2D8xcYM.png

That is the exact same skill point cost as the listed build. It gains 0.7% life regen and loses 5% curse effect. With IL you have access to 10% increased area damage.
Last edited by Gyrator on Dec 14, 2016, 11:30:37 AM
"
Gyrator wrote:
"
Legasi wrote:

Thanks for your help. This will make it clear: http://i.imgur.com/2D8xcYM.png

That is the exact same skill point cost as the listed build. It gains 0.7% life regen and loses 5% curse effect. With IL you have access to 10% increased area damage.

Okay thats what I guessed you meant, but where are the curse duration and aoe nodes you're talking about?

If you do that I'd still pick up the 5% curse effect. Since I have taken that jewel socket anyways you're effectively trading a jewel socket for 2 skillpoints. Not really worth it imo. It maybe is if you also take the area damage. Do not take any additional radius nodes, those actually lower the single target dps! Still not sure where the curse duration you're talking about is.
Last edited by Legasi on Dec 14, 2016, 2:16:07 PM
"
Legasi wrote:

Thank you! Very helpful. I was very tired when I wrote that and must have wrote down the wrong thing. I just realized your 97 skilltree picks up that socket anyway, and what you say about the tradeoffs makes sense.
Last edited by Gyrator on Dec 15, 2016, 1:43:07 AM
Wow, this build is so crazy... I started leveling a witch in breach and I got her to level 76 and I managed to kill Uber Izaro WHILE he had max Izaro Charges... and I face tanked him too. O-O
Please reply to your whispers for items... Even if you are mapping, in a rotation, in uber lab, or if its sold. Thank you. :D
Working on PvP, that's what turned out.

Spoiler

You can check my gear in my profile.

Stats:
Spoiler

There's no hard battle with this build, sometimes you need just to use your brain instead of your hands. Thanks to Legasi for giving me some advices yesterday.

PvP battle report:

- Blade Flurry: It has a very fast attack speed and it stuns a lot, if they have lion's roar, they knockback you, stopping your wither cast and that's bad.

- Totems: They put themselves in corners, surrounded by long range totems, it's hard to get them, but totems go down fast, you have to predict their movements and create a breach through their totems to get them down too. There are a lot of totems, Scorching Ray, Arc, Ancestral Warchief, Flameblast, but they all have the same weakness. You may also swap your cwdt - enfeeble - tc setup for a spell totem curse setup.

- Flicker: I fought against a flicker player, it's hard to see them nowadays, just throw firestorm under your feet, use consacrated ground and basalt flask.

- Essence Drain: Chaos can't damage you, so...

#####Update#####
Spoiler

Last edited by edov93 on Dec 16, 2016, 3:23:42 PM
Great build, thanks a lot! Can I ask, I notice you mention using eye of chayula or item affixes that reduce stun, but on your main gear list I can't see either of these methods. Am I missing something?

I want to try the vaal pact version, can someone please post their gear so I can get an idea of a setup? What mechanisms would you use to leech life (noob here)? Are the flasks enough? Amulet with chaos leech? Thanks!
Last edited by SteveGash on Dec 16, 2016, 5:42:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info