[3.0] Legasi's Masterpiece - Trivialize Bossfights! Shaper Deathless! Boss Guides inside! HC

Hello,

Thx for awesome build. But I noticed the Cast While Channeling abit late.
But man, even with sub level10 CWC its so much better. With Level one quality wither it costs literaly no mana, so i can run arctic armor all the time.

I have a question
Breaches deal way too much damage and I need to spec out of ZO and get VP instead. How can you survive breaches without VP?

Thx.

Edit: The heck they changed the way the forum works, copying quotes over the place isnt possible anymore, it autoposts those, sorry for triple post :/
My Build Compendium: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1634158
Last edited by Legasi on Dec 8, 2016, 3:24:33 AM
argh -.-

Last edited by Legasi on Dec 8, 2016, 3:24:48 AM
"
wuzg00d wrote:
Hey, what do you think about "Scorching Ray" instead of Wither?

"
Wizly wrote:
I am using Scorching Ray instead of Wither, it looks more aesthetic for me. ) And Scorching ray can break barrels. )

??

Why would anyone ever consider SR better than Wither is beyond me. It has zero synergy with Chaosstorm, the supports actually link to it, increasing the mana cost massivley again, it doesn't provide any bonus damage or safety and you can't instantly reaim. You get exactly the same downsides as the selfcast version, in fact it's even weaker than selfcast.

"
sikat wrote:
Hello,

But man, even with sub level10 CWC its so much better. With Level one quality wither it costs literaly no mana, so i can run arctic armor all the time.

I have a question
Breaches deal way too much damage and I need to spec out of ZO and get VP instead. How can you survive breaches without VP?

Thx.

Uhh i'm gonna need more information to give advice here. Can you make your character tab public please?

What stage of the game are you talking about? Leveling? Dried Lake? X Tier maps? If you get rekt in breaches while leveling that's completely normal, I never died so much sub level 70 until now. Was hella fun. Keep in mind the build only really comes together around level 80. Until then you shouldn't do any respecs. Most propably your energy shield and damage is very low, so you can't reach the 20% leech cap yet what makes the ZO version so tanky.

Btw, you can increase the level of Wither to 3, the mana cost is still minimal.
Last edited by Legasi on Dec 8, 2016, 3:22:47 AM
Hello Legasi,

I made my char tab visible now. Its the char called poeyerineamazonsinavi. With VP tree I have 9.7k ES but most of my gear except dagger is either self found or cheaper than 3c. I also lack energy from within jewel for the gem slot between shadow and witch.

My tree before respecing to VP was just like the one you called The Curse Overlord.

Thx.

"
Legasi wrote:
"
wuzg00d wrote:

"
Wizly wrote:
I am using Scorching Ray instead of Wither, it looks more aesthetic for me. ) And Scorching ray can break barrels. )

??

Why would anyone ever consider SR better than Wither is beyond me. It has zero synergy with Chaosstorm, the supports actually link to it, increasing the mana cost massivley again, it doesn't provide any bonus damage or safety and you can't instantly reaim. You get exactly the same downsides as the selfcast version, in fact it's even weaker than selfcast.

"
sikat wrote:
Hello,

I have a question

Thx.

Uhh i'm gonna need more information to give advice here. Can you make your character tab public please?

What stage of the game are you talking about? Leveling? Dried Lake? X Tier maps? If you get rekt in breaches while leveling that's completely normal, I never died so much sub level 70 until now. Was hella fun. Keep in mind the build only really comes together around level 80. Until then you shouldn't do any respecs. Most propably your energy shield and damage is very low, so you can't reach the 20% leech cap yet what makes the ZO version so tanky.

Btw, you can increase the level of Wither to 3, the mana cost is still minimal.
Wither cwc will make the clearspeed slower since the firestorm doesn't fall instantly as you start casting wither, or am I wrong? I never really used cwc, only watched some people.

Isn't it better to run the wither on a totem for bosses and mini-bosses?

Now that you are using wither, isn't it better to get the cast speed from bandits?

Thanks for update!

Last edited by Tourage on Dec 8, 2016, 7:02:54 AM
Hi,
You are right, first firestorm lands .35 secs later. in 0.7 seconds you have 2 firestorms. But the thing is if u use echo, although you spend similar time landing 2 firestorms, you are locked in casting animation, and cant move. With channeling wither you move/whirl whenever you want. I think its a fair pay off. I don't think clean speed is slower because 1 stack of firestorm usually cleans normal packs.

Cast speed only affects your max number of wither stacks, which is capped at 20 and according to Legasi's calculations reachable with the build. The frequency of cast is not affected by cast speed.

"
Tourage wrote:
Wither cwc will make the clearspeed slower since the firestorm doesn't fall instantly as you start casting wither, or am I wrong? I never really used cwc, only watched some people.

Now that you are using wither, isn't it better to get the cast speed from bandits?

Thanks for update!

"
sikat wrote:
Hi,
You are right, first firestorm lands .35 secs later. in 0.7 seconds you have 2 firestorms. But the thing is if u use echo, although you spend similar time landing 2 firestorms, you are locked in casting animation, and cant move. With channeling wither you move/whirl whenever you want. I think its a fair pay off. I don't think clean speed is slower because 1 stack of firestorm usually cleans normal packs.

Cast speed only affects your max number of wither stacks, which is capped at 20 and according to Legasi's calculations reachable with the build. The frequency of cast is not affected by cast speed.

"
Tourage wrote:

Thanks for update!

You already sold me on the non-lock since there is no spell echo, that's lockdown is the biggest downside of the build imo.

But I was thinking here, why not run a Wither on totem? Seems more effective, and on main set-up a Blight + cwc + Firestorm, I didn't test yet but Blight may be Effective because the slow is great to keep mobs under firestorm aoe.. On bosses you can drop the Wither totem.
Last edited by Tourage on Dec 8, 2016, 11:07:36 AM
"
Legasi wrote:
"
wuzg00d wrote:

"
Wizly wrote:

??

I mean I just wanted your opinion on it since I am using Scorching Ray + CwC + Firestorm to level (with Lifesprig). I thought it was a pretty cool set-up, but I see your point.
@sikat: Yep it's most propably the lack of damage and thus leech as suspected. You're running just a 4link, selfcast might work better with just 3 supports, you gotta test it. You could also consider speccing out of some es nodes and into damage ones.

@tourage: - See sikat's answer and mine below.
- There simply isn't room for a Wither totem setup.
- Cast speed and skillpoint are about equal now imo, but I wanted to change as few things as possible so I decided to leave the bandits as they are

@sikat 2: Yep, exactly what I wanted to say. To expand on that, the Firestorm doesn't actually land later. When selfcasting, there is the character casting animation exactly as long as the cast time and then the rain actually starts. It just looks faster because with cwc you can actually see the purple cirle effect appear first before the storm starts, and thus think it's slower, while it acutally isn't (storm delay is still shorter). And again, Echo makes you cast twice so the total cast time is around 0.8_ sec selfcast while cwc is around 0.3_, which is actually a lot faster.

@tourage 2: Blight is just horrible. Tiny AoE and neglegctable damage. But feel free to test it yourself^^
Again, no room for Wither totem.

@wuz: Sorry if I sounded a bit harsh, I just hate it when people don't think stuff through. Yeah for leveling (while the build is still full fire) that might be a very interesting idea. Please let me know if it feels better/is stronger than selfcast! But for endgame you should definitely switch to Wither.

______

Generally, this build is very flexible on the choice of channeled skill. Which is a good thing, because if you get bored you can just swap gems around and get a completely different feel!

Wither: Definitely the strongest, but also a bit boring
Flameblast: Could be interesting, but cast speed is a bit low. Higher mana cost!
Incinerate: Low proj and cast speed, but fun. Should be interesting with Dying Sun. Higher mana cost!
Blight: Horrible AoE and damage
Scorching Ray: Doesn't fit in very well. Higher mana cost!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info