[3.0] Legasi's Masterpiece - Trivialize Bossfights! Shaper Deathless! Boss Guides inside! HC

"
duso94 wrote:
heey, i have bought this gear

and this is my tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAAPuBx4NHw5IES0RLxFQEZYVfhXXFvMYVhpsGyUc3B1PHb4fxyL0Jogo-isKK3gsnCy_LYsvnTOHNbk8BTwoPV9Bh0J6RZ1JUUuuTm1SU1NSVkhWY1fiXEBd8l9qaHRo8mwLbRl1nnpwfEt8g3zwf8aCm4LHhq6Hy48aj_qRB5MnlS6WdJf0mjua4JwynL6drp_foS-lxKcIpyunm7VItoa3MLiTu_y-isBmzxXQ0NWm2CTZW9pi34rkIuha6QLrY-vu7BjtIO0873zw1ffB-eg=

and i know im lvl 77 but i have problems with killing Atziri (normal) used all my portals. Can you please help me out?

- Did you read the Atziri guide?

- You're running 3 curses even though your limit is 2

- Your Immortal Call is a level too high, it won't get triggered at all like that

- I hope you don't have that Clarity turned on all the time

My Build Compendium: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1634158
Last edited by Legasi on Nov 24, 2016, 8:13:28 AM
Plan to run this build again for my starter this league. I ended up using a bow last leagle so I could use so strike quiver. Since there are alot of interesting fire based bows and essences will remain (rage plus 2 to fire gem with 1 all gems craft later on) might do this again and go full fire instead of the 45 chaos conversion. Any thoughts on this or input on a full fire version
"
stephenp1983 wrote:
Plan to run this build again for my starter this league. I ended up using a bow last leagle so I could use so strike quiver. Since there are alot of interesting fire based bows and essences will remain (rage plus 2 to fire gem with 1 all gems craft later on) might do this again and go full fire instead of the 45 chaos conversion. Any thoughts on this or input on a full fire version

Sure you can, but it kinda defeats the purpose of the build. This one is recovery based (leech+regen+recharge) and designed for facetanking. The reason soul stike is used for builds like ED or CA is that you can't leech, thus focusing more on the recharge aspect, while kiting around to wait for it to begin. But that simply isn't necessary here.
You can go full fire, sure, but I'd recommend using a Doryanis Catalyst or similar as weapon in that case.

Edit: I just remembered that there is a fire based no leech spell: Scorching Ray :/
So if you are planning to play that it would actually make sense...
Last edited by Legasi on Nov 29, 2016, 5:01:58 AM
I did switch to ED last league, but didn't think about the leech being the primary reason for soul strike. It makes sense though since you can't leech for the dot of Ed which is the primary damage dealer. That's very helpful I'll just stick with the consuming dark since I can leech with fs
Hi Legasi, I have some noob questions

I was looking for a tanky essence drain build but ended up finding your chaosstorm one which I liked alot. Just some questions... Is the leech from warlords mark reliable enough?

And a the MAIN THING that I wanted to ask is... Since I didn't find a tanky ED build, I wanted to know if you have an ED build or recommend one that has survivabily like yours. I would rather play ED since it has less lag, but if I don't find a consistent one I'll roll your firestorm

*Edit: I got told that this build was nerfed because in the past the converted DoT used to double dip and it doesn't anymore. Even after the nerf is it still strong? Also what's the advantage of converting 45% fire damage to chaos besides avoid reflect? Isn't it better to run 2x Fiend Dagger to increase the poison damage?

**Edit 2: Isn't it better to get Fire/Elemental nodes instead of Chaos nodes? The Chaos nodes will affect only the 45% converted chaos damage while Fire/Elemental will affect both the 45% chaos and 55% fire.

Thanks for the good guide.
Last edited by Tourage on Nov 30, 2016, 4:43:01 AM
"
Tourage wrote:
Hi Legasi, I have some noob questions

I was looking for a tanky essence drain build but ended up finding your chaosstorm one which I liked alot. Just some questions... Is the leech from warlords mark reliable enough?

And a the MAIN THING that I wanted to ask is... Since I didn't find a tanky ED build, I wanted to know if you have an ED build or recommend one that has survivabily like yours. I would rather play ED since it has less lag, but if I don't find a consistent one I'll roll your firestorm

*Edit: I got told that this build was nerfed because in the past the converted DoT used to double dip and it doesn't anymore. Even after the nerf is it still strong? Also what's the advantage of converting 45% fire damage to chaos besides avoid reflect? Isn't it better to run 2x Fiend Dagger to increase the poison damage?

**Edit 2: Isn't it better to get Fire/Elemental nodes instead of Chaos nodes? The Chaos nodes will affect only the 45% converted chaos damage while Fire/Elemental will affect both the 45% chaos and 55% fire.

Thanks for the good guide.

Yes the WM leech is reliable, and if you need more just pop your Atziri's Promise.

That's quite funny, I was planning on playing a selfmade ED Occultist in breach, very similar to this. I don't know how it will turn out exactly, I'll decide on the go. I haven't looked at other ED guides, but I'd say it's close to impossible to build squishy CI Occultists (if you know what you're doing). The High ES pool combined with Wicked Ward coupled with Dual or Tri def curse and some manual kiting should provide high survivability, especially if you utilize Soul Strike or Cygil's crank on top. Mayble I'll even run Grace too for some nice layered defence. Dunno yet.

No idea how you got that information but double dipping mechanics have not been changed in 2.5. So Chaos nodes are still better because of the double dipping.

The advantage of Chaos conversion is the ability to poison and no need for a penetration gem. The survivability of a shield is better than a 2nd dagger.
"
Tourage wrote:

I think the problem with ED in comparison is that you can't leech. You use ED and run, so it's not reasonable to stand in the monsters and tank.

"
Tourage wrote:

I didn't heard about a double dip nerf to DoT in general, it was only for traps and mines where the multipliers of the support gems doesn't affect DoT. But correct me if I'm wrong. This build uses Poison and that scales only with physical and chaos damage, that's why the poison wouldn't do any damage if the fire damage wouldn't be converted. Additionaly only your chaos damage can poison anyways, when you have a look at The Consuming Dark. You can of course use two The Consuming Dark, but then you are way less tanky, because of less block and energy shield. Your damage would be higher.

"
Tourage wrote:

Because of the double dipping chaos damage is better, because it increases the chaos hit from Firestorm and the damage of the poison on the enemy.

But most of your questions are answered in the guide, you should read it before asking questions.
Hi, Are there any videos of this build? ty!
"
Maumas wrote:
Hi, Are there any videos of this build? ty!

I can't record anything because I'm playing on a potato, sorry :/

There are some very old videos from others, but I decided to remove them because there have been some changes to the build.

Feel free to record some tho! That applies to everyone reading this! ;)
Here's the tree I ran last league for ed after I converted from firestorm. I ended up with around 10 to 11k es with a 650 es vaal reg and average gear. Very tanks as well due to wicked ward

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAAMeBAcNfA5IEHsRLxFQEZYTbRQJFX4V1xhqGYoajxslHU8d2R9BIuoi9CaIKlMrCiy_Nbk6WEJ6Q1RJE0lRSbFLrkyzTm1SU1KvVcZWY1gHXEBca13yXypiWmf8adhsC20ZbWxwu3WedoJ4L3pwfOV88H6hf8aD24RIhMWGrofLiEKJ4I_6kQeTH5MnlwaXlZf0m6GbtZwyoS-lxKcrp5usmLJwtAy1SLcwu027_L46vorBxcM6w23EosgMytPPFdAf18_ZW9sa3V_fit-Y5ljndOjW6QLquutj6-TsGO-I7-vw1fRx9tr31_k3-wk=

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info