[2.5] The Plague Machine Gun. We need moar dots! WIP

An unusual approach to Essence Drain.

The idea is to use Wither - Cast when Channeling - Essence Drain to fire out lots of ED projectiles and have those poison via Consuming Dark. Wither increases all chaos damage taken, so the ED dot, ED hit and ED poison are all boosted massively.
Profane bloom's poisoning explosions also accelerate the clearspeed, resulting in awesome chain reactions.
It's way more fun to play than play than oldschool ED and has multiple times better single target.

I'm also using a 4l Vaal Detonate Dead (Consuming Dark!) setup to speed bossfights even further and create breathing room in breaches when necessary.

Currently running a 4l, lvl 18 gems and self found gear, and it works like a breeze.

Planned Gem Setup: Wither - CWC - ED - VM [- SP - Pierce (maybe CD)]

Current Tree lvl 80

Planned Tree

A version that connects north of the witch and gets ZO via Sorrow of the Divine or even Skin of the Lords should also be investigated.

Gear

Only necessary item is the Consuming Dark (~10c)

Unique items to consider: Breath of the Council, Witchfire Brew, Dying Sun, Voidwalkers, Heretic's Veil, Skin of the Lords
My Build Compendium: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1634158
Last edited by Legasi on Dec 26, 2016, 6:41:42 AM
Last bumped on Dec 26, 2016, 6:41:12 AM
Need video to understand what can this build do. I use your's firestorm tricurse build which tree is similar to this, but firestorm soooo laggggy then I play in party with friends. So i really want something to respec in, but really dont want to begin new character.
So, please, if you can - make a little video with this build.
And can it kill t16-Shaper?
Looks very nice and interesting. But for tree maybe you should pick something like usual ED tree, this for example:
www.poeurl.com/Vbg
more chaos dmg for ED and poison, more reservation nodes, so you can use dual blasphemy + disc
If you like witch flask nodes, you can drop charisma claster and use 1 blasph with Disc and AA or clarity
Last edited by DenzelWash42 on Dec 11, 2016, 4:38:09 PM
"
DenzelWash42 wrote:
Looks very nice and interesting. But for tree maybe you should pick something like usual ED tree, this for example:
www.poeurl.com/Vbg
more chaos dmg for ED and poison, more reservation nodes, so you can use dual blasphemy + disc
If you like witch flask nodes, you can drop charisma claster and use 1 blasph with Disc and AA or clarity

The twist with this version is that it basically costs close to no mana. Or none at all with an Elreon Ring. With just 4% mana reserved and a lvl 2 Enlighten I can run dual blasphemy and Discipline! Clarity is not necessary.Aura Calculator

Why did you pick up the witch aoe nodes? Just for Contagion?

I'm not sure yet how the final tree looks like, if I want more damage I can also grab the shadow start nodes.
My Build Compendium: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1634158
"
Legasi wrote:
The twist with this version is that it basically costs close to no mana. Or none at all with an Elreon Ring. With just 4% mana reserved and a lvl 2 Enlighten I can run dual blasphemy and Discipline! Clarity is not necessary.Aura Calculator

Why did you pick up the witch aoe nodes? Just for Contagion?

I'm not sure yet how the final tree looks like, if I want more damage I can also grab the shadow start nodes.

Oh, Enlighten, just forgot about it... With 98% reserved and 800 manapool you have only 16 mana unreserved, is that enough for other skills (WB, Contagion, Flame Dash)?

AoE nodes greatly improves contagion. Didn't now how often contagion is used in CWC playstyle, if not so often, AoE nodes can be dropped

All in all, reservation and AoE nodes is just QoL
Last edited by DenzelWash42 on Dec 11, 2016, 9:23:14 PM
Considering trying this out myself, how's the leveling with it and what Bandits to take?
Interesting build... However Consuming Dark isn't really necessary. It's just "the icing on the cake." You could still do well with a crafted rare spell damage dagger, seeing that it's a classic ED/C with a CwC/Wither twist.
"
Necrophytis wrote:
Interesting build... However Consuming Dark isn't really necessary. It's just "the icing on the cake." You could still do well with a crafted rare spell damage dagger, seeing that it's a classic ED/C with a CwC/Wither twist.

I figure the Poison damage from Consuming Dark still scales similarly to ED/C though right? Probably not as strong, but just an extra layer of damage.
I like the idea of your build but I think you should drop consuming dark and the shield and dual wield Singularity's instead. Singularity has a buff that grants 60-80% increased damage against hindered enemies, and the enemies will always be hindered because you're casting wither on them, right? Singularity also gives a fair chunk of cast speed and mana cost reduction.

Interesting idea, wouldn't mind seeing a little video just to see how it plays :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info