[2.1 Video Guide] Dual Elemental Siege Ballista Build 2x 40k+ DPS [HC/SC & Atziri Viable]

Currently playing this build on the Hardcore Talisman league and it is going fantastically.
I decided to run the build after i dropped a drillneck on my magic find character ( yes i know that was a lucky drop )
I decided to level using siege ballista's from lvl 36 because of the the drillneck and it went very well.

Currently level 76

3843 hp

Gmp siege ballista damage without frenzy charges = 8597
with frenzy charges = 10865
with frenzy charges and vaal haste = 12835

Single target ballista damage without frenzy charges = 11759
with frenzy charges = 14765
with frenzy charges and vaal haste = 17442

And i still feel like there is room for my damage to grow as i still have damage nodes to pick up on the tree and my bow is currently 227 elemental dps which could be improved.

I was also thinking about grabbing the leadership aura cluster and socketing a Conqueror's Efficiency Jewel to be able to run herald of thunder as i have the right coloring on my alpha's howl.

Passive Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAF4DlgSzCGcNzQ-rEMwWbxa_Fy8YPBhWGYoZjho4Go8cziSLJJ0mlScvK1AyiTrYOuE7KDwtQYdN41VLVdZX4ljlWfNaK1-wYENh4mJaZOdmnm49b55yD3Kpd-V7IHzZfXV99YCkgpuDCYPMhMWMNpBVkzqWdJcGm7WiAKPyplesqq-ntoa3Pr0nwxPDOsQVxKLE9sauykrTfti935jhc-Nq7SDtg_Af8kX22vcy-JP56PrS-wn-Cv5U_of-j_66?accountName=Yatunic&characterName=Siege_Ballista_Build

My Gear
Spoiler

How are people getting 30-40k tooltip damage on this build? I'm 81 with a 320 eDPS thicket bow (1.64APS; one of the highest for sale on the server) and 5L/5L L18 gems and pretty good gear. Granted I'm only using 2 jewels (one Static Electricity and another Totem Damage, etc) is the damage deficiency the jewels? Oh and I have Drillneck.

But I'm only at 15.8k DPS buffed (Anger, Wrath, 4 frenzy charges).

What am I missing?
All that and a bag of chips!
Level 77 here with this build atm.

14k(each) GMP totems.

I am using Vaal Burning arrow traps for single target instead of totems, since you can still use traps for damage. I find that when I need to "assassinate" a hard rare or boss, it easy because I can choose the target ans also I don't have to re-cast my single target totems.

My Gear
Spoiler

I am about to work either an alphas howl (and the also run herald of thunder) or a drillneck. I won't be able to add both and still cap resistances.

Which is better dps upgrade? Alpha's (30-40c) or Drillneck (1exa+)?
"
Mooginator wrote:
How are people getting 30-40k tooltip damage on this build? I'm 81 with a 320 eDPS thicket bow (1.64APS; one of the highest for sale on the server) and 5L/5L L18 gems and pretty good gear. Granted I'm only using 2 jewels (one Static Electricity and another Totem Damage, etc) is the damage deficiency the jewels? Oh and I have Drillneck.

What am I missing?
Hey I saw you sent me a PM, I was waiting for Ballista gem and supports to get to lv20 to post another update, but I guess I'll do it now.

This is my current gear:

Jewels:

Jewels are REALLY important, a bit expensive but really worth it.

Siege Ballista-GMP-WED-Added Lightning-Faster Attacks-Slower Projectiles tooltip DPS:

Siege Ballista-Added Cold-WED-Added Lightning-Faster Attacks-Slower Projectiles Single target tooltip DPS:

I'm lvl 87 atm, going to try atziri tonight, will probably fail since I suck with trio lol.
Any questions feel free to whisper me ingame on SiegeBallsista or here on the thread!

I hope LiftingNerdBro doesn't mind!
Atziri down! Will get a 2nd vaal haste to make things a bit easier next time..
Really having a good time with this build! I just reached the point where I've switched to Ballista's. I am very impressed AS ALWAYS with your attention to detail in the skill tree with regard to making sure that a player will have the ability to be tanky while dealing adequate damage throughout the leveling progression.

I can't wait to see how the damage scales and my character really takes off. Thanks to those that have posted showcasing their gear with this build and their ability to kill Atziri. It helps those of us that are still in the earlier stages of leveling.

Really appreciate all you do Lifting! If it wasn't for your builds with well-written guides and awesome videos I don't know what I would play.

Consider me your #1 fan.
"
Ishamz wrote:
"
Mooginator wrote:

What am I missing?
Hey I saw you sent me a PM, I was waiting for Ballista gem and supports to get to lv20 to post another update, but I guess I'll do it now.

This is my current gear:

Jewels:

Hey Ishamz, can u check my gear? My damage range is just around 26kish vs ur 48k...
My character is lvl 83. I'm just confused at the huge dmg disparity.

Last edited by Shogen on Dec 23, 2015, 5:28:50 PM
The thing is your in Softcore Talisman....

Thast why damage is high and your wearing a Tabula...i wouldnt see a Tabula in high maps lol... im lvl 78 and reaching the 40k single target and 30k gmp into a 5 link ... i need to buy more ele dmg oin rings n such... really loving it... going to dried lake and just running around like vaal spark dropping totems, awesome clear speed.

"
Ishamz wrote:
"
Mooginator wrote:

What am I missing?

This is my current gear:

Jewels:

Siege Ballista-GMP-WED-Added Lightning-Faster Attacks-Slower Projectiles tooltip DPS:

Siege Ballista-Added Cold-WED-Added Lightning-Faster Attacks-Slower Projectiles Single target tooltip DPS:

I'm lvl 87 atm, going to try atziri tonight, will probably fail since I suck with trio lol.
Any questions feel free to whisper me ingame on SiegeBallsista or here on the thread!

I hope LiftingNerdBro doesn't mind!
"
Yatunic wrote:

I was also thinking about grabbing the leadership aura cluster and socketing a Conqueror's Efficiency Jewel to be able to run herald of thunder as i have the right coloring on my alpha's howl.

dont run herald of thunder, while you do get the base damage, you dont get the procs.
Last edited by Casia on Dec 23, 2015, 5:41:18 PM
"
thyraa wrote:
The thing is your in Softcore Talisman....

Thast why damage is high and your wearing a Tabula...i wouldnt see a Tabula in high maps lol... im lvl 78 and reaching the 40k single target and 30k gmp into a 5 link ... i need to buy more ele dmg oin rings n such... really loving it... going to dried lake and just running around like vaal spark dropping totems, awesome clear speed.

Yeah I never said I was in Hardcore or anything, the guy that asked about my gear is in Talisman Softcore too.

I'm doing T12 maps without problems with a tabula, might get a 5L coil or something like that for T13/14/15 maps tho, if I decide to take it that far.

"
Shogen wrote:

Hey Ishamz, can u check my gear? My damage range is just around 26kish vs ur 48k...
My character is lvl 83. I'm just confused at the huge dmg disparity.

Damn that's a nice bow, Im jealous.

Slower proj gems is only lv14 and no quality, that will give you a couple extra k's of dps.
Aim for 33% and higher on your rings, and flat lightning, the gold ring has nice flat ele.
Try to get 33%+ on your belt too!
I also have flat lightning on gloves but I don't think thats a big difference since you have 16% ASPD compared to my 12%.

Now for your jewels, the Bramble Glisten one is useless try to get one with attack speed with bows + totem damage + projectile damage. Actually, try to get those 3 mods on all your jewels, it helps a lot, there aren't many in the market but try to get some. The Hypnotic Stone one is great!

You will have better dps than me when you upgrade that and get your gems to 20, that's a sick bow you have there.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info