[2.1 Video Guide] Dual Elemental Siege Ballista Build 2x 40k+ DPS [HC/SC & Atziri Viable]

i just swapped GMP for rain of splinters jewel and replaced gmp with added chaos dmg and it tripled my kill speed hmmmmmmmmmmm
Last edited by Dextera on Dec 25, 2015, 1:47:22 PM
"
Casia wrote:
"
Snorthorne wrote:
What about Totemic Zeal or Berserking off the life wheel?

BOTH! honestly, checking liftings build, its surprising he doesn't have both of those. drop a few of the evasion/life in ranger, or last few shadow for them.. Sentinal gives +24% eva/armor.

This is my dual curse variant.
Passive skill tree build

Like how Ishamz mentioned Shogen's Bramble glisten jewel is his weak link, attackspeed is key for Seige ballista.

I was previously running a build like this. Trying to get those other totems nodes for example. big mistake.
Passive skill tree build

those 6 point swaps. the totem nodes by blood magic.(ironwood) 40str, 28% damage, 5% attack speed.

vs, totemic zeal, and berserking. 20str, 18% attack speed, 13% totem attack speed, +40% duration.
the issue is of course when you add things up. my gear is not great.. but still.

you can get +damage everywhere, those few sources of +attack speed are much more important.
and really, even blue +attack speed jewels will be large dps increases.

Edit. in fact, im going to ditch shamanistic fury asap. 7 points for +48% damage. not worth it. I could go 5 point in ranger starter for 58% proj, and 4% attack. both would aid mirror/blink arrow, not just sb. or more life, etc. or, the AS nodes there instead.
Passive skill tree build

I like that dual curse idea. Might try it when I save up some regrets and get a 5 link. Are you still applying curse via CoH/frenzy/gmp?
"
Snorthorne wrote:
"
Casia wrote:
"
Snorthorne wrote:
What about Totemic Zeal or Berserking off the life wheel?

BOTH! honestly, checking liftings build, its surprising he doesn't have both of those. drop a few of the evasion/life in ranger, or last few shadow for them.. Sentinal gives +24% eva/armor.

This is my dual curse variant.
Passive skill tree build

Like how Ishamz mentioned Shogen's Bramble glisten jewel is his weak link, attackspeed is key for Seige ballista.

I was previously running a build like this. Trying to get those other totems nodes for example. big mistake.
Passive skill tree build

those 6 point swaps. the totem nodes by blood magic.(ironwood) 40str, 28% damage, 5% attack speed.

vs, totemic zeal, and berserking. 20str, 18% attack speed, 13% totem attack speed, +40% duration.
the issue is of course when you add things up. my gear is not great.. but still.

you can get +damage everywhere, those few sources of +attack speed are much more important.
and really, even blue +attack speed jewels will be large dps increases.

Edit. in fact, im going to ditch shamanistic fury asap. 7 points for +48% damage. not worth it. I could go 5 point in ranger starter for 58% proj, and 4% attack. both would aid mirror/blink arrow, not just sb. or more life, etc. or, the AS nodes there instead.
Passive skill tree build

I like that dual curse idea. Might try it when I save up some regrets and get a 5 link. Are you still applying curse via CoH/frenzy/gmp?

Totemic Zeal and Sentinel are great, but imo not point efficient. These points are better used on jewel sockets for more attack speed etc. A single jewel can provide 12% increased attack speed with the right affixes.
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Apologies for the noobish question, but how much does Night's Hold generally run? I'm more of a PoE noob (haven't played in a while) and am looking to get back into the game with this build, levelling via Flame Totem. No idea how hard NH is to find.

Started fresh in Talisman league since I hadn't played through all of Standard in the past anyway.

"
Zhain wrote:
Apologies for the noobish question, but how much does Night's Hold generally run? I'm more of a PoE noob (haven't played in a while) and am looking to get back into the game with this build, levelling via Flame Totem. No idea how hard NH is to find.

Started fresh in Talisman league since I hadn't played through all of Standard in the past anyway.

red socket night hold talisman is 2c last time i checked, maybe cheaper by now.

just put the flame totem in there and go for ancestral bond as soon as u can which lets u use 2 totems at the same time. that got me up to lv58 merc act 3 where i started using ballista
I'm thinking of maybe trying this build. I have a question though. Can someone please tell how reflect works with siege ballista? Does the reflect damage hit the ballista only or also impact the player or?

Thank you!
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
I'm thinking of maybe trying this build. I have a question though. Can someone please tell how reflect works with siege ballista? Does the reflect damage hit the ballista only or also impact the player or?

Thank you!
Only the totems, not the player.

Ele reflect maps are REALLY annoying.
"
Ishamz wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

Thank you!
Only the totems, not the player.

Ele reflect maps are REALLY annoying.

That makes sense. I guess the totems die after one or two shots. That would be annoying. I played a spark totem and it was similar although since the sparks travel randomly they would produce more sparks before dying, especially if I placed them further away, so probably wouldn't die as quickly as the ballistas. Plus the sparks would continue traveling around doing damage after the totem was gone. Thank you much!
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Hey LNB, had about two questions for your build:

1) What's your tooltip dps? I know its not much but since I'm also playing Siege Ballista (phys) and you're the only successful Siege build I've heard of so far, I need to know what a good benchmark is.

2) Do you think Siege Ballista crit would be worthwhile without sacrificing too much Defenses for you and your totem?
"
Dextera wrote:
i am using these i have a ways to go my tool tip is 10k single 7190 for aoe i need jewels badly and i think i need to fix my tree i took some placement speed and duration nodes but need to regret those

I kind of don't understand how you have 10k single target with that. What level are you?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info