[2.1 Video Guide] Dual Elemental Siege Ballista Build 2x 40k+ DPS [HC/SC & Atziri Viable]

would be Poison a viable support gem?
"
acylus wrote:
"
Dextera wrote:
i am using these i have a ways to go my tool tip is 10k single 7190 for aoe i need jewels badly and i think i need to fix my tree i took some placement speed and duration nodes but need to regret those

I kind of don't understand how you have 10k single target with that. What level are you?

well this is my gear now I'm 75 and i am now a chaos triple ballista face wrecker about 21k dps per totem x3 x3 with
lets you shotgun so no more gmp

and my other gear is

about 32k with max buffs
"
BeRse wrote:
would be Poison a viable support gem?

Yea it could work and potentially be interesting however there is no apparent reason to use it over other supports.
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
so is it better to replace GMP with rain of splinters? and use lets say added cold or maybe chaos?

this is my gear atm:

and my talent tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwABA5YEswhnDc0PqxDMFm8WvxcvGDwYVhmKGjgajxzOJIsmlScvKhMrCitQMgkyiTWSOtg7KDwtQYdG10tXVEdVS1XWVylX4ljlWfNaK13yX7BgQ2HiYlpk52ZUZp5sRm49b55xhXIPcmxyqXfleyB7w3zZfXWApIKbgwmDX4PMhMWMNpBVkzqUb5Z0lwaaO5tdm7WexKIAo_KmvqiarKqvp7Xytoa3PrvjvSe-gMDjwzrEosT2xq7KStN-2L3fmOFz42rtIPAf8bPyRfKX9tr3MviT-ej60vsJ_gr-VP6H_ro=?accountName=Prokletnik&characterName=prvastotka

i'm level 90 atm and my gmp dps is 26.3k with no frenzy
I replaced my gmp with added cold (didnt want to mess with colors more while leveling) and put rain of splinters in my tree and it does seem to help clear speed. Im only 57 atm but it makes my 4l setup that had the gmp only ~200 dps less than my single target 4l setup, and way higher than my old gmp 4l. Looks to be a viable tactic since you can drop using a single target setup altogether. That frees up some gem slots for other uses. This of course could change if you were comparing 5 or 6 link setups.
Last edited by Noburu on Dec 31, 2015, 12:29:36 AM
my dps now is almost 38k after i replaced gmp with rain of splinters...but aoe clear speed is way slower.
"
Prokletnik wrote:
my dps now is almost 38k after i replaced gmp with rain of splinters...but aoe clear speed is way slower.

Yea you need to use it TOGETHER with LMP, as it otherwise doesn't have enough spread. The damage will still be higher than using GMP though =)
"
Prokletnik wrote:

Your clear speed is slower because you are not playing dual sb's properly. These are not your average totems like flame or shockwaves that you put in the middle of the pack and they vaporize everything. Sb's are long range artillery-type totems, so to be efficient with just rain of splinters, you never place them right on top of the pack, but like 20-30 yards to a side diagonal to the mobs behind the particular pack you want to kill (if you can see/know where they are) so that pierces from the first pack end up in the second, killing both. The ideal situation is when the mobs run after you and none go for the totems, then the clearing speed is satisfactory.

"
Grimlocke_ wrote:
"
Prokletnik wrote:

Your clear speed is slower because you are not playing dual sb's properly. These are not your average totems like flame or shockwaves that you put in the middle of the pack and they vaporize everything. Sb's are long range artillery-type totems, so to be efficient with just rain of splinters, you never place them right on top of the pack, but like 20-30 yards to a side diagonal to the mobs behind the particular pack you want to kill (if you can see/know where they are) so that pierces from the first pack end up in the second, killing both. The ideal situation is when the mobs run after you and none go for the totems, then the clearing speed is satisfactory.

Great advice!
thx for the build my dps is 52k with the rain of the splinters andd without the frenzy:)

i am lvl 87

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info