[2.1 Video Guide] Dual Elemental Siege Ballista Build 2x 40k+ DPS [HC/SC & Atziri Viable]

"
Grimlocke_ wrote:
"
Ishamz wrote:
solid build, really liking it so far
playing with a tabula, will be at around 4.2k life when im lv84/85, need to upgrade some gear too
dps is 28k fully buffed, no atziris promise tho.. and gems are at lv17 so theres room to improve!

will have around 40k+ buffed probably.

would be nice to see a video of you doing atziri!

Is your 28k buffed tooltip, or are you counting both totems?

And lifting, do you remember approx tooltip dps you had around 65-70, just before stepping into maps?

Since SB is brand new, I am trying to establish if it is viable to be attempted in another way, aka physical.
tooltip dps!
^ Very nice. I'd say physical variant also works well, since I average at 15k tooltip on level 66 with only 4 dps nodes, 5 charges, iron grip and lioneye's glare+drillneck+tabula (rest of the gear is mediocre, gems 15-16 lvl). Fighting just one issue, huge dex requirements demand a lot of dex on gear+jewelry.

"
Grimlocke_ wrote:
^ Very nice. I'd say physical variant also works well, since I average at 15k tooltip on level 66 with only 4 dps nodes, 5 charges, iron grip and lioneye's glare+drillneck+tabula (rest of the gear is mediocre, gems 15-16 lvl). Fighting just one issue, huge dex requirements demand a lot of dex on gear+jewelry.

little update!
upgraded my gear a bit and im at 38k dps buffed, and 40k single target buffed, single target is only a 4l tho :/
4 frenzy charges, using wrath lv19 and anger lv18 on alpha's howl, which makes it 21/20. running arctic armour, using taste of hate for some extra dps and mitigation and rallying cry for extra mana regen and some dps. could use atziri's promise for extra dps but i don't feel like its needed yet..
supports are lv18, ballista lv19, so there's more room for improvement.
Last edited by Ishamz on Dec 20, 2015, 10:16:48 PM
This is a fun build, thanks for the guide. I had this nice starter ele thicket bow in my stash from my first talisman league character and I knew I wanted to find a good ele bow build to use it with:

I have to start off by saying that the Flamew Totem + Nights Hold combo is a bit ridiculous for leveling up. You could probably use that with a couple simple wands and all white gear and it wouldn't matter much what your passive tree is like (apart from grabbing Ancestral Bond) - you would still be able to kill stuff up past level 50.

On the passive tree, wouldn't it be worth it to grab Celestial Punishment (perhaps instead of Coldhearted Calculation)?

Also, since we grab a bunch of nodes from the big life wheel, would it be worth it to grab the Berserking cluster just below it? That would add 18% attack speed for 4 points.
"
Kelderek wrote:
I have to start off by saying that the Flamew Totem + Nights Hold combo is a bit ridiculous for leveling up. You could probably use that with a couple simple wands and all white gear and it wouldn't matter much what your passive tree is like (apart from grabbing Ancestral Bond) - you would still be able to kill stuff up past level 50.

It's crazy ye, but there are some other equally nuts options, like fire nova mine. I leveled with split arrow in nights hold (low level ele splitter on steroids ftw) until I had fnm gem drop, gave it a whirl and never looked back. It might seem a little clunky at first, having to drop it then detonate, but when you do, whole screen goes POOF, like prenerf fireblast, just flashier and covers larger area. Give it a whirl if you have a blue socket one.

Have fun with it while it lasts, as that is something we can expect to get changed either soon or at the end of the league. Leveling requiring just one item was not intended for sure, as it makes absolete almost all other cool leveling uniques we've been using for a while.

Last edited by Grimlocke_ on Dec 21, 2015, 7:00:18 PM
Just curious about slower projectiles vs faster projectiles in regards to siege ballista if someone could answer this for me. Besides what the quality bonuses offer from the gems, it appears they booth give the same bonus 29% proj. dmg at max level. So it appears that you'd save an extra 30% on the mana multiplier to go faster projectiles over slower projectiles. Or am I missing something an there is a need for the ballista's to shoot slower. If anyone has an answer it would be much appreciated thanks.
"
Captonmorgan wrote:
Just curious about slower projectiles vs faster projectiles in regards to siege ballista if someone could answer this for me. Besides what the quality bonuses offer from the gems, it appears they booth give the same bonus 29% proj. dmg at max level. So it appears that you'd save an extra 30% on the mana multiplier to go faster projectiles over slower projectiles. Or am I missing something an there is a need for the ballista's to shoot slower. If anyone has an answer it would be much appreciated thanks.

Faster proj is 'increased damage', while slower proj is 'more damage', you always want to use 'more' if available as those are multipliers.

Totem shooting speed is directly linked to attack speed, be it from gear, general talents or totem nodes. Neither gem has any effect on the totems projectile distance traveled (was confirmed by a dev here on forums).

"
Grimlocke_ wrote:
"
Captonmorgan wrote:

Faster proj is 'increased damage', while slower proj is 'more damage', you always want to use 'more' if available as those are multipliers.

Totem shooting speed is directly linked to attack speed, be it from gear, general talents or totem nodes. Neither gem has any effect on the totems projectile distance traveled (was confirmed by a dev here on forums).

Thank you very much
I have a little question. Today I bought 6L gggrrb corrupted bow for 7 alch for this build. Is it okay to swap green gem for iron grip? Or there are another variants?
Your build was interesting and impressive: I have a question: Gem Link

1) Bow Elemental or Voltaxic >
6L Siege Ballaste - Faster Attacks - Slower Projectiles - WED - Added Lightning Damage - Poison + Jewel Rains of Splinters is decent dps.

2) Build CI is viable?
Last edited by VikingoGx on Dec 22, 2015, 1:21:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info