[3.0] THEORY Ele Blade Flurry. 6-13 mil VS Shaper, 6667 life

Thanks for all of the input on this build. I converted from a different BF build and this is working much better. I am setup as Trickster now, and I really enjoy the speed. At level 92, I don't really care about leveling any further, and I have been able to do more content than any other previous build. I have a few questions and any responses would be appreciated. Clearly, the build is META, and sadly, my skill is not.

1) The only issues I run into are with reflect rares. Abyssus (45% inc phys dmg) causes this issue of coarse. I run a Taste of hate, Lions Roar, Atziri, Basalt (heat), and Quicksilver (bleed) flasks. I cannot seem to react fast enough on the flasks to survive a reflect. This mostly happens in breaches when I am trying to move fast. I have also rip'd on a few essence mobs by dropping the hammer too soon (doesn't end well). Not sure much can be done to prevent this, but any advice would be great. My total leech (gear and jewels) is 1.34% + vaal pact.

2) I am currently using approx 315 DPS dagger (prev Bino's). While the damage seems to be more with the rare, tool tip is 14K avg dmg in HO, around 20k with charges. How much would a higher DPS dagger help? I am seeing tool tip numbers much higher and it's difficult to know how this scales. All gems are 20/20.

My gear:

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by _BADKARMA_ on Feb 11, 2017, 1:56:00 AM
Hello all,

Just started this build a couple days ago, and would like some input.
ES is sitting a hair off 7k, damage seems okay, but kind of low.

Any changes I should make to my passive tree?

Also wondering when I'd be ready for the Uber lab...
Any input is much appreciated

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/jerlepp/characters
"
_BADKARMA_ wrote:
Thanks for all of the input on this build. I converted from a different BF build and this is working much better. I am setup as Trickster now, and I really enjoy the speed. At level 92, I don't really care about leveling any further, and I have been able to do more content than any other previous build. I have a few questions and any responses would be appreciated. Clearly, the build is META, and sadly, my skill is not.

1) The only issues I run into are with reflect rares. Abyssus (45% inc phys dmg) causes this issue of coarse. I run a Taste of hate, Lions Roar, Atziri, Basalt (heat), and Quicksilver (bleed) flasks. I cannot seem to react fast enough on the flasks to survive a reflect. This mostly happens in breaches when I am trying to move fast. I have also rip'd on a few essence mobs by dropping the hammer too soon (doesn't end well). Not sure much can be done to prevent this, but any advice would be great. My total leech (gear and jewels) is 1.34% + vaal pact.

2) I am currently using approx 315 DPS dagger (prev Bino's). While the damage seems to be more with the rare, tool tip is 14K avg dmg in HO, around 20k with charges. How much would a higher DPS dagger help? I am seeing tool tip numbers much higher and it's difficult to know how this scales. All gems are 20/20.

My gear:

Thanks in advance.

Hey, Dude.

Sorry for the late reply but you gave a fair bit to respond to. Let's begin!

Trickster is beautiful when it comes to clear speed. When it comes to farming using a lower-budget variant of this build, we want to have certain flasks used in a rotation.
- Lion's roar as we movement skill into a pack
(- If we're using counterattack gems, then we want to then pop a rumi's immediately afterward. If we're not using block counterattack gems, then this flask isn't worth the slot)
- If we're not using a skyforth's and/or EC on melee stun with our movement skill, then I suggest using

This will give us an extra second with immortal call and set us up for battles with bosses. It really is better than a non-legacy Rumi's.
That flask can also be used as a blood rage replacement for Assassins.

Rings:
- Those both have so much room to improve. Phys damage, ele dmg%, chaos damage, Accuracy.

There's at least 30% more damage.

Goves:
- We need to get new gloves. You don't need Maligaro's, or you shouldn't at least. 4-5 power charges and 2 crit rings, + a jewel or two with crit chance, and you should be good.
- This means you get the advantage of looking for something that doesn't need crit chance.
- You could use Shadow's and dust. The ~40 es turns out to be as much as 200es later on. They have multi, mana leech and rampage. The unholy might buff may as well be removed as it's negligible.
- Rare or shadows. Facebreakers are better than maligaro's if you dont need the crit%
- rare gloves are ultimately the best in terms of balance. I use legacy, vuln on hit facebreakers on my Trickster as he doesn't need the crit.
- Basically if you can reach around 92% crit, don't stress to much getting to 95 as that's an increase of around 1k average dps.

Boots: Death's door will boost your build to a whole-nother level
- Bleed immune affording us an extra flask slot - here's a potentially massive boost to output.
- Move speed, all res, (very important) strength, extra EC.
- es is shit but you should get used to that if you want unique boots - SKyforth.

Gems:
- Change your immortal call setup - CWDT,INC Dur, IC, Vaal haste/discipline. (maybe use a curse here as the 4th link if you're running low on gem slots. I suggest using Warlord's mark if you're gonna have a curse responding to damage.)
Reflect:
- Use warchief totem if you're worried about reflect mobs. It's so much easier than it used to be.
- If you see a ref mob, wait a moment; 2 - 3 seconds. This will result in a cooldown reset of Immortal call (which should be now much longer if you follow all of this wall of text i'm writing as a response).

Scaling output: pDPS
- Anything like phys damage, melee damage, 1 handed damage all scale your output.
- Nothing boosts dps like flat physical damage. This is what scales anything that feeds from out physical damage - hatred, poison etc.
- This is why having phys damage on anything possible is how you get retarded dps.
- I would suggest using a abyssus on standard, though only if the player tailors their play-style to accommodate the increase in player vulnerability.
- So the big question is Bino's VS good rare.

I'll start off with my previous dagger VS Loath Bane.

My first amazing dagger - Platinum Kris. SPent 80 ex buying and 10 ex using divine orbs.
- 400pDPS
- 9.66% crit
- no multi
- 80% implicit crit global
- 1.55% att speed

Loath bane
- 535 pDPS
- 8.69% crit
- 38% multi
- 40% implicit crit global
- 1.9 att speed

My overall dps went up to around 30% more. I was honestly expecting more though there were additional other benefits like movement speed.

So I would think that if you went from 315pDPS dagger, the biggest factor is crit chance. Base crit is so important that it's the difference between using a crit chance gem with loath bane, or getting another PC using a passive with a bino's for example.

Make sure that when you upgrade, you dont lose crit chance, but mate you have so far to go. A loath bane would roughly triple your dps I think. Remember that everything scales from the dagger, everything.

No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
Priky hey bro
Haha don't see u in game anymore
Enjoy Legacy!!!!
Last edited by DeuzTwoTrey on Feb 14, 2017, 12:30:13 PM
So i've changed some gear.Initially i was using Abyssus but i was getting randomly one shoted.Didn't really like the trade off for more damage.

Currently i am struggling with the guardians.My damage is too low, it takes forever to kill them especially vs Minotaur and Chimera.

I want to know what's the best upgrade to boost my dps considerably to help me with the guardians.A 6 link or a better dagger.Both of those items are pretty expensive for me.I want to save for the one that gets me the highest boost in dps but i am not sure which one is the best.

This is my current build.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/boonobosMike/characters
I started playing PoE again after a 2 year break, and decided to use this build. I'm lv 36 atm, and i'm really struggling, i only have 750 hp/150 ES. And my damage aint great either. I'm using ethereal knives as long range skill for the moment.

Any advice on what i should focus? Should i get hp nodes, and later change those for ES when i have enough to respec? Which skills should i link with blade flurry early on? Any advice would be welcome for making my life easyer on low level.
"
Priky hey bro
Haha don't see u in game anymore

Hey mate

Yeah I'm waiting for new content. I still do a couple of maps every day, though I can't even be bothered logging in to trade anymore.

As soon as 2.6 comes out I'll be back on ASAP.

Hey everyone

Sorry I haven't been on in a while. I've been going hard at work trying to improve shit and it's consumed my life.

I'll be on this weekend though!

I'll also have feedback for all posts Ive missed.

I often put too much effort into a single reply and find myself typing for half an hour without even playing the game haha. O well
"
Grimstarz wrote:
I'm lv 36 atm, and i'm really struggling, i only have 750 hp/150 ES. And my damage aint great either. I'm using ethereal knives as long range skill for the moment.

Any advice on what i should focus? Should i get hp nodes, and later change those for ES when i have enough to respec? Which skills should i link with blade flurry early on?

I used Frost Blades until I could use Blade Flurry. As soon as I got that, I used a 4L and threw BF + Faster Attacks + Melee Physical Damage + I think Inc AOE / Inc Crit Chance.

I didn't spec much into HP nodes at all, I just toughed it out wearing HP on my gear until I had ~3k/~4k ES and then switched to CI / pure ES gear (at which point I swapped in Melee Damage on Full Life instead of Inc AOE / Inc Crit). Using Discipline helps round out the ES. I think I was ~60/~70 before I swapped to CI, it depends on your crafting luck / drop luck / if you have any gear available to help with ES. You can roll some "ok" ES gear just using Alts and Augments on magic items to help with the transition.

But don't neglect capping your resists! In my own opinion, having 75% resist all (excepting Chaos, of course), helps tremendously in survivability.

/popcorn always, because people
Last edited by deadamaranth on Feb 15, 2017, 7:05:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info