[3.0] THEORY Ele Blade Flurry. 6-13 mil VS Shaper, 6667 life

Hey man, how do you get power charges? Is it from the flask only or are you using another method I missed? Nice build btw.
"
BADWOLF619 wrote:
Hey man, how do you get power charges? Is it from the flask only or are you using another method I missed? Nice build btw.

Hey dude,

Thanks! I just got a new dagger so it's just gotten 25% more damage :D

To get power charger we have a few options
- Doedre's flask - I used this method for a year
- Assassin's mark (with or without blasphemy)
- PCoC linked to Riposte,reckoning, vengeance - This is better than Doedre's flask and I used it for a year combined with Doedre's flask.
- Lightning strike combined with PCoC is another very good choice.
- Skyforth's boots - This is what I use

PCoC linked to Riposte,reckoning, vengeance is by far the best option as they can go off so often with a rumi's flask it's insane. They actually do much more damage than an average hit from my dagger but they go off much less often.

Cheers!
No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
Last edited by hmcg020 on Oct 3, 2016, 11:51:44 PM
Hey hmcg020!

First off, great build! Looks like great fun to play.

I was originally drawn to this because it seems like it plays pretty similarly to the old zealot paladin from the D2 days (lots of LoH and face tanking).

That being said, as a brand new player to PoE, is this build even remotely viable? I know that some builds require you to have some serious currency built up. Are there certain milestones that I should be going for?

Any feedback or advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!!
"
nytrous wrote:
Hey hmcg020!

First off, great build! Looks like great fun to play.

I was originally drawn to this because it seems like it plays pretty similarly to the old zealot paladin from the D2 days (lots of LoH and face tanking).

That being said, as a brand new player to PoE, is this build even remotely viable? I know that some builds require you to have some serious currency built up. Are there certain milestones that I should be going for?

Any feedback or advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!!

Hey mate

Thanks for your kind words. I have always preferred getting right in an enemies face. So although I've played around with ranged characters, I still prefer face-tanking, even as a spell caster.

I splayed the absolute shit out of D2 back in the day!

With the introduction of leveling uniques, this build is viable for a new player, however we would need to change it a bit. I've included leveling trees and throughout the discussion pages there's been uniques linked and talked about for leveling.

There's 10 items to a build (excluding gems, jewels and flasks) so the minimum budget for any build is usually 10c.

Realistically, this build is one that can run with basic gear, though it's potential is fully unleashed once you've played for a while and have some wealth built up. Playing as a life build is MUCH more cheap and viable until then.

CHeers
Hey! Can you check out my character anxBUZZ?

Wondering how im doing really, this is the only 6L i have, im on 145k tooldip with auras (no flasks) but can't seem to get enough mana to run Discipline as well as warlords and hatred.

Can't afford skyforth either.

Really enjoying this build.
Last edited by Anxtristo on Oct 5, 2016, 1:44:35 PM
"
Anxtristo wrote:
Hey! Can you check out my character anxBUZZ?

Wondering how im doing really, this is the only 6L i have, im on 145k tooldip with auras (no flasks) but can't seem to get enough mana to run Discipline as well as warlords and hatred.

Can't afford skyforth either.

Really enjoying this build.

Hey dude!

You have some good items! 145k tooltip is awesome btw. Honestly in Sarn I only have 208k with Inc AOE!

One thing I would certainly try to upgrade though, is that 50% abyssus! Even getting one with a little less DPS would save us 10% flat damage taken if it has 40%. Your balls are big but they must take a pounding haha.

For the Aura issue, it's a simple fix, though it's either going to cost you currency, or DPS.

Here I've included an Aura Calculator with what will make your auras work (on paper)

Here I've included a level 85 passive tree that will give you the required mana reduction, while providing the stun avoidance required without skyforth's. Level 85 so you have something to look forward too =)

You will need to use a conqueror's efficiency jewel, and you will need another level 3 enlighten. however it's worth it for now. If you can afford to get 2 level 4 enlightens, or even just one, it will make a huge difference.

Final note: if you get a pair of +1 Maligaro's (which is actually MUCH cheaper than a level 4 enlighten), you effectively have a level 4 enlighten. I got a pair for 2 ex!

All the best!
Last edited by hmcg020 on Oct 5, 2016, 6:44:10 PM
Added Deathless Vaal Temple Map
Following this guide to make this guy, seems really badass from the vids. Just one question, would assassin be viable for power charges and more poisons and such? Or is trickster just like a million times better. Also, how do you get your whirling blades animation to be so short? every time I use it the animation after the cast is painfully slow. Is that just from atkspd% on gear?
Last edited by Jager235 on Oct 8, 2016, 6:13:29 AM
"
Jager235 wrote:
Following this guide to make this guy, seems really badass from the vids. Just one question, would assassin be viable for power charges and more poisons and such? Or is trickster just like a million times better. Also, how do you get your whirling blades animation to be so short? every time I use it the animation after the cast is painfully slow. Is that just from atkspd% on gear?

I don't use poison or bleed besides the one passive node that gives a 30% chance for poison on crit. Beyond this, I scale purely from phys and Hatred. I would love to see how well this build does from using a legacy voidheart, though losing either of my current rings would be a drastic loss in both DPS and defense, so it would really need to be worth it.

With assassin we could certainly get power charges easy enough, though as this build focuses on damage, it's the defensive/attack speed boosts from Trickster that compliment that.

Fro whirling blades, any additional bonus to att speed, say from the trickster passives or blood rage for example, make it quicker. For a weapon, the base attack speed 1-1.9, etc, do not effect it, however if a weapon has +27% attack speed, this suffix will increase the att speed of whirling blades. I do not use faster attacks on it, so this is purely the gem itself with the trickster passives, and 27% att speed on my dagger.

Cheers
I tried out assassin now with the build for awhile and yeah the posions dont seem to do much, Im sure if someone tried they could make it work with alot of testing, but of course the poisons and bleeds would only do their work on really high hp bosses. Ill go trickster now for sure, thanks for the fast reply!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info