Talisman Challenges and Upcoming Items!

Playing solo self found 1-2 hours a day, a little more on the weekends and I still think I can do 21+ of these challenges.
Really looking forward to this league (more for the Talisman theme than the challenges)

"
Knightmare101 wrote:
"
Well that seals it for me, I'm out for this league.

Any 'challenge' that is RNG gated in this game without at least a reasonable leeway is complete and utter shit.

Things I hate about these challenges:

Leveling Masters. Yet again. So tedious and it rewards those who do constant Master rotations while leaving your average and/or solo player out in the cold.

Unnatural Influences: Unless there has been a reasonable increase in Tormented Spirits this is going to be a pain to manufacture.

Kill these Unique Bosses. All 15 or nothing. Too bad if my particular build I choose is weak against one of those bosses hey? I guess it's just another way to force players into a particular meta.

Enter these Unique Maps. All 15 or nothing. So drop rates for Unique maps have been multiplied 10,000 times right? Oh, of course not.

Full Clear twinned maps: See above.

Items from Vendor Recipes: The Goddess scorned I achieved recently. After more than two years of playing. Yeah, that's looking good for me again.

Sets of Divination cards. I haven't achieved the majority of these sets since they were introduced.

Complete these encounters. You mean, purchase them or fail right?

Identify new Unique items. All 27 or nothing. Didn't I talk about this above already? Oh, and I'm guessing a number of them are HC only too so thanks, but screw that.

Reach Level 90: Never achieved this with any character since the start. Always a good way to encourage players to experiment with a new meta by creating a huge risk for failing in a build. Brilliant thinking.

Identify these Treasures. All 12 or nothing. OMFG! So, Unique drops have been buffed by a factor of 10,000 right? Again, in more than 2 years of playing I've seen, let's see, one of those items. Only for the mega rich who will purchase unidentified uniques for the challenge while 99.9% of players miss out. I thought GGG represented the underdog, the little guy that could, not the 1%.

Overall, I'd call this tedious busy work in most cases and nothing approaching fun or genuinely rewarding. I'm sure the super-players will love it but for Joe average it's a really alienating experience.

Nothing worthwhile for me to participate in, no reason to give more $$$ to GGG which I'm actually disappointed with as I've regularly done so until now.

Oh well, at least it's summer here now and I can spend my time on my bike or the PS4.

Man... You are one salty dude! If you never had a lvl 90 character, you're a casual player, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that! But comon man, if you're complaining about every single challenge then maybe PoE isn't the game for you...

well.... the dude has a point though.
I know i will have to rely on the top players to "buy" some achievements, since my RNG really aint that super.
Let alone i am able to make a working high endgame build.
★ IGN: Pinockio_the_Transexual or PM me on forums ★
Considering you took the time to design a full armour set for this league, I would have expected easier challenges. Not many people will complete those. Maybe 1% or 5% of the playerbase will.
reading the comments, so much crying lol.

this league going to be fun.
cant wait :)
Boots easy for even casual players, gloves, fairly easy, but w/out luck helm is out of reach. UNLESS league is a bit longer this time and some of the rng is changed a bit. As I said, I have not seen a cart box in forever. I guess you could this one w/mod on Zana's device.

Then again I said same thing about the short league w/gold seraph and ended up getting everything but armor so I might be wrong.
Censored.
"
Knightmare101 wrote:
Man... You are one salty dude! If you never had a lvl 90 character, you're a casual player, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that! But comon man, if you're complaining about every single challenge then maybe PoE isn't the game for you...

I have to agree with him on a few of the points, ignore the lvl 90 challenge, it is one of the easiest on there BY FAR!!!

Normal people with a regular job have to be prepared to throw out probably 25-50 ex to complete most of these in total. And then there the problems of getting currency to buy the shit.... I will try, but i dont believe at all i can do a few of these. Even if i'd play from the moment i get back from work to i go to bed, until league ends...

As i feared, i knew it the moment i read rigwald has 4 uniques, it would become a challenge to get them... Insane rng based challenge. This league is the best one so far for the dedicated farmers. $$$
You just wasted 3 seconds reading this.
So .... I've been away some time cause I stopped playing this game after Act4 got released.
Now I come back for this new expansion ... and I see that a big part of the community didn't change at all.

You bring a reasonable argument. Main answer you get: WHA CRYBABY! GO UNINSTALL GAME! SCRUB! CASUAL! L2P!
Fascinating :D
LOL! As usual, the casuals are complaining about "challenges" in a hardcore game.

People are forgetting that you have a whole 3 months to complete this. Gated by RNG? You have enough time to purchase them with farming/trading. Challenge too tough? You have enough time to get better at the game. No excuse.

I see why GGG has introduced so many challenges this time. This league will be very popular. Many players are returning. The challenges keep you playing till the end rather than quit league after first month. That's what casuals do. You will quit after a month anyway, so why should the challenges cater to you? It's more for people who stick around and need something to do.
"
lourun_coria wrote:
Hype, nice challengue's list design.

Good for casual players and no-lifers :D

Definitely, I'm going to get the Aspirant Pack in the coming days.

Promise done, pack purchased ;D
HC SSF Harbinguer : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 94 (RIP).
STANDARD : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 97 (ALL CONTENT DONE)
looks good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info