Talisman Challenges and Upcoming Items!

There's not going to be a comment from ggg. When the last league ended and they had to put in filler 1 month leagues Chris said they would no longer have a set duration for challenge leagues.

That being said in the past there were 3 and 4 month challenge leagues.

Your best bet is hoping this league lasts till they launch Ascendancy next year.

"
Periodically, two new leagues are created and the previous two challenge leagues are removed. These leagues are intended to introduce and test new content while providing players with a fresh economy.[1] Challenge leagues have been three or four months long. In addition, each pair of leagues has a set of eight optional challenges that can be completed for a prize.

When a challenge league ends, all characters and their stash will be sent to their respective parent league (either Standard league or Hardcore League).

from http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/League#Challenge_Leagues
"
TehHammer wrote:
Wow, nice. Can't wait to idle in tier 6-8 maps, thanks to horrid map RNG, trying to get these done.

Or you could just learn how to roll maps?
"
haensel wrote:

Wait, did you miss the flashback month?
Please recheck your statement accordingly.

But, I admit, I fell for a presumption. There is no mentioning of 5 weeks or any other duration to my knowledge.

So we go with your proposal: wait for GGG-Staff to comment

Talisman is going to be a 3 months (maybe even 4) league, Ascendancy is NOT a challenge league, it's the next expansion (like Awakening = expansion, Warbands and Tempest = challenge leagues).

Darkshrine was already a filler league until Talisman was ready.
Last edited by Soulfrost on Dec 10, 2015, 9:55:28 AM
Could it be possible that they are trying to promote grouping and community , and just overall player interaction with these challenges? It's also entirely optional, I don't remember seeing a sign that says "Come get your free boss armour MTX".
Start hyppeee - rage quit after 2 weeks like rest of the legues becus i can pass T6 maps even after i buy 5 T9 maps and alch chisel - nice done :(
HYPEEEEE
I'm not Brazilian.
Problem w/one challenge is that carto boxes really don't appear in the game anymore. Unless you guys are planning on buffing them, that is, which I hope. I haven't seen a carto box in months.
Censored.
"
Shosai wrote:
Could it be possible that they are trying to promote grouping and community , and just overall player interaction with these challenges? It's also entirely optional, I don't remember seeing a sign that says "Come get your free boss armour MTX".

By player interaction do you mean spamming trade chat and master channel with wtb this or that challenge and wtb ur zana for 1 c?

Hell I've been in enough rotas to know there's always one guy that just shits on your day by leeching the dailies and then just logging off when it's their turn.

I learned to always make a party for dailies and put last come in the party first in line for the rota. Thats the easiest way to weed out the leechers.

Sure you might actually find a group to run your dailies with and get that out of the way, but then it will still be a drag to buy challenge uniques for reasonable prices.

Hell even if they're vendor trash they will still be put up for ridiculous amounts cause some guy had a streak of luck while you are still stuck doing idd recipies cause you are afraid you'd vendor that gg ring/ammy/belt.

Granted you do not need to do all challenges in the first week but gating them behind trade makes them look more like chores than actual challenges.
Last edited by Hallsttattian on Dec 10, 2015, 10:09:10 AM
Boots Or Riot!
Love the changes on paper, hope to love it as much in-game! See you on friday!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info