Talisman Challenges and Upcoming Items!

good news
play my first rpg on the intellivision :)
Chris Wilson"I want to make sure that melee classes are as good as they can be"
I am going to violate the shit out of these challenges.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Seems legit. I like it.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
same armor set for sc and hc? not cool :S
"
"
Chris wrote:
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
Why do we get the body last? This means if you only get 3/4 pieces you essentially got nothing because it would look terrible when uncomplete.

That was the compromise for changing it so that you can skip four of your choice.

That's lovely and all, but as a self-found player, there are at least 5 of those challenges that I won't be able to complete, so it's an utterly moot point.

[...]

If you want to play self-found then that's just your problem and your problem alone. The game has a trade-system, it encourages trading as you might remember the rockbreakers in the Chisel recipe and other stuff that is intended to encourage low and high level players to trade with each other.
That means you're playing the game differently and more difficultly which is perfectly fine - as long as you do not blame others for that.
The trading Challenges aren't as bad as people make it out to be, since you can just buy a Unid Unique, ID it, then trade/sell it (and if you get a good roll, you may have even made some Currency!) Or with Divination Cards, you can just sell the resulting item and [almost] break even...

Honestly, the hardest challenges looks like the 2x Tormented one or finding a CartoBox (and remembering to Vaal it) and the Twinned Maps one.

Another thing, people are forgetting that the Gore MTX Set that you can BUY will be the same model/skin as the Rigwald Set, just with "more... gore." So you can just use that to finish out your Set if you miss some Challenges (and people can tell that those who aren't bleeding, are the real Heroes.)

I think I can definitely do 25 Challenges, since those are extremely easy to do. The remaining 3 may be a bit tricky and involve some grinding, trading, and/or tons of luck. But I don't want the Helm anyway, so it'd mostly be about e-peen and getting a bigger Totem. :P

PS. You don't need all 12 of the Treasures ID'd, just 4 (some people keep missing that it seems.)
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Last edited by Sheriff_K on Dec 10, 2015, 11:26:30 AM
Meh, i do not like the armour set at all. It feels... very underwhelming for the challenges at hand. Ill probably just make extra currency selling challenges, i dont see any reason for me to bother doing them myself since i personally dont think the armour set is very aesthetic for the amount of challenges you need to complete.

Just my opinion though.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
This is my problem with Poison/Chaos: I would love to play something new like a Chaos caster in this Talisman league coming up, but I just can't seem to wrap my head around how to build the damn thing! This doesn't stack with this, this will work with that but not this.. Maybe I'm just getting too old, but some more in-detail information from GGG about how chaos/poison is going to work would be splendid!
IGN Ken__Kaniff
Last edited by Knightmare101 on Dec 10, 2015, 11:33:34 AM
Zana LVL 8 challenge...topkek
"
Well that seals it for me, I'm out for this league.

Any 'challenge' that is RNG gated in this game without at least a reasonable leeway is complete and utter shit.

Things I hate about these challenges:

Leveling Masters. Yet again. So tedious and it rewards those who do constant Master rotations while leaving your average and/or solo player out in the cold.

Unnatural Influences: Unless there has been a reasonable increase in Tormented Spirits this is going to be a pain to manufacture.

Kill these Unique Bosses. All 15 or nothing. Too bad if my particular build I choose is weak against one of those bosses hey? I guess it's just another way to force players into a particular meta.

Enter these Unique Maps. All 15 or nothing. So drop rates for Unique maps have been multiplied 10,000 times right? Oh, of course not.

Full Clear twinned maps: See above.

Items from Vendor Recipes: The Goddess scorned I achieved recently. After more than two years of playing. Yeah, that's looking good for me again.

Sets of Divination cards. I haven't achieved the majority of these sets since they were introduced.

Complete these encounters. You mean, purchase them or fail right?

Identify new Unique items. All 27 or nothing. Didn't I talk about this above already? Oh, and I'm guessing a number of them are HC only too so thanks, but screw that.

Reach Level 90: Never achieved this with any character since the start. Always a good way to encourage players to experiment with a new meta by creating a huge risk for failing in a build. Brilliant thinking.

Identify these Treasures. All 12 or nothing. OMFG! So, Unique drops have been buffed by a factor of 10,000 right? Again, in more than 2 years of playing I've seen, let's see, one of those items. Only for the mega rich who will purchase unidentified uniques for the challenge while 99.9% of players miss out. I thought GGG represented the underdog, the little guy that could, not the 1%.

Overall, I'd call this tedious busy work in most cases and nothing approaching fun or genuinely rewarding. I'm sure the super-players will love it but for Joe average it's a really alienating experience.

Nothing worthwhile for me to participate in, no reason to give more $$$ to GGG which I'm actually disappointed with as I've regularly done so until now.

Oh well, at least it's summer here now and I can spend my time on my bike or the PS4.

Man... You are one salty dude! If you never had a lvl 90 character, you're a casual player, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that! But comon man, if you're complaining about every single challenge then maybe PoE isn't the game for you...
IGN Ken__Kaniff

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info