Talisman Challenges and Upcoming Items!

"
Well that seals it for me, I'm out for this league.

Any 'challenge' that is RNG gated in this game without at least a reasonable leeway is complete and utter shit.

Things I hate about these challenges:

Leveling Masters. Yet again. So tedious and it rewards those who do constant Master rotations while leaving your average and/or solo player out in the cold.

Unnatural Influences: Unless there has been a reasonable increase in Tormented Spirits this is going to be a pain to manufacture.

Kill these Unique Bosses. All 15 or nothing. Too bad if my particular build I choose is weak against one of those bosses hey? I guess it's just another way to force players into a particular meta.

Enter these Unique Maps. All 15 or nothing. So drop rates for Unique maps have been multiplied 10,000 times right? Oh, of course not.

Full Clear twinned maps: See above.

Items from Vendor Recipes: The Goddess scorned I achieved recently. After more than two years of playing. Yeah, that's looking good for me again.

Sets of Divination cards. I haven't achieved the majority of these sets since they were introduced.

Complete these encounters. You mean, purchase them or fail right?

Identify new Unique items. All 27 or nothing. Didn't I talk about this above already? Oh, and I'm guessing a number of them are HC only too so thanks, but screw that.

Reach Level 90: Never achieved this with any character since the start. Always a good way to encourage players to experiment with a new meta by creating a huge risk for failing in a build. Brilliant thinking.

Identify these Treasures. All 12 or nothing. OMFG! So, Unique drops have been buffed by a factor of 10,000 right? Again, in more than 2 years of playing I've seen, let's see, one of those items. Only for the mega rich who will purchase unidentified uniques for the challenge while 99.9% of players miss out. I thought GGG represented the underdog, the little guy that could, not the 1%.

Overall, I'd call this tedious busy work in most cases and nothing approaching fun or genuinely rewarding. I'm sure the super-players will love it but for Joe average it's a really alienating experience.

Nothing worthwhile for me to participate in, no reason to give more $$$ to GGG which I'm actually disappointed with as I've regularly done so until now.

Oh well, at least it's summer here now and I can spend my time on my bike or the PS4.

+over9000

Thx Aldora
This statement I support 100%.
Vaiel people have been giving GGG feedback exactly like Aldora's since the very first day Challenges were introduced...and they choose to ignore it. -_-
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
Last edited by Chameleon on Dec 10, 2015, 5:07:19 AM
"
"
The Poison Support Gem deals 10% of the hit's Chaos and Physical Damage as Chaos Damage Per Second, and lasts 2 seconds by default.

Why the hell this isnt stated in skillgem description? Anybody who does not read the forums has 0% chance of knowing that.

Some of the challenges seem realy tedious - get all those uniques, get all those encounters, get all those cards - at least there will be something to do for traders, hooow greaaaat.

Anyway - HYPUUUU
How long this challenge gonna stay?
"
Chris wrote:
Good news! After some discussion with the team, we've swapped the Helmet and Body Armour. You will now receive the Body Armour after completing 21 challenges, and the Helmet after completing 28.

awesome done!
"

Any 'challenge' that is RNG gated in this game without at least a reasonable leeway is complete and utter shit.

Well I mean you could just (and I know this might be difficult for you to comprehend) play the league and not really bother with the challenges. Its not like the challenges are a core game mechanic you HAVE to take part in. They are optional. If you WANT to put the effort in then you can EARN a cool MTX........ For FREE
"
Vaiel wrote:
"

Leveling Masters. Yet again. So tedious and it rewards those who do constant Master rotations while leaving your average and/or solo player out in the cold.

Unnatural Influences: Unless there has been a reasonable increase in Tormented Spirits this is going to be a pain to manufacture.

Kill these Unique Bosses. All 15 or nothing. Too bad if my particular build I choose is weak against one of those bosses hey? I guess it's just another way to force players into a particular meta.

Enter these Unique Maps. All 15 or nothing. So drop rates for Unique maps have been multiplied 10,000 times right? Oh, of course not.

Items from Vendor Recipes: The Goddess scorned I achieved recently. After more than two years of playing. Yeah, that's looking good for me again.

Sets of Divination cards haven't achieved the majority of these sets since they were introduced.

Identify new Unique items. All 27 or nothing. Didn't I talk about this above already? Oh, and I'm guessing a number of them are HC only too so thanks, but screw that.

Reach Level 90: Never achieved this with any character since the start. Always a good way to encourage players to experiment with a new meta by creating a huge risk for failing in a build. Brilliant thinking.

Identify these Treasures. All 12 or nothing. OMFG! So, Unique drops have been buffed by a factor of 10,000 right? Again, in more than 2 years of playing I've seen, let's see, one of those items. Only for the mega rich who will purchase unidentified uniques for the challenge while 99.9% of players miss out. I thought GGG represented the underdog, the little guy that could, not the 1%.

Overall, I'd call this tedious busy work in most cases and nothing approaching fun or genuinely rewarding. I'm sure the super-players will love it but for Joe average it's a really alienating experience.

Nothing worthwhile for me to participate in, no reason to give more $$$ to GGG which I'm actually disappointed with as I've regularly done so until now.

Oh well, at least it's summer here now and I can spend my time on my bike or the PS4.

+over9000

Thx Aldora

Well... lets see - those are goals for ~3 month at least. Many TOP players will reach 90% done in next 2-3 weeks. If i try hard, i can get 24/26 done - that's how I get last 3 leagues - 5/6 out of 8.

In 1M race I got my golden seraph set done in 1/4 time (10-12days?), and I'm not so casual, sometimes playing 3-4h a day.

So what I want to say? As for patch notes, here the same - there are haters, there are players who will enjoy it. I feel, that OP looked at challenges, OMG, "can't do all in one breath" and here we got the message.

Leveling masters again - yes, get Zana to 8... impossible without /global820 and shared dailies; uniq map - nope, if you play 1 char to ~90lvl, you will get all those maps, or currency to trade for it, etc, etc. IF you just play... a lot :)

Otherwise, can't wait to get in :D

P.S. In Nemesis, where i got 6/8 - last Inner Treasure rare mob was taking me a lot time and it was in HardCore, but i get it... few days before end of league. Sweet. Here comes the same - 21(armor) is possible if i just play, 28(helm) - almost impossible if not party, 32/32 - nope, 99.99999% not even close.
Last edited by BestiyaLV on Dec 10, 2015, 5:36:23 AM
This'll be the first time i'm actually gunning for some of the challanges ^^
Looks like a load of fun.
"
Vaiel wrote:
"

Sets of Divination cards. I haven't achieved the majority of these sets since they were introduced.

+over9000

Thx Aldora

Ppl have been saying this since the dawn of the challenges in this game. And almost all are self-found players. I agree with you guys on one thing - this game encourages trading. My response to that - DEAL WITH IT! No one's forcing you to achieve any of these things. It gets you no gameplay advantage. It unlocks no gated areas of the game. They're just achievements. For completing them you get some bloody decorations, not a legacy Kaoms' or something.

Instead of constantly cribbing about the same un-essential parts of the game (unlike, say, the cribs over desync earlier, which DID matter), you guys could perhaps suggest an alternative. First things first - understand that these are ACHIEVEMENTS i.e. they're meant to be challenging to complete. Now please come up with a set of challenges that are equally challenging for trading and non-trading players, equally challenging for the 1% and 99% and equally challenging for all half-decent builds i.e. that don't privilege any particular meta. Go on. Try being constructive for a change. It'll do all of us a world of good.
Last edited by Exile009 on Dec 10, 2015, 5:48:28 AM
That crazy amount of challenges, I LOVE IT LOOOOOOOOOL

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info