Talisman Challenges and Upcoming Items!

Just counted out how many I'd thought I'd make. And got to 21. So just enough I guess.

Now as long as things goes well, and Rigwald isn't too big a killer, then I might actually get up to ~26ish depending on luck on some drops etc.
But well... its highly doubtful I'd get 28.

But I guess that is ok. Helmet aint really pretty anyway.

Really looking forward for a new league to start again.
QUESTION - can i drop talisman on the ground anywhere and let it be picked by monster? For example i find exile, drop talisman from my inventory, exile picks it?
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
Last edited by Toshis8 on Dec 10, 2015, 3:59:38 AM
Helmet is for no-lifers only :)))
Playing marauder @ Hardcore leagues

Well that seals it for me, I'm out for this league.

Any 'challenge' that is RNG gated in this game without at least a reasonable leeway is complete and utter shit.

Things I hate about these challenges:

Leveling Masters. Yet again. So tedious and it rewards those who do constant Master rotations while leaving your average and/or solo player out in the cold.

Unnatural Influences: Unless there has been a reasonable increase in Tormented Spirits this is going to be a pain to manufacture.

Kill these Unique Bosses. All 15 or nothing. Too bad if my particular build I choose is weak against one of those bosses hey? I guess it's just another way to force players into a particular meta.

Enter these Unique Maps. All 15 or nothing. So drop rates for Unique maps have been multiplied 10,000 times right? Oh, of course not.

Full Clear twinned maps: See above.

Items from Vendor Recipes: The Goddess scorned I achieved recently. After more than two years of playing. Yeah, that's looking good for me again.

Sets of Divination cards. I haven't achieved the majority of these sets since they were introduced.

Complete these encounters. You mean, purchase them or fail right?

Identify new Unique items. All 27 or nothing. Didn't I talk about this above already? Oh, and I'm guessing a number of them are HC only too so thanks, but screw that.

Reach Level 90: Never achieved this with any character since the start. Always a good way to encourage players to experiment with a new meta by creating a huge risk for failing in a build. Brilliant thinking.

Identify these Treasures. All 12 or nothing. OMFG! So, Unique drops have been buffed by a factor of 10,000 right? Again, in more than 2 years of playing I've seen, let's see, one of those items. Only for the mega rich who will purchase unidentified uniques for the challenge while 99.9% of players miss out. I thought GGG represented the underdog, the little guy that could, not the 1%.

Overall, I'd call this tedious busy work in most cases and nothing approaching fun or genuinely rewarding. I'm sure the super-players will love it but for Joe average it's a really alienating experience.

Nothing worthwhile for me to participate in, no reason to give more $$$ to GGG which I'm actually disappointed with as I've regularly done so until now.

Oh well, at least it's summer here now and I can spend my time on my bike or the PS4.
I agree with some people complaining about RNG challenges (in other words a challenge that is to acquire a list of very expensive items). Is the challenge here to become rich (and I guess some people will do it using illegal means) so that you can buy the challenge? I understand that trading is part of the game, but I am not sure if this should be part of a challenge.

Regarding the reward, I guess it's ok but It's not the best armour set I have seen. This is a bit off-topic but I will say it anyway: GGG I understand that you want to promote melee, but can you ever release any elegant sets that are more suitable for casters/witches etc? Currently the only set that matches a caster conceptually is the arcane set.
I'm just a little bit concerned about the challanges.
I know that there should be a special Reward for those Pro-Gamers around and I do understand that it should be very very tough to complete the whole (very good looking) armour, thou.

But I'm afraid that even with lowering the needed amount of completed challanges would be very tough for the average gamers to complete.

Well at least the boots are easy to gain (you just have to play through the game once, shouldn't be so hard to complete that ;) ) But to gain at least the Gloves or the Body armour could be very tough. It is hard to say until actually playing the Talisman League (it could be that spawn rates of the needed things are high enough to encounter them) but as 'Aldora_the_Summoner' already said:
Finding some of the Challange Encounters (such as two tormented Spirits in a single Monster) could be very hard to find. Even the craftebale Challanges (like Vaal Orb on Cartographers Strongbox). Think I'm gonna need Help of social chat (again)...

Myself I think that I might complete the shoes + gloves. I really really hope that I'm lucky enough to complete the body armour! ^^
I am a petty-fat-dumbass-Kid. So please listen to my unwanted oppinions!

Vote Tasuni for President!...I mean 'for Hideout'!
Last edited by Mr_Dude on Dec 10, 2015, 4:25:57 AM

"
Reach Level 90: Never achieved this with any character since the start. Always a good way to encourage players to experiment with a new meta by creating a huge risk for failing in a build. Brilliant thinking.

Laughed so hard at your post not even a char 90+? rofl.What a crybaby.Noone forces you to play a F2P game.Go uninstall if you dont like the game and feel free to try other ARPG's out there gl.

Huh... Actually a reason to do swig of hope, have not done that in years....
"ran out of high teir maps to leave on the ground - people kept taking the higher teirs" - Da Pagionator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T31clJn_oNQ
Okay so you get vinktar square if you sell the agnerod staves?
Nice!

But 32 challenges are too many. Give us 8 or 10 at maximum.

and meeeeeh, challenges requiring trading.

EDIT: in b4 league ends after 3 weeks :DD
Last edited by PopeJo on Dec 10, 2015, 4:53:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info