Elementalist - Flameblast Vortex Arc Fire Storm Ice Nova Ball Lightning, strong and cheap vid guide

@illundreal
thanks for your post. I have tried elemental overload on character in standard and if you have bad RNG it doesn't active too often. But overload is nice bonus when you fight against boss and you are lucky to crit on first hit ;)

I have not tested ghost reaver yet but I will for sure try it now if you say it is so good.

@Nanouk
"
Nanouk wrote:
Hello!

I'm currently only level 43 but I already have Deoedre's Scorn since I found it on another character. Do you think it's better to wait and equip it at a later stage when my resists are more stable?

I would use it now so later you will not find out that you no longer have caped ressists because you change helmet and it would force to change other gear. Gl with fnding more good loot. :)

@smileistheway:
"
smileistheway wrote:
I'm here to update my progress with your amazing build. I've been destroying t11 maps with a 4-link...

Gear:

Spoiler

I'm pretty sure the reason of the 4link working so well is the Carcass Jack, I recenlty realized how cheap it is, I got mine for 6 chaos and then spent around 30 orbs to get a 6s.

I also finally found a Tabula Rasa and I'm using it to farm t8,9,10 maps with the Item Rarity gem

For now I'm really trying to find some better gloves, as in with same ammount of resists but with a decent roll on life.

Are jewels important at this point? Should I focus on getting some decent ones? Any recomendations for the real endgame (lvl 85+)?

Thanks in advance!

Nice ot see you again. I don't use jewels but they are strong and you can get 4 jewles slots in this build http://i.imgur.com/Iad40LV.png

Good jewels should have at least 2 good stats:
good:
- increased life
- increased energy shield
- increased lightning damage
- increased elemenal damage
- increased spell damage
- increased Projectile Damage
- increased damage
- cast speed

alright:
- increased elemental resistances
- chance to Shock

bad (dont use):
- increased Projectile Speed

I haven't included jewel in guide because I wanted to keep it easy to follow, make build cheap and not require to sit on poe.trade too long to find good jewel.

I would also stop using mana flask. Unless you run "curse immunity" map it is not needed.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Mar 23, 2016, 3:43:16 AM
added flask section to itemization
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
new video:
[2.2] new: Shipyard - Tier13 map with high damage mods

map mods:
-16% to player max resistances
29% increased monster damage
monster deal 105% extra damage as fire
20% increased attack speed, cast speed, and movement speed.

at 1:00 mark you can see how good is warlord's mark with some mana regen (59 - got it only from tree) at high level. With 160 free mana and 134 mana cost, while not using mana potion, I could cast BL contantly without any problem.
Last edited by kamil1210 on Mar 24, 2016, 3:41:56 AM

I wish it was temporal chain :O But nice enchant anyway.
I am going to try the build with the Spine bow. What would you change? which curses would you run?
Hi, there are ome good lightning build that use voltaxic rift. IT will probably also wok very good with this build.

"
Hypertry wrote:
I am going to try the build with the Spine bow. What would you change? which curses would you run?

Voltaxic Rift convert entire elemental damage to chaos so ele curses are not needed.

Curses that you must use:
1. Warlords Mark

Another almost mandatory curse:
2. Enfeeble

Curses that you have to check and find best for you:
3/4. Temporal Chains - ofc defence
3/4. Poacher's Mark - for frenzy charges and flask charges
3/4. Projectile Weakness - for damage and knockback - with big aoe and stun from Warlord's mark it is cool cure

You also might ry to use vulnerability if you plan to use posion gem but I doubt it will be better than other curses.

_______
EDIT: I had another idea. If you use bow you can have another 5-links so you could try to use it for 5th curse (curse on hit with 3 curses). So you can have all main curse I have mentioned.

Im running 5-curse now and it work very well. I have used +1 curse node in passive tree to be able to cast 5th curse:

Last edited by kamil1210 on Mar 25, 2016, 12:13:04 PM
Thank you for the fast reply. Thought this game wasn't something I would enjoy ever since I started to understand it + this build being detailed. I cannot put it down.
"
Im running 5-curse now and it work very well. I have used +1 curse node in passive tree to be able to cast 5th curse:

Hi!!, im so lucky, i reached lvl 85 and i asking me, What skill point take now?? with 5th curse, what is better??

-keep same 4 curses, and change Doedre's Damning ring for another one (Valako's Sign)??

or

-change artic armour for temporal chains or another curse, i thinking in blasphemy > warlock mark > temporal chain.

Thanks, bye bye.

PS: sorry my english if you dont understand my post, english is not my first languaje.
PS2: my gear at the moment
Spoiler
Last edited by Chris_hueso on Mar 25, 2016, 10:05:24 PM
I think it's quite amazing how well this build plays with only a 4-link as main damage.
"
Chris_hueso wrote:
"

Hi!!, im so lucky, i reached lvl 85 and i asking me, What skill point take now?? with 5th curse, what is better??

-keep same 4 curses, and change Doedre's Damning ring for another one (Valako's Sign)??

or

-change artic armour for temporal chains or another curse, i thinking in blasphemy > warlock mark > temporal chain.

Thanks, bye bye.

PS: sorry my english if you dont understand my post, english is not my first languaje.
PS2: my gear at the moment
Spoiler

Hi, you have very nice items.
Using 5 curse is good If you can have 5 link "curse on hit". Using 2 blasphemy still work well butt is not as good because you lost Herald of Thunder, Arctric armour and you have to use 6 passive points. But if you got enough mana and you will not lost herald it is very good. For 5th curse I would use temporal chains.
If you go for 4 curses with passive node then I would:
- drop doedre's ring and took ring with chaos res.
or
- drop boots and took Seven-League Step Rawhide Boots.

At lvl 85 I would took energy shield or jewel slots because you can put everything you want there. You can try to buy cheap resistances jewels and get chaos resists on gear.

"
Nanouk wrote:
I think it's quite amazing how well this build plays with only a 4-link as main damage.

yea, I am just afraid one day GGG will nerf it. ;)

"
illundreal wrote:

Oh one last bit of information since I was able to get a good amount of ES and go hybrid I took Ghost Reaver and use the warlords mark curse which gives awesome regen for both health (or ES with ghost reaver) and mana. damage.

Like I said I have tested ghost reaver a bit and without high chaos res It did not worked very well for me.
Last edited by kamil1210 on Mar 26, 2016, 5:40:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info