Elementalist - Flameblast Vortex Arc Fire Storm Ice Nova Ball Lightning, strong and cheap vid guide

added leveling guide
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
added gorge run video for 2.1 https://youtu.be/NqfHvpmsFDY

added part about blasphemy
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
sold my 20/20 spell echo while testing new gems, I need to sleep.
Last edited by kamil1210 on Dec 11, 2015, 10:36:44 PM
I always loved lightning spells, I loved playing d2 lightning sorceress, loved ball lightning on d3 demon hunter, so I thought I would give this build a try.

I'm still fairly low level (54) but I have been having a lot of fun with this build, thanks. I just took lightning tindrels from the beginning and it ran me all the way to ball lightning with no problems at all.

After getting ball lightning I just started shredding zones, been a fun ride so far, time to start upgrading gear, I hit the act 4 cruel gear check.

Thanks for putting the time into making this wonderful and very useful guide.
"
dplcaf wrote:
I always loved lightning spells, I loved playing d2 lightning sorceress, loved ball lightning on d3 demon hunter, so I thought I would give this build a try.

I'm still fairly low level (54) but I have been having a lot of fun with this build, thanks. I just took lightning tindrels from the beginning and it ran me all the way to ball lightning with no problems at all.

After getting ball lightning I just started shredding zones, been a fun ride so far, time to start upgrading gear, I hit the act 4 cruel gear check.

Thanks for putting the time into making this wonderful and very useful guide.

Nice to hear that. GL with getting to maps.
Added 6 link for BL and made small other changes in skill gems section.
Hi there,

There's a couple of things I wanted to ask about the tree. I just want to understand the reasoning behind some of the nodes as I am a relatively new player and I want to learn.

To start, why the cast speed nodes vs the elemental damage nodes? You feel this is better? If you feel cast speed is better, then why not start as the shadow? You lose 2% damage, but you gain 3% cast speed and also a base of 12 for the ES.

Also, I don't understand why the build is taking the spell block wheel. It gives 7% spell block chance...which as far as I can tell is extremely negligible. Also, the 40% ES to shield isn't worth that much is it? Why not use those 3 points to get yourself some ES nodes like the Arcane Focus notable or the Foresight notable. I think that would be much more valuable no?

Thanks in advance!

Phailsauce

"
To start, why the cast speed nodes vs the elemental damage nodes? You feel this is better? If you feel cast speed is better, then why not start as the shadow? You lose 2% damage, but you gain 3% cast speed and also a base of 12 for the ES.

Because I wanted to make BL witch build. 3% cast sped compared to 2% damage might be good but not ground breaking. Also I did not knew if I will not need mana regen nodes and if someone feel like thy lack mana regen they can easily get some.
But I will add shadow version to guide.
Damage or cast speed? At one point of game you can find that casting 2 balls (1 cast with spell echo) is enough to kill mobs. So you need cast speed then not damage to faster clear ares, but for harder enemies you will still need to cast multiple balls. Hard to tell if cast speed or damage is better during entire playtime. I took cast speed becasue for me it make leveling more pleasant experience.
"
Also, I don't understand why the build is taking the spell block wheel. It gives 7% spell block chance...which as far as I can tell is extremely negligible. Also, the 40% ES to shield isn't worth that much is it? Why not use those 3 points to get yourself some ES nodes like the Arcane Focus notable or the Foresight notable.

These was 3 last points I took when I was leveling this build. Hard to tell if casting ball 0,05 second faster is better, flask nodes are cool but overhyped imo if you dont use epensive RUMI of ToH, additional endurance charge from tamplar sound very cool. If someone is getting 85+ lvl should know what points take to best tie to his or her items and playstle. I wouldn't call it negligible, it is 30% of normal shield block chance.

If you get good shield 40% es is good. I took 40% only becasue it is on way to block nodes. I was thinking about arcane focus but block work al the time, ES only for first hits.

fixed leveling guide a bit.
added useful unqiues

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info