Elementalist - Flameblast Vortex Arc Fire Storm Ice Nova Ball Lightning, strong and cheap vid guide

As you can see, some modifications. I use herald of thunder as a pretty significant damage booster and a curse applier since Poison counts as a curse. I also use temporal chains over elemental weakness but that might change.
Last edited by xLocke on Mar 20, 2016, 10:13:32 AM
"
xLocke wrote:

As you can see, some modifications. I use herald of thunder as a pretty significant damage booster and a curse applier since Poison counts as a curse. I also use temporal chains over elemental weakness but that might change.

Hi, sorry for late replay.
I cant see your skill tree. You got nice items but I think poison does not count as curse. Also ming's hearth do nothing for lightning ball because you deal lightning not physical damage. I would replace it with rare ring with life roll. Getting life on shield would also be good idea.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Mar 21, 2016, 4:45:02 AM
Hi mate, first i want to thank you for your work here, i started PoE 1 weak ago and failed at my first char at about lvl 30^^ So i started check builds in the forum and on youtube and found your guide. As PoE was 100% new to me, i just followed what you said step by step, always your video on one screen and playing on the other^^

This worked well, i reached lvl 79 now (hope to get 80 today) and doing tier 6 maps atm.
As im not realy used to the trading system, i didnt sell anything untill now, dont realy know what is worth something so i just deal with the chaos i find. Now i got my first ex and dont realy know how to go on with my gear. The dmg still feal great, its like all is onehit, but i start die sometimes since tier 5.
My life is 4250, my shield 1300, i got 150%fire 102%cold 128%lightning and (shame) -60% chaos res.
Maybe you or some other pro player here can tell me what to change next on my gear.
Was thinking about a 6 link but for 1 ex i just get a realy bad one what would make me die even more. So maybe you see a mistake in my gear or someting.

Again thx for your great help/work, im realy happy i found your guide!

(and sry for my bad english, didnt write/speak it for a long time now)

Spoiler
"
Cellerimus wrote:
Hi mate, first i want to thank you for your work here, i started PoE 1 weak ago and failed at my first char at about lvl 30^^ So i started check builds in the forum and on youtube and found your guide. As PoE was 100% new to me, i just followed what you said step by step, always your video on one screen and playing on the other^^
Spoiler

This worked well, i reached lvl 79 now (hope to get 80 today) and doing tier 6 maps atm.
As im not realy used to the trading system, i didnt sell anything untill now, dont realy know what is worth something so i just deal with the chaos i find. Now i got my first ex and dont realy know how to go on with my gear. The dmg still feal great, its like all is onehit, but i start die sometimes since tier 5.
My life is 4250, my shield 1300, i got 150%fire 102%cold 128%lightning and (shame) -60% chaos res.
Maybe you or some other pro player here can tell me what to change next on my gear.
Was thinking about a 6 link but for 1 ex i just get a realy bad one what would make me die even more. So maybe you see a mistake in my gear or someting.

Again thx for your great help/work, im realy happy i found your guide!

(and sry for my bad english, didnt write/speak it for a long time now)

Spoiler

You made very nic progress for a new player, your gear is very good. I'm happy that my guide was helpful.

What will surely help you:

getting better flasks:
use 3 life flask
- 2 with instant heal (very important!), example:

- 1 with anti bleeding - use it when you find mob with 'corrupted blood" mod and you see red dots aroun you, the best would be to have it on not-instant-heal flask

use 1 movement speed flask with adrenaline mod

use 1 granite flask with "of iron skin mod"
- also use ruby/saphipphire/topaz flasks instead of granite in maps where mobs deal additional damage as fire/cold/lightning

Changing elemental weakness to temporal chains
- TC curse slow down enemies so it make mobs much sower to handle.

But remember that even best gear will not save you from death in PoE. There is a lot to learn about game mechanics and monsters to die less often. The best way to get better is to analise every death.

Use arctic armour instead of life leech gem.

- lie leech dont work with decoy totem becasue it deal 0 damage
- AA will give more defense than life leech on herald of thunder
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Mar 22, 2016, 5:16:27 AM
Hey just wanted to say thanks for this build guide. I've been playing this build in PHC since the league started, currently 81 and loving it. Tears through maps, I have 3k ES and 4k hp and deal a ton of damage with only a 4L. I deferred from the guide a little, I went elementalist and only use 3 curses but it works great!
"
illundreal wrote:
Hey just wanted to say thanks for this build guide. I've been playing this build in PHC since the league started, currently 81 and loving it. Tears through maps, I have 3k ES and 4k hp and deal a ton of damage with only a 4L. I deferred from the guide a little, I went elementalist and only use 3 curses but it works great!

Thanks for kind words. I'm happy that my build helps people :)

I'm not surprised that this build work with 3 curses becase it used 3 curses before Ascendancy and was also very strong.

Could you write what ascendancy points did you take in your build? I might add section for Elementalists in guide later?

I think taking Pendulum of destruction and Beacon of ruins would work very good.

Last edited by kamil1210 on Mar 22, 2016, 3:23:15 PM

Im doing maps today and I have went from map t6 to t12 in 5 maps :D

6-> 7 > 9 -> 10 -> 10 -> 12
Last edited by kamil1210 on Mar 22, 2016, 6:16:25 PM
"
kamil1210 wrote:
"
illundreal wrote:

Thanks for kind words. I'm happy that my build helps people :)

I'm not surprised that this build work with 3 curses becase it used 3 curses before Ascendancy and was also very strong.

Could you write what ascendancy points did you take in your build? I might add section for Elementalists in guide later?

I think taking Pendulum of destruction and Beacon of ruins would work very good.

I started with pendulum of destruction and then went for shaper of desolation (which is crazy strong). I currently haven't even bothered with my last 2 points to be honest for the following reasons
1. beacon of ruin is decent but the AoE of ball lightning and the amount of times it hits is so frequent I don't think there's much value in spreading your status effects. Shaper of desolation is up almost all the time so every ball is igniting and shocking so spreading them didn't seem worth it to me. I may be wrong here.
2. Liege of the primordial seems incredibly strong... if there was a lightning golem. I really really wish there was because it would make this build crazy strong. Unfortunately I'm just using chaos golem so I haven't bothered investing points down that road
3. Paragon of Calamity is where I'm currently leaning towards putting my last 2 points since I'm a HC player and 8% less damage from elements seems okay but not very exciting.

Also in my build I took Elemental overload which works well since this build doesn't really focus on crit. With the decent attack speed from spell echo (and possibly faster casting) you should keep overload up a good amount of time. Especially combined with pendulum and shock charges. It also lets the player add controlled destruction for a very nice damage boost with very little drawback if you aren't focusing on a crit build.

Oh one last bit of information since I was able to get a good amount of ES and go hybrid I took Ghost Reaver and use the warlords mark curse which gives awesome regen for both health (or ES with ghost reaver) and mana.

Let me know if you have any other questions!
I'm here to update my progress with your amazing build. I've been destroying t11 maps with a 4-link...

Gear:

Spoiler

I'm pretty sure the reason of the 4link working so well is the Carcass Jack, I recenlty realized how cheap it is, I got mine for 6 chaos and then spent around 30 orbs to get a 6s.

I also finally found a Tabula Rasa and I'm using it to farm t8,9,10 maps with the Item Rarity gem

For now I'm really trying to find some better gloves, as in with same ammount of resists but with a decent roll on life.

Are jewels important at this point? Should I focus on getting some decent ones? Any recomendations for the real endgame (lvl 85+)?

Thanks in advance!
Hello!

I'm currently only level 43 but I already have Deoedre's Scorn since I found it on another character. Do you think it's better to wait and equip it at a later stage when my resists are more stable?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info