[2.3] Explosive Arrow Build - Uber viable - 100 hc/sc proof - Scion, Witch, Duelist, Mara versions

"
J0hn_L wrote:
So if you continue to fire EA past 5 shots does it not work the same as if you shoot 5 stacks and stop?

Just curious...

When we look on the text quoted on the gem it says: "Fires an arrow which acts as a short duration fuse. Applying additional arrows to an enemy extends the duration.".

Endless nonstop attacking on a mob mob would result in an endless fuse timer what results in 0 damageoutput. So your ideal damageoutput is stack 5 fuses ... wait ... stack 5 fuses ... an so on. But that's just the case when you stand in open terrain. Another good damage option is standing beside a wall or other object where the fuses can explode and then you can fire without stopping (don't knkow why the fuses doesn't stack endlessly on walls).
I still don't understand how does elem equilibrium work in 2.2 update
With first fire damage it grants +25% res (not - 50%), isn't it?
Am i missed smth?
"
KenjiMinami wrote:
Am i missed smth?

The initial shot will grant -50% if you have some +lightning or +cold dmg on gear, which is why you need that. When the explosion goes off, the mob gets the increased fire res.. but the mobs rarely survive that. If they do and you happened to ignite them, hit them again and you will again apply the -fire res buff which will become noticeable as the burn degen will dramatically increase.
"
xodrul wrote:
"
KenjiMinami wrote:
Am i missed smth?

The initial shot will grant -50% if you have some +lightning or +cold dmg on gear, which is why you need that. When the explosion goes off, the mob gets the increased fire res.. but the mobs rarely survive that. If they do and you happened to ignite them, hit them again and you will again apply the -fire res buff which will become noticeable as the burn degen will dramatically increase.

This. Also, the reason to use a curse on hit setup like rain of arrow so you can apply EE to magical packs and rare/unique monsters behind a pack.
Hello guys. Will Mokou's Embrace Ruby Ring work with this build? +10% chance to ignite and+25% to fire damage look's cool.
"
spirit192 wrote:
Hello guys. Will Mokou's Embrace Ruby Ring work with this build? +10% chance to ignite and+25% to fire damage look's cool.

Not worth the ring slot. You dont need more % chance to ignite on either your aoe bow or your singletarget bow. The fire damage isnt bad, but it's not even close to enough to be worth it.

It would be nice for leveling though, if you are leveling with a fire damage gem of some sort.
"
Kelyus wrote:
"
spirit192 wrote:

Not worth the ring slot. You dont need more % chance to ignite on either your aoe bow or your singletarget bow. The fire damage isnt bad, but it's not even close to enough to be worth it.

It would be nice for leveling though, if you are leveling with a fire damage gem of some sort.

Thx for answer
What is your opinion on the Tireless cluster? Increased HP and reduced mana. Playing on PHC
Hello i was just wondering why did u skip the 10% increased aoe + 10%inc aoe dmg for scion build, its right next to the start and it only wastes 1 point? is increased aoe not that important? Gonna try this build in hc since i just got 6s quill rain :)
"
ZibeG wrote:
Hello i was just wondering why did u skip the 10% increased aoe + 10%inc aoe dmg for scion build, its right next to the start and it only wastes 1 point? is increased aoe not that important? Gonna try this build in hc since i just got 6s quill rain :)

I think it's just a matter of preference.. I was specced into the aoe nodes in witch area for a while and didn't notice any difference in clear speed when I respecced out of them. The aoe setup with inc aoe gem is sufficient imo.. I'd rather put those point in more life/armor/damage. I ended up going into duelist area for the life and damage. Just my opinion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info