[2.3] Explosive Arrow Build - Uber viable - 100 hc/sc proof - Scion, Witch, Duelist, Mara versions

"
TinCanSailor wrote:
Hey guys, might be a dumb question...but when you attack do you individually click each time to shoot or hold a button. If i hold the button, the attacks are much much faster, but the fuses never go off. The opposite is true for single click spamming.

You hold the explosive arrow, firing off 3-4 shots, then you fire off one rain of arrows and run to next group. They will explode or burn. If you have problems in getting bosses to burn you can always use "chance to ignite" instead of "increased area effect".

Has anyone done this in HC this league? Would love to hear some tips :D
Just hit 76 and this build is running great. Spec'd into Raider. Does the onslaught "aura" appear at full charges, or show at the top of the screen? Or is it just implied that you have it when on full charges?
"
Raggon wrote:

I have. Started playing a duelist(champion) in the beginning of the season. I got to level 98 before I died a few days ago. Note to self: Volatile and -maks res is bad. I can definitely say that duelist is a good and safe choice if you want to play in hardcore.

This is the most fun I've ever had while playing POE so far. The only real danger you will ever face, if you play well, is ele reflect when you get to the gear level and damage that I am at right now. Most of the time you will survive fine with your fire res flask, but if you forget to use it, you will most likely drop to 10-30% hp, depending on pack size. Might even kill yourself with it.

The overall survival with fortify and the specc's hp and defence amount is insane. So go for this if you want to play EA on hc.

Currently leveling a Scion to see the difference between scion and duelist. When/if I end up ripping on the scion, I'll level a marauder. Gotta test em all.

The only realy good tip I can give is that you get yourself a singletarget 5 link bow asap (after the 5 link aoe bow ofc). It will help SO SO much with singletarget boss killing. You just have to start and try stuff out. The learning curve is not super big.

stats:
Spoiler
Offence
Spoiler

Defence: have 20% more movement speed, SS was taken in town.
Spoiler

Misc
Spoiler

Charges
Spoiler

Gear: had a 6 link bow, but I vaaled it when I died, the bow died aswell. Last gem was life leech.
Spoiler

Flasks:
Spoiler

Jewels: I was not very lucky with my exalts on the jewels..
Spoiler

specc:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQDAQHcBLMGDgn2C2EMXw48FCAUTRRxGFYYkRkuGjgaPhynHNwlvCcvJ-0o-ikuLJQ1kjpSOtg64TwFPC09_EGHRZ1G10d-SshN41BHU1JTpVZIVw1YY1nzXzlfP2IXY_1lTWZUaGVodGjybqpvO3GFcg92rHfjeA165nvUfLiCB4KbgseDX4PMhJSE2YV7iXGK8IzPjxqQVZitmjua4Jstn9-iAKZXpwipbq2Nr2ywq7Xytz64k7yfvTa-p8AawGbEgsT2xq7PftIh1HzYJNi92WHZfNpi20_fv-DD6-7sOOxc7w7vfPAf8azyL_JB8kXzm_ZI-ej8S_4K_o8=
"
Kelyus wrote:
"
Raggon wrote:

I have. Started playing a duelist(champion) in the beginning of the season. I got to level 98 before I died a few days ago. Note to self: Volatile and -maks res is bad. I can definitely say that duelist is a good and safe choice if you want to play in hardcore.

This is the most fun I've ever had while playing POE so far. The only real danger you will ever face, if you play well, is ele reflect when you get to the gear level and damage that I am at right now. Most of the time you will survive fine with your fire res flask, but if you forget to use it, you will most likely drop to 10-30% hp, depending on pack size. Might even kill yourself with it.

The overall survival with fortify and the specc's hp and defence amount is insane. So go for this if you want to play EA on hc.

Currently leveling a Scion to see the difference between scion and duelist. When/if I end up ripping on the scion, I'll level a marauder. Gotta test em all.

The only realy good tip I can give is that you get yourself a singletarget 5 link bow asap (after the 5 link aoe bow ofc). It will help SO SO much with singletarget boss killing. You just have to start and try stuff out. The learning curve is not super big.

stats:
Spoiler
Offence
Spoiler

Defence: have 20% more movement speed, SS was taken in town.
Spoiler

Misc
Spoiler

Charges
Spoiler

Gear: had a 6 link bow, but I vaaled it when I died, the bow died aswell. Last gem was life leech.
Spoiler

Flasks:
Spoiler

Jewels: I was not very lucky with my exalts on the jewels..
Spoiler

specc:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQDAQHcBLMGDgn2C2EMXw48FCAUTRRxGFYYkRkuGjgaPhynHNwlvCcvJ-0o-ikuLJQ1kjpSOtg64TwFPC09_EGHRZ1G10d-SshN41BHU1JTpVZIVw1YY1nzXzlfP2IXY_1lTWZUaGVodGjybqpvO3GFcg92rHfjeA165nvUfLiCB4KbgseDX4PMhJSE2YV7iXGK8IzPjxqQVZitmjua4Jstn9-iAKZXpwipbq2Nr2ywq7Xytz64k7yfvTa-p8AawGbEgsT2xq7PftIh1HzYJNi92WHZfNpi20_fv-DD6-7sOOxc7w7vfPAf8azyL_JB8kXzm_ZI-ej8S_4K_o8=

Huh interesting thanks. Have you considered dropping one the uniques and running essence worm purity of fire? To solve the resist issue
The ele reflect is only bad whenever I forget my fire potion. And even without it, I still never actually died from it. The health amount + fortify means you technically should not need purity of fire. And the uniques are, in my opinion, way to good to live without. You get used to a certain amount of movement/attack speed and overall dmg with the uniques I am using. Dropping one of them would feel weird.
This is an awesome build. I'm having lots of fun with it, and I killed Atziri for the first time with this build. I had like 6.6k hp, but she was pretty easy even with that much hp.
We're all just walkin' through this darkness on our own.
Last edited by Constraint on Apr 8, 2016, 8:51:41 PM
Just finished killing Atziri for the first time this league (kind of late I know, this was like my third or fourth build lol).

Anyway, this was my gear when I killed her:

Atziri Gear

and my tree

It was relatively easy, I died a couple times on Trio because I fucked up and killed the cycloner second instead of the dual-striker, and once to Atziri because I wasn't paying attention and shot off some arrows on her mirror clone, but other than that it was really easy. I even ate a few flameblasts to the face without much trouble, maybe dropped to half a couple times. As long as you avoid her double flameblast and don't stand in too many storm calls and stuff it should be an absolute breeze.
"
malarix1222 wrote:
Just finished killing Atziri for the first time this league (kind of late I know, this was like my third or fourth build lol).

Anyway, this was my gear when I killed her:

Atziri Gear

and my tree

It was relatively easy, I died a couple times on Trio because I fucked up and killed the cycloner second instead of the dual-striker, and once to Atziri because I wasn't paying attention and shot off some arrows on her mirror clone, but other than that it was really easy. I even ate a few flameblasts to the face without much trouble, maybe dropped to half a couple times. As long as you avoid her double flameblast and don't stand in too many storm calls and stuff it should be an absolute breeze.

Grats.. I made the same mistake my first time with the trio too and left the dual striker last, he can be a real bitch.
What do you use for single target?
"
xodrul wrote:

Grats.. I made the same mistake my first time with the trio too and left the dual striker last, he can be a real bitch.
What do you use for single target?

Against Vaals I used this setup

and against Atziri and Trios I did basically my aoe setup with conc effect in place of increased aoe, since ignite obviously doesn't matter (same AFAIK against Trio once they are enraged), which is EA - GMP - Conc - Fire Pen - Less Duration

Going without GMP *may* be a good idea only because sometimes you accidentally light up the mirror clone if you're not paying good enough attention.
Last edited by malarix1222 on Apr 10, 2016, 9:28:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info