My Problem with the community as a Theorycrafter/Guide maker

Reddit is garbage.
"

But to bring it back to the very original point -- if you're going to brave the public sphere, you better be fucking sure what you've got is the goods.

This.

For God's sake, this is the internet, nevermind the web-cult that is Reddit. This is not your 5th grade science fair. No one cares about your generic half-working 8 inch tall volcano. If your build isn't "tops", don't post a guide to it with any expectations of warm welcome and applause...especially in Reddit.

Christ, people and their insecurities and hurt egos... /grumbles
Prylos // RoA Marauder 89+

My godly belt collection - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/334226
Mapping Discussion - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/361880/page/1
This thread is a smear where a dead horse used to be, and it seems each new random passerby is strangely compelled to grab his club and take a couple whacks at the smear before moving on.

Enough is enough. If he doesn't see your point yet, repeating it won't help.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.

Let's make as much use of it and then abandon it m-mayby?
Burn all the orbs!
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
This thread is a smear where a dead horse used to be, and it seems each new random passerby is strangely compelled to grab his club and take a couple whacks at the smear before moving on.

Enough is enough. If he doesn't see your point yet, repeating it won't help.

It's not about helping, it's about having fun. Schadenfreude, such a nice word :P

I initially meant well, but then I actually saw the guy's guides and noticed a slight discrepancy between game knowledge and gear level and, well... lots of fun to be had :)

The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
I looked at your Ice crash build OP and I will give you some harsh criticism (so get ready for it)

Nr 1 thing and the main issue with your build is that it's not efficient. I am looking at your items and you have about 25k ex worth of items .The fact you barely have 33k with that stuff is laughable. A lazy pally build with 2-3 ex worth of stuff can achieve that. Players want fun builds, but they also want efficiency.

Nr 2 is the skill tree which has 0 explanation on what path to follow and I quote '' like, honestly, a monkey could do this'' is not professional statement for a guide , it just sounds like a 15 years old too bored to give any explanation.

Nr 3 issue is the jewels lack of examples.''Jewels

Anything with crit, cold skills crit, and attack speed is a +, nothing specific when it comes to unique jewels... I would link mine to you guys, but the thing is, its late here, and chrome is eating my Ram like i eat Mcdonalds, hungrily.

Small little notes with my gear/build

You may lack strength, so take a few +10 nodes while levelling, or one +30 (perhaps the one near the witch)''

You should be showing pictures with the types of gems you use so new players can see the synergy, not everyone is hardcore and your explanation on why you would not link yours just makes it look as if you rushed to do this guide to get popularity instead of providing help.

Point nr 4 ''
Atziri is a bitch with this build, for a few reasons... well, only one... Not enough tankiness when it comes to the magic mobs... ikr, unbelieveable :( BUT, maps are 100000x easier, guaranteed!

Act 4 (Mainly Malachai) Is a bit tedious, normal is okay, but cruel is :( because of the lack of damage i had, might be different for you, who knows!
''

Ok so you have a 26 ex build that cannot build Atziri, let's overlook that factor even though it's pretty important, but then you say map are easier without giving videos of you making hard mod maps or showing which mods are your weakness (that is pretty mandatory and you should know it if you researched your build). Then you say that malachai normal is tedious but cruel could be really annoying due to lack of damage. 26 ex build and you lack damage for cruel malachai. I will let you figure out what is the issue with that.

Last point I have to make ''Video coming soon, hopefully i wont be a cock like in my bloodlusting marauder and rip 20000 times on cam, fuqdatshit'' the fact you would rip often with such an expensive build shows your lack of experience on your own build, let alone on your ability to present it to other people.

So why are people mean to you? Because the build is not optimal at all and very beginner unfriendly
@andreicide: the guy's builds were apparently good enough to farm all that gear and to get multiple shavs, mjolner and mirror drops according to his signature, what more could we possibly want? :D
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Bars wrote:
@andreicide: the guy's builds were apparently good enough to farm all that gear and to get multiple shavs, mjolner and mirror drops according to his signature, what more could we possibly want? :D

true, I'll totally farm mjolnir with my crippled failed attempt unique blood mage fire totem scion with 2k hp. I should make a build on it even though it can take up to 200 hp per totem and it can get 1 shot by most mobs sneezing, but it will a little bit more ''unique'' :D. On a serious note, even though I am horrible at making my own poe build, I know what works and what doesn't since I played other games where I did do super well and invented my own builds (and created guides on it which changed the whole meta) and without specific pointers or an effective build, people will butcher you.
"
andreicde wrote:
I looked at your Ice crash build OP and I will give you some harsh criticism (so get ready for it)

Nr 1 thing and the main issue with your build is that it's not efficient. I am looking at your items and you have about 25k ex worth of items .The fact you barely have 33k with that stuff is laughable. A lazy pally build with 2-3 ex worth of stuff can achieve that. Players want fun builds, but they also want efficiency.

Nr 2 is the skill tree which has 0 explanation on what path to follow and I quote '' like, honestly, a monkey could do this'' is not professional statement for a guide , it just sounds like a 15 years old too bored to give any explanation.

Nr 3 issue is the jewels lack of examples.''Jewels

Anything with crit, cold skills crit, and attack speed is a +, nothing specific when it comes to unique jewels... I would link mine to you guys, but the thing is, its late here, and chrome is eating my Ram like i eat Mcdonalds, hungrily.

Small little notes with my gear/build

You may lack strength, so take a few +10 nodes while levelling, or one +30 (perhaps the one near the witch)''

You should be showing pictures with the types of gems you use so new players can see the synergy, not everyone is hardcore and your explanation on why you would not link yours just makes it look as if you rushed to do this guide to get popularity instead of providing help.

Point nr 4 ''
Atziri is a bitch with this build, for a few reasons... well, only one... Not enough tankiness when it comes to the magic mobs... ikr, unbelieveable :( BUT, maps are 100000x easier, guaranteed!

Act 4 (Mainly Malachai) Is a bit tedious, normal is okay, but cruel is :( because of the lack of damage i had, might be different for you, who knows!
''

Ok so you have a 26 ex build that cannot build Atziri, let's overlook that factor even though it's pretty important, but then you say map are easier without giving videos of you making hard mod maps or showing which mods are your weakness (that is pretty mandatory and you should know it if you researched your build). Then you say that malachai normal is tedious but cruel could be really annoying due to lack of damage. 26 ex build and you lack damage for cruel malachai. I will let you figure out what is the issue with that.

Last point I have to make ''Video coming soon, hopefully i wont be a cock like in my bloodlusting marauder and rip 20000 times on cam, fuqdatshit'' the fact you would rip often with such an expensive build shows your lack of experience on your own build, let alone on your ability to present it to other people.

So why are people mean to you? Because the build is not optimal at all and very beginner unfriendly

This.
One of the useless thread i had to read in 2 years in this game. OP doesn't even know 50% of the game and wanna tell us he is a theorycrafter. Yes Reedit community is trash and rude, but when u don't post good builds, u don't get good feedbacks, all randoms on reedit or whatever are not rude for free, thats just not true, Stop constantly remain in denial about yourself OP.
It very nice from you to think about the community with your builds, but im not sure about that, i think u like when ppl say ur job is nice even if it's not entirely true, its shown by your way too emotive answers about that...
So yes better ignore it and don't even try to think what's wrong with your clues about the game ? I don't think so. Try to create builds in more than 5 mins maybe and gives vidéos about high level and what content is possible ? None of these things appears sadly.
A good theorycrafter knows about 90% at least about the game. I play this game since 2 years, lvled maybe more than 20 characters myself without anyhelp past lvl 90 and i don't describe myself for a theorycrafter ...

"
and I'm somewhat a theorycrafter, and someone who loves making build guides for the community.

Nope, u are maybe someone nice, i don't know, but u are far from being a theorycrafter, very far mate. U love make builds for ppl, but it doesn't makes u a theorycrafter, it make u someone cool who create builds no more.

You should read the real definition of what is a theorycrafter, and watch REALS theorycrafters in this game, u will maybe see the world between u and them :).
Pas ici pour rendre service ;).
Un jeu avec autant de qualités que de défauts, malheureusement ignorés et soutenus par une marée de supporters nolifes sans aucune objectivité.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info