Unique and Divination Card Drop Rate Changes in 2.0.3

After reading all of these posts I can say I agree with the people complaining/expressing their concern for the leagues as if someone was to drop a Mjöllnir they would have a greater advantage than most, but I only play Standard, and though I only have around 1k hours played I too have never seen any T1 drop, for me or anybody else.

I'll be ecstatic if/when I see a T1 drop, for me or anybody else. This is the excitement that is needed in this game.
Please don't try to tell me you won't be happy to see a Shavs sitting on the ground. You know you've made money if you see it, or opened up a build opportunity if you're self-found. You will be happy about it either way, so please curb your anger now and enjoy the future.

Regarding the players saying they will quit the game - go quit, if you don't enjoy playing the game and you don't enjoy the updates GGG brings to you, why would you play PoE? It's not hard logic. And to be honest, the game could probably use less people like you playing their game, corrupting the forums with these comments. I welcome new players with open arms and hope they too can find the happiness you 'used to have'. In the meantime, enjoy your already found/purchased T1 and endgame gear.

All games like PoE are a grind in some way, whether it's for maps or gear. T1 uniques will never drop at the same rate as D3 endgame gear so please stop making this silly reference.

Thanks for the increased opportunity to fulfill my hopes of having a Shavs GGG :)

Last edited by WolvesCreed on Sep 2, 2015, 8:45:49 AM
This update will be installed tomorrow?
Ign: Rezev
i think now it's time for a IIR Build
"
Chris wrote:
Increasing the drop rates in this way means that more players will get to play builds that were previously gated behind trade wealth.

Seems a direct hit to the flippers and a gift to those actually playing the game.
Maybe it's time for me to donate another 20$ to ggg.

Keep those GOOD patches coming
Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]
Whoot!!! finally for me a chance to find some decent loot i can use! (=very unlucky dude) xD

So can't wait for this ^^
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
yesterday I chanced a unique strongbox....true story!
Glowing green mouse cursor plz.
I'm not totally on board with the increased drop rates, even having only found one T1 in thousands of hours of play (Shavs). I have never had any issue actually getting T1 items via trading for enabling builds. I personally find the idea of more T1s dropping a bit disappointing, as I much prefer the borderline mythical current T1 drop rates. It is an absolutely unforgettable experience dropping a major T1 after thousands of hours just due to the sheer rarity of them.

I get that they want more people to have access to build-enabling uniques (no objections here really) and that my view of having comically rare item drops is in the minority, but reducing the rarity of chase uniques somewhat reduces my motivation to farm, as I doubt I will get the same rush when one does drop (though I know it will really stimulate most others to farm more).

Whatever the case, I'll be interested to see how this plays out in the in-game economy, as well as on the player retention front. Making these changes between leagues would certainly have been appreciated, though, as it really throws a spanner into the already wonky WB economy.
Last edited by Funkdubious on Sep 2, 2015, 1:07:49 PM
Not sure what's the fuss about, 4 times more likely it's still fucking impossible for 95%+ of the player base, especially if one finds doing cookie cutter MF builds boring. It's like announcing that the millionaire's club is giving away free bjobs 4 times as often - but you're not invited anyway!

To reiterate, NO YOU ARE NOT GETTING A T1 UNIQUE IN THIS LIFE TIME, so stop drooling and wipe the keyboard!
IGN: AlCohonez, GhengizCohen
Last edited by piotras on Sep 2, 2015, 4:05:50 PM
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Increasing the drop rates in this way means that more players will get to play builds that were previously gated behind trade wealth.

It's the content that is gated behind trade wealth, Chris.

Drops were RNG, while that RNG could be overcome with trade wealth, it could also be countered with time, or left to what it is, luck, that wasn't bad, that didn't need fixing, that was about as 'aRPG' as this game gets.

Content access and progression is pretty much hard gated behind trade wealth, that is about as far from 'aRPG' as this game gets.

These changes to T1 drops while leaving mapping in the mess it is just tells how little clue GGG have.

What now? Running around in mundane content with more T1 uniques?

/FailFish

amen

real problems = access to endgame, access to crafting. Fixes? Nope.

problems that exist in peoples head = I need a shavs. Fixes? Fix that exists in peoples head, 4x drop rate. Well after 8k hours played without a shavs drop Im really looking forward to the next 2k hours without having a shavs drop, is that how the maths works out?

Thats one of the worest patches i`ve ever seen so far in PathOfExile 4Time more Shavs+Windripper and shit are you drunk or what that items are Rare because their so fucking strong now everyone can get it one and the game will be full facerole what next SetItems for OpieOP Builds ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info