Unique and Divination Card Drop Rate Changes in 2.0.3

"
Tzaina wrote:
with a 9 - 5(Dolly "pattyPatty" Party) work, and i manage to maintan this gear level.

The amount of hours you work is irrelevant. What matters is the amount of hours you put into the game, if you do it on a daily basis and at what point of the leagues do you start playing.
"
brutalrazial wrote:

Why the name Grinding Gear Games?

You grind for gear in our games.

People have been grinding for 3k hours without finding anything. That is oldschool 00's korean MMO models.

Edit: I didn't realize I had just made a post.. Sorry about double

Edit 2:

"
Vhlad wrote:
It should be 20x greater drop frequency for T1 uniques. I don't play temp leagues because I'm still working on my standard characters. After 2.5 years and 1000's of hours in standard, it's clear that I'll never get anything close to gear/build completion in a 4 month league. Unfortunate really, because I think I would enjoy the temp leagues.

See. That is what a lot of people are missing. The game currently follows a model of releasing temporary leagues every 4 months. The old 2013-ish drop rate philosophy needs to go.

Edit 3:

"
camapngu133 wrote:

Wrong
"
12. What is the level cap?
A level cap of 100 is currently planned, but players will find that they level up more slowly as they gain experience. You'll need to be very high level and be very well-geared to contend with the end game content on the hardest difficulty level. These diminishing returns mean that the game doesn't suddenly end when the player hits some arbitrary point. If a player wanted, they could improve a single character for years on end.

https://www.pathofexile.com/faq

Your logic fails when you ignore the fact that those items are not BIS and that most of them are just build enablers. They the the most powerful "basic" items, if you consider a basic being an item that is required for you to start improving other aspects of your character around that item (i.e. "improve a character for years").

For example I have a Shavs ring in standard. By itself it is not the greatest item ever and you need to constantly improve your other pieces of gear to make your character better.

Edit 4 (there is a lot of interesting comments!):

"
xsargosss wrote:
seriously guys ? prices dropped like 3-4 times already for last few months and 4 times drop rate gonna put even low value stuff already to trash

Your profile says you have a character in standard league so perhaps you are only considering a saturated market of a permanent league.
Last edited by Hogaric on Sep 2, 2015, 4:23:35 AM
Man i was an acolyte of denial for a long time. I thougt still seeing this little spark of gaming ideology shimmering behind the curtains of GGGs Studios.
You pissed on this little bonfire over and over again and now you finally managed to put it out.
Well done!

Hey another good idea : PoE mobile version. $I smell moneyz$
Last edited by Nurgus on Sep 2, 2015, 4:49:42 AM
"
Chris wrote:
All rare and super-rare Unique items now drop four times as often as they previously did. Yes, this means that four times as many Mjölners or Shavronne's Wrappings will now drop.

Could we get a list of the rare and super-rare uniques that will have their droprates buffed? Bino's Kitchen knife is very rare in my opinion as you typically can't get it for less than 5 exalts, and 5 exalts is just too far out of my price range, would like to see it drop to 1 - 3 exalts.

Also looking forwards to seeing Mjolner drop to around 7 - 8 exalts. Then maybe I can one day sell a ton of gear and buy one.

Will need to chance an agate first however.
Player since closed beta 2012. Full system specs: https://pastebin.com/c4rvbvSR
'Tongueslurp the Unspeakable' - skeleton archer in Fellshrine Merciless
This is a step in the right direction imo.

I play PoE because of the skill gems and how they are effected by support gems, and how this can be effected by the passive tree. The possibilities found from making builds and trying new combinations.... (Well this is what got me hooked on PoE years ago).

Finding better gear along the way +1
Even if the odds are never in my favor.

I'd play PoE more if it wasn't about just Grinding for Gear (it's ok to rewarded us for time spent playing with worthy items), especially when we want to use this gear to make an army of characters that offer different and unique experiences, (this is what I grind for, the experience) because it's always the same content, I just don't approach it the same way.

I might hit 100 eventually, might not. So what either way.

GGG Break the builds and nerf the t1 unique everyone wants. Piss off the economy player playerbase and rip characters to standard with stupid one shot mechanics but don't let the game get stale.

When risk = reward and to a great extent time = reward it's hard to say the game feels stale.

More time playing for your own gear and less time going bug eyed looking at trade chat +1

The world is full of stories, and from time to time they permit themselves to be told.
Making T1's easier to farm is dangerous. Less people will farm extensive and loose interest in the game. Loads of people are farming to get those T1's in one way or the other. In my opinion killing your own income is a very bad idea.

I had a very large friend-list. Many of them stopped playing the game due to excessive nerves and the idea's GGG introduces in the game that no one asked for. I'm still looting a lot, but less then before since the last tree introduced. Here's a thought: "There was no need to remove Eternals. Mirror's are the "problem"!"

The game was already pretty balanced. It's impossible to create a well-balanced game, 'cause. people will always find a way to make things OP. Personally I enjoyed the 1.3 tree way more then this tree. It's even easier to create an OP build with less items. These are things you guys introduced yourself. When can we expect the next nerf?

Let the people play the game as it is and focus on more important things like a stable network, servers, better map-layouts, better GUI, next-gen-graphics, etc. There are so many things that can be improved, but you seem like to lure people back with a cheap strategy.

GGG, you are killing yourself the way it is going.
Last edited by HydraNL on Sep 2, 2015, 5:58:01 AM
Imagine that I'm playing this game for almost 3 years, try to imagine how long did it took for me to get my hands on T1 uniqs and the most expensive builds at once. First 8 months w/o a single exa or uniq drop. But I didn't gave up and kept farming. Right now I've 1k exa worth items in my stash and I can't sell them atm because I just don't have time -> work etc. Can you please my dear GGG tell me how much will I get for my items and effort that I had to put into getting them after your great patch ? I'm afraid that when I will finally have a free week from work and will be able to sell my stuff (might be in month or two) I will get around 50 exa for all of them. Be fair against ppl. Like I said, item's dropped with prices as hell already, some are 5 times cheapper than it was few months ago. now you just want to make all of them easy obtainable for everyone. The only items that will keep on price are crafted ones and soon ppl will start complaining that they can't have them coz they're too expensive. so what will you do ? increase mirror and exalted orb drop rate ??
"
HydraNL wrote:
Many of them stopped playing the game due to excessive nerves

Well that's a first, excessive boredom, yeah, but the game hardly has me on tenterhooks.
Casually casual.

I wonder who this patch is targeting. The more casual players who complains about low drop rate still wont be able to get T1 uniques, same with self found players. The game economy is just gonna get screwed even more. Rip
lol Too many casual quit the bandwagon this league with the shitty economy(chaos:exalt ratio) and the increase in rarity of goog unique !

I think they want people to come back to the game :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info