Developer Q&A: 187 Questions Answered!

"
I'm actually doing a 20 minute talk on this at the New Zealand Game Developers' Conference next month..

I would love to see this. Any chance they put recorded videos up for later viewing online? (as some software conferences I've been to here locally have done).
Designer of The Broken Crown
Designer of The Sigil Divination Card
https://www.reddit.com/user/ThisIsABuff/
dammit, my question wasn't answered :(

but come on... how many tacos will it cost me to get the lion pet?
Last edited by BonumNox on Aug 27, 2015, 4:28:22 AM
"
I know this would be a huge job with re-writing etc, but will you ever consider re-doing some of the engine to take advantage of DX10-12, and not strictly stick to DX9?
Has this ever been a topic internally that you actually considered?

This is something we've been discussing internally, but it's a huge task. We need to continue to support DirectX 9 because of the Windows XP users, so a port to DX11 would be an optional version that people with more recent operating systems can use.

Why would you consider Direct X 11 support and not Direct X 12? Millions of Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 users have taken Microsoft up on their free upgrade to Windows 10 offer greatly reducing the number of Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 users. Direct X 12 is supported at feature level 11_0 on numerous video cards that are up to 5 years old!*

I can understand that Direct X 11 would be easier to develop for as it's less low-level technology (Or maybe you like Vista users), so if that's the reason, than okay.

Geforce 400 series and mobile variants
Geforce 500 series and mobile variants
Geforce 600 series and mobile variants
Geforce 700 series and mobile variants
Geforce 900 series and mobile variants

Man, that's a fuck ton of video cards released by Nvidia in only a 5 year time span, more are expected from them next year too. AMD has been very busy as well but I'm less familiar with their stuff.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Aug 27, 2015, 4:29:42 AM
"
Kaw wrote:
Or you get more valueable rares as a MF farmer while actually being able to play the content, instead of grinding your ass of for one of the lowest currency orbs in the game and selling at the vendor for 30% of your play time.

Right, and I recognize that but this game's already behind a pretty thick wall of RNG at times. If you go on a streak of unsellable rares under your proposed system, you end up falling further behind as a net result if the shard value isn't adjusted appropriately.

Furthermore, if there are consistently more "valuable" rares in the market, it actually means that those rares are less valuable since the supply of good items is higher. So while I understand your perspective, it's actually the plethora of crap items that makes the good items actually have value in the first place.

Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
was it intentional to make the number 187?

I guesss people from the U.S.A. know what I mean.

anyhow: thx for the cool Q&A !
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Thanks for taking the time to answer all these questions, it's much appreciated.

Hope you and the entire team are well!
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

Read 10+ Questions about CI

Did I miss any statement to that? :(
"
Chris wrote:
People can see items that are equipped on characters that don't have privacy options set, but they cannot see items in the stashes or inventories.

Thats not correct; the inventory of any given char can be requested without any valid login. Would have to check about the impact of privacy options for such requests to be sure on the other statement...
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
People can see items that are equipped on characters that don't have privacy options set, but they cannot see items in the stashes or inventories.

Thats not correct; the inventory of any given char can be requested without any valid login. Would have to check about the impact of privacy options for such requests to be sure on the other statement...

How? What's the way to do this? We can't work it out and can't find anyone doing it.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Can you make the Hideout Lush somewhat spacier? Lush is a nice looking and popular HO, but it's kind of a worse choice than the others because people can not put too many stuffs there.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info