Developer Q&A: 187 Questions Answered!

"
vio wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
We frequently see the suggestion that the stack sizes of the cards should be increased and the cards should individually drop less frequently.

shouldn't this be "more"?

Um yep, I'll edit.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Thank you for replying my question Chris!

Edit: My question was about the rare drop chance and their quality in end game mapping.
My intention wasn't to make them more rare @ the start of the game. That part feels very balanced and I'm always exited finding a rare item in normal and most of the time in cruel.
But at the end of merciless things start to turn and I really really would like to stay excited finding rares instead of selling them (almost) all the time to the vendor. That's why I suggested less rares but better quality when you reach the end game part of POE.
Last edited by Kaw on Aug 27, 2015, 3:54:00 AM
"
Kaw wrote:

Edit: My question was about the rare drop chance and their quality in end game mapping.
My intention wasn't to make them more rare @ the start of the game. That part feels very balanced and I'm always exited finding a rare item in normal and most of the time in cruel.
But at the end of merciless things start to turn and I really really would like to stay excited finding rares instead of selling them (almost) all the time to the vendor. That's why I suggested less rares but better quality when you reach the end game part of POE.

The issue with doing that comes with alteration farming. They would need to make an adjustment to how affixes are weighted in terms of their shard value, otherwise builds like mine get fist-sandwiched in a real hurry. And there's a looooooooooooot of MF'ers that rely on consistent alteration production.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Aug 27, 2015, 3:58:20 AM
I see, that Chris is really hardcore player at heart, he avoided any more dangerous questions and even if, gave not so dangerous answer.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
"
tmaciak wrote:
I see, that Chris is really hardcore player at heart, he avoided any more dangerous questions and even if, gave not so dangerous answer.

I was looking for answer why those questions and not others. You just gave me answer. Thanks :D
IGN: Nanashi_Sabazashi
"Size doesn't matter" - Double Strike Tank Guide
view-thread/1321402
"
Serleth wrote:
"
Kaw wrote:

The issue with doing that comes with alteration farming. They would need to make an adjustment to how affixes are weighted in terms of their shard value, otherwise builds like mine get fist-sandwiched in a real hurry. And there's a looooooooooooot of MF'ers that rely on consistent alteration production.

Or you get more valueable rares as a MF farmer while actually being able to play the content, instead of grinding your ass of for one of the lowest currency orbs in the game and selling at the vendor for 30% of your play time.
Last edited by Kaw on Aug 27, 2015, 4:06:51 AM
"
Alt f4 - why keep this function?

Because it's part of Windows.

I lost it here.
thanks for the huge wall of answers, was an very interresting read.

some things i missed:

- did you ever have a dev add 100 stash pages to his account and move one page from one end to the other? please do so.

- how can i find out which mtx i ever spent points on without bothering support?

- what is this field "Access Key: " in the account settings for?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
woooo long read, but thanks a bunch for taking the time !
IGN: Megawipe
"
Arraychge wrote:
"
Alt f4 - why keep this function?

Because it's part of Windows.

I lost it here.

there are other ways in windows to close a program than alt+f4 (which just sends a normal closing request to the program - it's the same as clicking on the menu's cross to close a program).

as you can't prevent players from shooting down the client the hard way it's best to consider a legal quit option and balance the game around it.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info