Developer Q&A: 187 Questions Answered!

Finally out!
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
We frequently see the suggestion that the stack sizes of the cards should be increased and the cards should individually drop less frequently. I actually argued for this in the design phase, but I now see that I was wrong. The other designers explained that the cards need to be impactful when they drop, and finding 1/50 of a unique is not an impactful thing. I agree completely and we're not planning to dilute the cards in this way.

I can see the reasoning but I feel like 1/5 is not impactful. The impact should be that you get excited and motivated to get more cards and complete a set (Like Jack in the Box, which I unfortunately didn't had a chance to try before nerfs).

If you get a 1/5 card drop that you will never see again for a entire week that is not impactful. That is frustrating because you know you are never going to complete the set and you might as well buy the cards or give up and sell yours.

Players expected deterministic ways to farm for items. Not deterministic ways to buy items.

As for the extra cards being added, if they continue to be gated behind specific zones then it is not guarantee that the extra cards that players are going to find are going to be useful.
Last edited by Hogaric on Aug 27, 2015, 3:18:55 AM
Reading it now!! You guys murdered that list..hehe

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/187_(slang)
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Thanks for answering all our questions :-)
IGN: Caydranth
Was a good read.

On your response to my second question (the Zana map mod causing Invasion bosses to spawn question), I'm hoping to see the present Zana signature modifier be added to the standard random affix pool (maybe as a 1-3 invasion bosses affix) and something different - perhaps "Contains one additional Master" - added as Zana's sigmod.
Le Toucan Will Return
Last edited by sirgog on Aug 27, 2015, 3:29:09 AM
"
Chris wrote:
Alt f4 - why keep this function?

Because it's part of Windows.

Made. My. Day.

Also, this plox:

"
I'm hoping to see the present Zana signature modifier be added to the standard random affix pool (maybe as a 1-3 invasion bosses affix) and something different - perhaps "Contains one additional Master" - added as Zana's sigmod.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
ty for doing this q/a :)
Guild "Metal" /// league + standard /// NO voice-chat necessary
I didn't get an answer to my question but all the info that the team shared is very interesting. Thank you for taking the time guys.
Don't fool yourself exile... your end is just around the corner!
After reading this Q&A I feel like 90% of questions You used aren't related to current gameplay (and 60% are like about clouds). Don't take me wrong, I like to read about system and funny staff but if most of questions are those type there is something wrong.
Questions about skills/builds you mention were:
- 2 about summoners,
- 2 about mines,
- 1 about single target skills as single target skills.

It's not about choosing my or Others questions (I read all questions added by community and they were great) but about type of questions you choose.

So many questions and so little answers.
IGN: Nanashi_Sabazashi
"Size doesn't matter" - Double Strike Tank Guide
view-thread/1321402
"
Chris wrote:
We frequently see the suggestion that the stack sizes of the cards should be increased and the cards should individually drop less frequently.

shouldn't this be "more"?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info