MoreRain: Life&ES CoC Discharge [2.2]

"
ekunholy wrote:
Hardcore reporting in

LVL 89, tree
3431 HP, 3912 ES
Nothing amazing in my gear, everything bought with prices 1ex or below (except dagger and amulet)
DPS is absolutely enough to carry groups in t12+

Yet another Matrix's build that absolutely rocks :D

Spoiler
Update: died

Lesson: need MORE chaos resist, +2% is not enough for high tier maps
Got killed by lvl80 chaos nailspitter-snake with sub phys + power crit, likely 2 shots to take all my life pool
(had full es after death for sure)

Oops. I would probably take the 20% chres cluster and take the chres nodes by vaal pact for HC. Maybe use rare gloves instead of malis. Personally I played with 38% chres, and the only time I ever died to ch dmg was the uniq strongbox "strange barrel."
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
Im playing this build on permanent hc. I have 45% chaos res with malis and 71% with rare gloves. I usually switch to rare gloves in desecrated ground maps and 80+ maps with beyond(extra dmg Bameth can hurt).
Been playing this build for about a week on std and high hp bosses aside, it's an absolute monster that should be nerfed by next content update.

While playing I notice my ehp never really dips into the red pool outside of chaos damage, which made me think how this build would do as CI, I think 7k or more ehp is feasible without having to worry about health/chaos res on gear and the Infused Shield notable, chaos immunity sounds pretty damn sweet.
And stun/freeze is trivialized by cyclone/flask.

Here's a rough tree I've sketched up

I don't wanna jump the gun and respec before I see what other people have to say about it.
IGN: HarroHarbinger
Last edited by Catharsis on Nov 15, 2015, 1:52:44 PM
Hi,
You said that the life based version is more tanky and more DPS. Why don't you use it as the default build? Is it more expensive or something?

Thanks,
"
Catharsis wrote:
Been playing this build for about a week on std and high hp bosses aside, it's an absolute monster that should be nerfed by next content update.

While playing I notice my ehp never really dips into the red pool outside of chaos damage, which made me think how this build would do as CI, I think 7k or more ehp is feasible without having to worry about health/chaos res on gear and the Infused Shield notable, chaos immunity sounds pretty damn sweet.
And stun/freeze is trivialized by cyclone/flask.

Here's a rough tree I've sketched up

I don't wanna jump the gun and respec before I see what other people have to say about it.

I adressed this around page 6. Basically less total HP even without having to get chres on gear (hence more ES on shield/helm), and more trouble with stun, shock, and freeze. You can still get stunned if you get in the practice of making micro cyclones, which are better for lower crit variance and targeting. The main benefit is you don't have to use a life flask, but IMO it's not worth it. However if you still think it's worth it you should try it and let us know. I'm especially curious about stuns in the context of T14+ maps and atziri+uber trio.

"
Hi,
You said that the life based version is more tanky and more DPS. Why don't you use it as the default build? Is it more expensive or something?

Thanks,

It's potentially more tanky, but survivability is tough/expensive with rare pieces. A friend tried it in the 1M and he seemed to have trouble with survivability. I mainly included it because I think it's a better variant of other posted life builds. I would still play hybrid if I wanted to level because total HP stacking seems better to me than Acrobatics and Evasion.

I've been running your build again for a couple of days, my first try wasn't really good, too many proc problems.

However, I fixed that with this new build, and she just wails through mobs and packs like a banshee!

I'm happy, it's a very good re-build now.

Thanks for putting it up.

I'll have some fun until the skills get nerfed. :)

Quick math question:

Cyclone vs Molten strike CoC single target
Assuming both cyclone spins and molten attack + 3 balls hit, that's 2x more procs on molten per attack.
Does this in turn mean 2x more single target damage with molten?

Note: I'm only interested in single target, I know cyclone AoE will proc more in groups of enemies.
IGN: HarroHarbinger
Last edited by Catharsis on Nov 16, 2015, 3:04:49 PM
"
Catharsis wrote:
Quick math question:

Assuming both cyclone spins and molten attack + 3 balls hit, that's 2x more procs on molten per attack.

Note: I'm only interested in single target, I know cyclone AoE will proc more in groups of enemies.

Well the question is whether making multiple small cyclones can overcome this. This is another thing I would verify by testing. Also the projectiles hitting might not work with the 50ms CoC cooldown threshold.

"
sherkhan wrote:
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
"
Catharsis wrote:
Quick math question:

Well the question is whether making multiple small cyclones can overcome this. This is another thing I would verify by testing. Also the projectiles hitting might not work with the 50ms CoC cooldown threshold.

If single target is an issue, maybe a double-strike gem swap for cyclone makes sense?

Well single target isn't really an issue since we can already do core malachai/uber, etc, the question is whether we can make it better. I don't think double strike would be better than cyclone, because it seems like cyclone basically gives us a free hit. source. So if we make tiny cyclones (movespeed helps with this), then we'll essentially be getting twice as many hits as we see APS on the tooltip.

Again I'm not sure, but in practice doing tiny cyclones seems like plenty of singe target damage. OTOH double strike and molten strike are worth testing.

Am lvl 93 wid dis build and its rocking so far .. As far as my experience cyclone wid a movement flask is enough for single target and wid rf its insane damage :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info