MoreRain: Life&ES CoC Discharge [2.2]

Right now Trickster is a way to go. Scion looks really bad with the nerf of Berserker (I wanted to play CoC Scion too), you can go Assassin, Pathfinder or Slayer, but they simply don't look really strong. Occultist Witch is an option, but once again, nothing fantastic. Nice damage buffs, but does CoC Discharge really need more damage?

Trickster is really tanky (you just go CI in this case), has no issues with mana, awesome damage via all attack speed buffs. It's going to be FotM in 2.3.
I finally decided to go for Occultist, but I should really have gone with Trickster :(

My life would have been easier. I had to go CI anyway, because I've had the worst luck streak in a year of POE, so impossible to buy some nice hybrid pieces. I still plan to go Hybrid later, but I will stay in CI mode for a while. It's really not a good build to start a league in my opinion, but I should have thought of that much earlier.

I was wondering what I should upgrade next

1) A 6L to include Blade Vortex
2) Voll's Devotion
3) A better vagan dagger
4) Focus on jewels/gear.

?

Here is my dagger and my links:

My stream: https://www.twitch.tv/m_bison__
"
wichtounet wrote:
I finally decided to go for Occultist, but I should really have gone with Trickster :(

My life would have been easier. I had to go CI anyway, because I've had the worst luck streak in a year of POE, so impossible to buy some nice hybrid pieces. I still plan to go Hybrid later, but I will stay in CI mode for a while. It's really not a good build to start a league in my opinion, but I should have thought of that much earlier.

I was wondering what I should upgrade next

1) A 6L to include Blade Vortex
2) Voll's Devotion
3) A better vagan dagger
4) Focus on jewels/gear.

?

Here is my dagger and my links:

I agree 100% about Trickster.

Also, while Hybrid is really nice for getting stunned less and having higher overall buffer, the gearing requirement is so much higher, and the loss of a utility flask might on balance make it worse. I'm not entirely sure yet.

I took this league ambitiously and leveled as CoC on my first character. I was able to pick up a Voll's cheaply and 5l it via the prophecy stealing bug, which helped a lot. I got a cheap vagan dagger and was on a roll from there.

I got a 6L voll's via the Emperor of Purity divination card and getting pretty lucky with scour/chances, then made 3 more to pay for a Devotion.

I also made a lot of money this league flipping ES gear, as well as picking up good pieces for myself.

My current gear setup is:
Spoiler

and it's going quite well for me so far. I'm a flask junkie so I'd say a 6L Voll's is a great upgrade, but Devo is better for pure damage. I'm currently saving up for a pair of Skyforths for a future build, but the next thing I'd replace would be upgrading my dagger, which I think is the third priority after 6L/Devo. After that getting better ES gear can be done at leisure, as with my current gear I haven't had any trouble with any game content so far, and it only cost me a few chaos to get all of it.

Really sad about the Scion nerfs, and I don't really think there's any way to build this besides trickster now. There's maybe some weird pathfinder tree you could do, but Trickster is just so good. Attack speed everywhere and Shade Form is just completely insane.

Good luck with the league!
Since the last time I wrote, I was able to improve my gear quite substantially. I still haven't had any luck, but since I was on vacation, I did play a lot to compensate :P

I was able to get a 6L for 8ex and I bought the cards for Voll's Devotion (something like 15ex). Everything has been farmed almost chaos by chaos (except for 1ex drop). The only luck I had was to have three times the Jeweller's Touch prophecy to sell. I'm now hybrid with 8K EHP pool and chaos resistance items. Not great, but it's feeling quite good for the time being.

I regaled a very good dagger yesterday:

Now I have to farm again to multimod it, I should have it in a few days :)

I think that in the end, both builds are very viable, but Trickster CI is much easier to gear and has better defenses in the end. This build may have better DPS with very high end gear, but it's not sure.
My stream: https://www.twitch.tv/m_bison__
Last edited by wichtounet on Jun 15, 2016, 10:26:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info