[2.1] Crit Tri Curse Perma Freeze Over a 100k tooltip not counting curses 6k+ehp (no longer updated)

Hi! Really like your build and im on my way to make it true for me. Thanx for sharing!
Last edited by Fred2y on Jan 24, 2016, 11:25:27 AM
Hi,

I'm looking at your guide "crit tri curse perma freeze pulser" since some days, and I have some questions and some concerns.

First, I apologies for my poor english and I hope what I'll say is understandable :p.

Let's go.

1°) I wonder how much do you try and theorycraft this build ? You guide is fine and simple (and it's great). But I feel more confident where there's plenty of explanations and math in a guide. So, how do you feel your build is optimized ? (I dont want to be insulting, you did a great work, but just asking :p)

2°) How does the build work at the begining of a league. Is that a good first build for a league, and keep it growing when currencies come in ? Or should I make an easier first build, and reroll for your build when I have currencies to make it opti ? With 2 unannounced ascendant classes for templar and witch, and 1 for shadow, i'm sure at least one is status ailment related. So I'm planning to run this build for ascendency :p (if I feel good after trying it this league)

3°) How does the build work at very end game. Like t14-15 ugly affixes maps in a party ? Do you keep freezing everything ? Do you perma freeze things like T15 daresso ?

Now we go more inside the build ...

4°) Did you try a lv4 empower on your main 6L ? With Pledge, I'm wondering how it will work droping faster casting for an empower 4. It will certainly hurt the DPS (or not that much. +3 lv for freeze pulse and all the support), but greatly increase the damage per freezing pulse, then the freeze. And the lv30 spell echo should let you cast fast enough. What are your thoughts about this ?

5°) Easy one. Did you keep your frenzy charges up with ice bite, or is that just "for fun" getting free charges sometimes?

6°) That damn maligaro corrupted ele weakness feels like a malediction to me ! It's soooooooo much expensive. How mandatory do you feel it is ? I think you're loosing a lot using a non quality lv10 ele weakness ! Even if it apply on every hits.

7°) Closely related to 6°)... On your chest, what do you think of "arc / CoH / warlords mark / Frostbite / eleweakness / chain" ? Or " Ball lightning / CoH / warlords mark / Frostbite / eleweakness / GMP" ? With the proj speed on tree, ball lightning seems good to apply your 3 curses easy peasy, no ? Or arc is just better anyways ?

8°) Are you satisfied with warlod mark linked on your heralds ? Couldn't you save some slots here ? Casting more "chest link Curses on hit" and forget about curse on hit on heralds ? Maybe a 4L like HoI / HoT / Discipline / Mana leech ? Disc will give you a good bunch of ehp, and mana leech linked to herald is free mana (0% mana multi). You gain a free 4L doing it. But maybe disc is a bad idea.

9°) Is discipline a bad idea ? XD

10°) I played a lot of build, but not often ES, and never hybrid. I worry a little about having half a good hp pool and half a good ES pool. I heard bad things about hybrid. You leech only on your ES due to ghost reaver. So, big hits will eat your health. Did you get problems like this ? Or it work well ?

11°) About atziri's splendour. How mandatory is it ? I never used it. It seems to fit well in the build, but what alternative I have ? A shav with a discipline blood magic and a more ES oriented tree could do wonder dont you think ? Couldn't you reach 6-8k ES with good es gear and shav, and your leech is on your ES ... This could solve the Chaos damage issue. Did you try something like that ?

12°) You take oak on normal for hp. But you only have 95% increased hp on tree. Isn't that kind of a waste ? Or do you feel confident in your choice ?

13°) I read all the comments on your thread. And nothing about doryani's invitation. What do you think of it ? It seem's good to have a little more leech, more cold damage, freeze chance while under flask effect and other stats are nice ...

Well. I think that's all. My apologies for the wall of text. I didn't think i'll do such a long message when I started. I hope you'll answer me. I spent so much time and currencies this league doing bad build, so this time, I prefer to ask before :p. I hope you will reassure me with your answers.

A final question: Do you feel your build is OP ? :p

Thank you very much for writting this build !
Also, I forget something important !

14°) You are 3 points away from mind over matter and 600 mana unreserved (on the video). You leech lot of mana + hybrid pots. It could add a really good layer of def.
"
karanima wrote:

1°) I wonder how much do you try and theorycraft this build ? You guide is fine and simple (and it's great). But I feel more confident where there's plenty of explanations and math in a guide. So, how do you feel your build is optimized ? (I dont want to be insulting, you did a great work, but just asking :p)

I think as far as the tree goes, the build is fairly optimized. Not sure what else you might mean.

"
karanima wrote:

2°) How does the build work at the begining of a league. Is that a good first build for a league, and keep it growing when currencies come in ? Or should I make an easier first build, and reroll for your build when I have currencies to make it opti ? With 2 unannounced ascendant classes for templar and witch, and 1 for shadow, i'm sure at least one is status ailment related. So I'm planning to run this build for ascendency :p (if I feel good after trying it this league)

This is not a good build for the start of the league. At least for now.

"
karanima wrote:

3°) How does the build work at very end game. Like t14-15 ugly affixes maps in a party ? Do you keep freezing everything ? Do you perma freeze things like T15 daresso ?

It varies from boss to boss. In middle of compiling a list of bosses I can't currently freeze. And when it comes to high lvl bosses, map mods can really mess with the freeze. For example I can't Perma Freeze Brittle Emperor, if the map rolls extra life.
"
karanima wrote:

4°) Did you try a lv4 empower on your main 6L ? With Pledge, I'm wondering how it will work droping faster casting for an empower 4. It will certainly hurt the DPS (or not that much. +3 lv for freeze pulse and all the support), but greatly increase the damage per freezing pulse, then the freeze. And the lv30 spell echo should let you cast fast enough. What are your thoughts about this ?

I do touch on this briefly in the guide. A problem is that recoloring pledge is expensive (and more importantly a real pain). What I might do, is buy another six link pledge for testing.

"
karanima wrote:

5°) Easy one. Did you keep your frenzy charges up with ice bite, or is that just "for fun" getting free charges sometimes?

Just for fun. It's the same reason why I don't use power charges. It's way to unreliable.

"
karanima wrote:

6°) That damn maligaro corrupted ele weakness feels like a malediction to me ! It's soooooooo much expensive. How mandatory do you feel it is ? I think you're loosing a lot using a non quality lv10 ele weakness ! Even if it apply on every hits.

It's not needed, but it's huge. The difference is like night and day.

"
karanima wrote:

7°) Closely related to 6°)... On your chest, what do you think of "arc / CoH / warlords mark / Frostbite / eleweakness / chain" ? Or " Ball lightning / CoH / warlords mark / Frostbite / eleweakness / GMP" ? With the proj speed on tree, ball lightning seems good to apply your 3 curses easy peasy, no ? Or arc is just better anyways ?

Ball lightning is terrible. Even with all the speed it's to slow. Arc I only use on a five link. Currently testing with freeze pulse, which I think is the best choice, but only with a six link chest.

"
karanima wrote:

8°) Are you satisfied with warlod mark linked on your heralds ? Couldn't you save some slots here ? Casting more "chest link Curses on hit" and forget about curse on hit on heralds ? Maybe a 4L like HoI / HoT / Discipline / Mana leech ? Disc will give you a good bunch of ehp, and mana leech linked to herald is free mana (0% mana multi). You gain a free 4L doing it. But maybe disc is a bad idea.

I tried before. It doesn't work. You need some auto curse, and the flat damage. Even more then discipline. I wish I could fit discipline in but I can't. On HC maybe I would even over the damage loss.

"
karanima wrote:

10°) I played a lot of build, but not often ES, and never hybrid. I worry a little about having half a good hp pool and half a good ES pool. I heard bad things about hybrid. You leech only on your ES due to ghost reaver. So, big hits will eat your health. Did you get problems like this ? Or it work well ?

Currently I have slightly more ES then I do life. If i can ever fit discipline in I would have even more. If I ever upgrade my boots to ES boots, then even more. And large hits are not a problem. Only real issue is Chaos damage.

"
karanima wrote:

11°) About atziri's splendour. How mandatory is it ? I never used it. It seems to fit well in the build, but what alternative I have ? A shav with a discipline blood magic and a more ES oriented tree could do wonder dont you think ? Couldn't you reach 6-8k ES with good es gear and shav, and your leech is on your ES ... This could solve the Chaos damage issue. Did you try something like that ?

I'm playing with the idea of using a shav's. There are a few issues, gem slots, and due to going low life you get much less ehp. So while your better against chaos, you are less tanky in general. And ofc your dps goes way up. (So better freeze)

"
karanima wrote:

12°) You take oak on normal for hp. But you only have 95% increased hp on tree. Isn't that kind of a waste ? Or do you feel confident in your choice ?

You are most likely correct. This will be updated.

"
karanima wrote:

13°) I read all the comments on your thread. And nothing about doryani's invitation. What do you think of it ? It seem's good to have a little more leech, more cold damage, freeze chance while under flask effect and other stats are nice ...

The leech is next to nothing, freeze chance does nothing. so your comparing more cold damage, to a rare belt that has flat life/es and tri res.

"
karanima wrote:

A final question: Do you feel your build is OP ? :p

No I do not. While the build is strong, it's a support build first and foremost. I cannot stress this enough. I myself will mainly use other flat out better builds for solo. (like COC) But in parties, this is an amazing build. It buffs everyone, adds survablity due to freeze, while still doing amazing damage. If I were to make a freeze pulse build for solo, I wouldn't even touch freeze. Hope that helps, if you have any other questions feel free to ask, I loved all of them, they were great questions. :)
IGN SuperGaco
"
karanima wrote:
Also, I forget something important !

14°) You are 3 points away from mind over matter and 600 mana unreserved (on the video). You leech lot of mana + hybrid pots. It could add a really good layer of def.

Mana is to large a problem and this build is stretched for points as is. Maybe in a lvl 97 build.
IGN SuperGaco
Hi,

I'm currently following your freezing pulse build.
I just got my heralds + curses setup and I noticed that the curses don't proc very often.
How do these curses proc exactly? :S
They barely ever proc on bosses :(. am i doing something wrong?

Kind regards,
Sam
Herald of thunder will auto curse if you kill shocked enemies. Herald of Ice auto curses on shattering curses. When this doesn't happen, we use our curse on hit setup in our chest to apply curses.
IGN SuperGaco
So I am a soloist for the most part and you have this build as support. What changes would you make for better solo play if any, Not talking about rebuilding the whole tree just what your thoughts on it. Been looking at every FP build out there cause i enjoy the way it works and yours seems to be the best overall

Edit: Also I REALLY REALLY like how your build isn't reliant on Charges, that's what keeps bringing me back to it as well.
Last edited by NJLGrimm on Feb 1, 2016, 5:02:49 AM
Halo guys , im using this build right now , and i suck with this kind of gear , 86 level ranger help pls !! ( 2.6k hp , 2.6k es) , Cant do a shit , always dying , lack of hp and resists :(
Last edited by YJEN on Feb 1, 2016, 2:55:01 PM
"
YJEN wrote:
Halo guys , im using this build right now , and i suck with this kind of gear , 86 level ranger help pls !! ( 2.6k hp , 2.6k es) , Cant do a shit , always dying , lack of hp and resists :(

So first thing i see is you need to get rid of is Whirling blades for Cast when damage taken level 8 - immortal call level 10 - increased duration - (Flame Golem If your chest is a six link, otherwise molten shell level 14) That's first, 2nd I see that you haven't read the pages that super goes into why Doranis belt is NOT a good option for this build, Basically i see your trying to push for big damage tool tip and forgetting that the trick to this build is the freezing of the mobs BEFORE they can hit you. SO no added fire damage in the Pledge, Try Increased Critical Damage, Empower, or Life Leech.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info