Girls playing POE?

"
erdelyii wrote:
Hahaha oh man. A few of us ended up playing and chatting over skype and it was fun, no creepiness or match.com stuff at all. I can see how the thread went downhill, but yeah.

This is not downhill yet. You don't know the COMMUNITY. :-D But yeah, have fun there, PoE folks are not that bad actually.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
I've played with many girls in the past in various games. In group situations, and specifically in group situations that use VoIP (TS, Skype, Mumble, w/e) with strangers, I and many other ladies I know don't speak up or "have a broken mic, sorry!" simply because it would reveal that we have ladybits, and we get treated differently after that.

Before a woman speaks up she's just another presumably-male faceless, genderless player.

After a woman speaks up she's either a piece of meat that people want to rub their pieces of meat on, because "omg I can't believe ur a girl that plays games! u must have guys all over u hehe ;) so do u have a bf?" or they're suddenly shit at whatever game is being played because they're too busy licking their controller or draping their keyboard seductively across their boobs for their next selfie.

I'm not saying everyone treats girls on the internet/in games this way, but it happens often enough that my mic is broken quite a lot, sorrynotsorry!
I agree, it is sad.
I've seen several females on PoE as well. We did have a couple in our guild and another friend of mine played with his wife. But who really knows how many are like LadyZeyra and just want to play, trade and have fun w/out guys hitting on them?
Censored.
i met one, she was terrible and complained a lot. deleted her after all the whining.

which is a real shame as ive known some amazing girl players that put 99.9% of guys to shame.

This thread seems like a trainwreck, and I'm too lazy to read through it. My loss, I suppose.

However, there is little difference between "Male" and "Female" gamers. The women I know who play games are, more often than not, a lot like the men who play games. Funny, really.. it's almost like personalities are separate from gender!
"You go on pretending that you own the universe,
And we'll all be here watching as you're falling down to Earth."
I don't actually tell anyone I'm a female while gaming. If they guess they guess but when they start to hit on me or get on my nerves, unless they have heard my voice I effectively convince them I'm a 80 year old man with no teeth and they block me. :)

Then again 9 times our of 10 for some reason after I get on T/S or mumble the creepers come out really quick, having a very female strong southern accent is not very helpful to trying to make friends via gaming. It's annoying.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

"
peachii wrote:
. . .

Well hello there, how you doing?

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
i met one, she was terrible and complained a lot. deleted her after all the whining.

This describes a lot of guys that I've played with in this game and others.
- Rose

Perandus, Hardcore, Standard, and Races
Solo - Self-Found, since Jan 2013
It's a persistent trainwreck huh.

Indeed, guys can be so annoying to play with!

I don't generally say either, unless someone I've made friends with calls me man/dude enough times and it becomes funny, so they'd feel like an idiot not knowing. It's odd the OP got me self-outing and making friends, and I don't play slow or know what playing the game on a deeper level means. Gender differences are a tough one. They exist, but aren't definitive. Just read the replies ITT.

I didn't read the OP as looking to hit on girls - more tired of playing with all guys all the time. Being a female online gaming shouldn't be special, demand special treatment, or arouse all manner of adolescent sweaty jabbering ... just treat us as one of the guys [with potentially different ways of relating], guys.

Humble suggestions ladies, born of years of learning the hard way: cultivate density around being unwantedly hit on simply because of your relative rarity. If you can't detect it, it hasn't happened. Brief answers to personal qns, change the topic, and you know you can sense where stuff is going so head it off. If guys treat you like you're incompetent, show them up and move on.

I love the toothless old man one.

"
Perq wrote:

This is not downhill yet. You don't know the COMMUNITY. :-D But yeah, have fun there, PoE folks are not that bad actually.

Haha, I do read "suggestions". Thanks, man. I agree, the limited interactions I've had in trade, on the forums, and in-game aren't LoL level by a long shot.

Next up: black gamers.

Last edited by erdelyii on Aug 17, 2015, 11:38:52 PM
Southern accents are among my favourite accents in the world.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info