Girls playing POE?

Some other gurl took me for a gurl once while trading. At least now I can tell they exist.
Maybe I am just old but I found this thread to be really funny. I didn't know this was still going on. I have a few gamer girls as friends on steam which I treat the same as the male friends I have which I suppose from the responses I've read here is why they are friends with me.

Gamer girls exist and don't like to be constantly harassed which why they still hide. I guess until they reach gender parity things will remain how they are. A shame in almost every way. Oh well, back to grinding to level 95.
Dat Necro...
#1 rule of official forum boards of every video game ever: use the forums to relay info, gather suggestions, or the rare narrow-focused Poll; but NEVER as "feedback".

#2 rule: Never say the #1 rule in an official capacity. Let some guy on the forums say it, leaving yourself plausible deniability.
My two college aged daughters play POE with me, one more than the other. In fact my younger keeps bringing guys she meets at school into our guild. IDK, maybe it's a dating filter, see which ones play like d=bags and then ditches them.

When the guys get all a-hole on the chat or forums they just mock them.
"
arknath wrote:
In my experience there are 4 different outcomes when a girl starts playing multiplayer games online:

3: The girl is lucky enough to have a guild/friends that treat them like any other player, but still has to play with guard up towards unknown people because, lets face it, there are a lot of desperate male players out there that either insist on hitting on the girl or try to sabotage/trashtalk if they get "denied".

I honestly think the whole "Gril on the internet" thing is overstated - outside a couple of fairly specific situations involving mass-gatherings of 15 year olds (Twitch Chat, CoD) a refershingly small number of people have ever cared in my ~15 years of online gaming.

Perhaps I've been unusually lucky in that the groups I've ended up playing with in various games have just not made any sort of issue with it, and every so often a new person joins the group and goes full on "y u no cyber, Lesbo?" but even they tend to settle down fairly quickly when they're spending time around 'normal' people and not cloisted in some sort of electronic hormone factory.
"
ChanBalam wrote:
"
jetinha wrote:
I'm a girl, but I have trouble making a build, coz I'm dumb blonde, can you help me with your exalts?
You have a 100 level character; how much help do you really need?

There will never be too much exalts. :)
In the internet, of all things, people care about gender of player behind virtual avatar. k.

I mean, most guys don't even realize they are playing with gurls all the time. How (and why) would they?
The sad thing is, there are guys out there who are going to be much nicer to said person, when they realize that this person is a girl. They seem to not realize that MANY of the people they were asses to were actually female... lol.

I always found that funny back in the days of playing MMOs (namely, Ragnarok). I was into RPG (aka you are playing your character, you are not one) element of these mmorpgs, so I never really created characters which were supposed to be me. So sometimes they were guys, sometimes they were girls. But, oh boy, some people sure assume your gender based on gender of your character... especially if you can pick the gender and it doesn't matter... :D
So when I was playing male characters, nothing special ever happened. You wouldn't ever see people be nicer to me or hit on me. People offering help would be rare.
But when playing a female character, it usually went 180. If you stood in the town and talked to random people they were quick to respond, they offered help and items, and many of them would even taxi you... for free. :DDD
But once they realized you are not actually a gurl, some of them went into angry mode, insulting you and asking why would you create a female character if you are not a female...
Well, because it is a ROLE PLAYING GAME, lol. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But lets be honest here - video games are still (to an extent) a hobby for basement dwellers, and those are not usually ones with lots of hewt babez. Being surprised that this stuff happens is like being surprised that throwing a steak to hungry dog makes it go crazy about it...
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Apr 18, 2017, 2:59:10 AM
[creep]

Any ladies wanna come over my place later and play POE?
I have candy.

ps - must be 18 or older

[/creep]
"The problem with scrubcore is that it is full of of scrubs"
- King Edward the Longshanks
ima grill and i don't play poe D:
"
BestMageKR wrote:
ima grill and i don't play poe D:

You go grill! Glad to see more grills on the forum :>

So serious question GGG, can we get a grill version of the Xbox to work with POE?
Character limit of 300 characters exceeded
Content can not exceed 5 lines in length

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info