Cold to Fire

first, righteous fire and pain attunement happen AFTER the increased damage and each of them happens separately.

fire: 100 *1.2 *1.3 *1.5 =234
cold: 100 *1.1 *1.3 *1.5 =214.5

difference between 10% cold and 10% fire vs 20% elemental (or just cold), is that cold will get less benefit from two separate boosts. in both cases, fire is getting same amount if increase.
Hey i need help with this skill. orginially i was goin to make a ice/fire dagger/dagger witch. but someone told me that the ice to fire doesnt work with the ice damage on the weapon. is this true? if it is can i add anything to make it work?
also can i pair this with elemental hit and when it hits ice will it proc cold to fire?
weapon cold will work only for attack skills linked to this support. elemental hit adds extra cold damage sometimes so that will work with cold to fire for sure on those moments.
Can someone tell me how the math would work with Glacial Hammer + Hrimsorrow(+25% cold convert from physical) + Hatred. That would seem to be 50% + 25% + 40% which is overkill but would that take all the physical damage away from glacial hammer? or without hatred would it be 25% physical and 75% cold for the skill? Also how would cold to fire work with all over this.

And one more thing if it was 25% physical 75% cold with just gloves and glacial hammer. what would added fire damage support gem do for it? would it take away the physical damage and just have cold + fire or what?
This post by Mark tells you how Conversion will work. Of course, since Hatred doesn't Convert, but simply adds damage, you're still left with Physical damage and nothing is downscaled. :P

Damage Based on X works off Base damage, ie. before Conversion is applied.

Added Fire Damage doesn't decrease your Physical damage (it's not Conversion either), so with Glacial + Added Fire and Hrimsorrows, you will deal 25% Physical, 75% Fire (EDIT: Cold, derp) and 30-ish percent Fire damage.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Mar 10, 2013, 7:30:33 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
This post by Mark tells you how Conversion will work. Of course, since Hatred doesn't Convert, but simply adds damage, you're still left with Physical damage and nothing is downscaled. :P

Damage Based on X works off Base damage, ie. before Conversion is applied.

Added Fire Damage doesn't decrease your Physical damage (it's not Conversion either), so with Glacial + Added Fire and Hrimsorrows, you will deal 25% Physical, 75% Fire and 30-ish percent Fire damage.

So even though hatred is added. If you have 100 damage and you have hatred it will be 140 damage with 40 of it being cold? and with cold to fire it will be 100 phys + 24 cold + 16 fire? Bc i think i read that even though it is added if its used on a skill its still converted by cold to fire? So you could have Glacial + hrimsorrow + added fire + cold to fire + hatred though they dont do what i though it still adds a lot of cold and fire. though fire being more?
Last edited by GarrettLS88 on Mar 10, 2013, 7:27:51 PM
"If you have 100 damage and you have hatred it will be 140 damage with 40 of it being cold?"
Yes, if Hatred added 40% as Cold (it caps at 25% though :P ).

"and with cold to fire it will be 100 phys + 24 cold + 16 fire?"
With a level 1 Cold to Fire, yes.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Mar 10, 2013, 7:31:54 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"If you have 100 damage and you have hatred it will be 140 damage with 40 of it being cold?"
Yes, if Hatred added 40% as Cold (it caps at 25% though :P ).

"and with cold to fire it will be 100 phys + 24 cold + 16 fire?"
With a level 1 Cold to Fire, yes.

One last question since the wiki isnt updated very well what is the cold to fire cap? i saw like 67% but that wasnt even cap?
Increases are likely mostly linear. Expect something around 75%.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info