Cold to Fire

if mobs/players max resistance to single element is only 75% than we just have to use elemental weakness which at lv20 give -50% res on enemy so overall my fire dmg will be decreased just by 25%

ok done thx, now i know i will make cold to fire as high as possible, but ive checked and its requires lv 19 iam curious if its hard to get?
I'd love to see some added synergy with this skill and Glacial Hammer through modifying the elemental effects(added duration or cold and freeze, added chance to freeze also adds chance to ignite, ect). I want some variety to my single target heavy fire damage melee skills for my staff templar rather than only infernal blow.
So, another question on this Gem.

I don't see any reason why it shouldn't, but just to make clear. If my supported cold-spell is going to crit, the target will freez (for the duration of the now lesser cold dmg) AND also burn, (for the amount of fire dmg).

Is this correct ?
ign: UpForJava
"
Upforsale wrote:
I don't see any reason why it shouldn't, but just to make clear. If my supported cold-spell is going to crit, the target will freez (for the duration of the now lesser cold dmg) AND also burn, (for the amount of fire dmg).

Is this correct ?
Assuming you deal enough cold damage, yes. If the cold damage dealt is less than 3% of the monster's health, it won't freeze; if it does freeze, it freezes for 1/10 of a second per 1% of its max health damaged, to a maximum of 3.3 seconds. The burn lasts for 4 seconds regardless. See the mechanics thread for confirmation.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jan 29, 2013, 12:01:11 PM
If I am using a cold/crit build and freezing targets is a high priority, should I avoid adding this to my cold spells? I assume that this gem would dilute my chance to apply freeze since the total amount of cold damage I do would be less than without this gem, correct?
You should still deal plenty of damage with a Crit to Freeze almost every monster. Only the tough end of Rares won't be Frozen. Getting Freeze Duration also helps, naturally.
So, will there be a whole cycle of conversion support gems? You know, Fire to Cold, Lightning to Cold, Fire to Lightning etc.
Cold to Fire is sweet when you build around it. If we had this option for all element combinations...the possibilities...endless!
Something is not right here... Can anyone help me out please?

Using the calculations to my bonus cold(36) and elemental(41) and cold to fire at 42%:

100 cold damage base becomes:

58 cold damage * (1 + .36 + .41) = 102,66
42 fire damage * (1 + .36 + .41) = 74.34

So in the end, i should be dealing 177 damage, is that right? If so, then it's a 77% increse. Is that right?

In that case, can someone explain me this:

I am using Freezing Pulse with faster projectiles and Greater multiple Projectiles.

This are stats on the skill before adding the support gem:

348,5 DPS
Total combined damage: 129-194

And stats after:

352,8 DPS
Total combined damage: 131-196

This certainly doesn't look like a 77% increase for me. What am I missing in here? Where is the error? :( I am totally devastated after finding out that my dps went up only by 4,5.

Kind regards,
Aurell
greater multi projectiles has a damage reduction on it. faster projectiles has one too.

your calculation for just the cold to fire part is correct, there is no extra gain in damage as there isn't any fire damage boosts. 77% is what the increase for just cold damage would be, and that is the total increase even with cold to fire for this situation.
No fire to cold? I'm sad. I'd really love to have firestorm benefit from my frostbite curse.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info