General Support Discussion

"
Eag1e wrote:
seems as awakened Hextouch has been killed off basically, why not a gem with plain curse

Lvl 1 awakened +1 curse 10% increased duration
Lvl 2 awakened +1 curse 12% increased duration
LvL 3 awakened +1 curse 14% increased duration
LvL 4 awakened +1 curse 16% increased duration
LvL 5 awakened +1 curse 18% increased duration
LvL 6 awakened +2 curses OR +1 with 20% increased duration

LvL 6/23 gives +2 AND 20% duration

Duration can be increased with quality 1% per 1/2/5 quality

So many players use curses of some kind so why not make a gem that makes them rethink their builds to incorporate gems like this

I'd definitely say lvl 6 should at least get can apply curses to curse immunes
Don't tell me to quit when I don't like this patch, I already did. More time to spend on the forums

[url]https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/oywp00/oops_i_guess/[/url]
This by far is the best thing I have seen on reddit during this league.
Hello,

I believe Stun Support needs a change since it is currently being used by 10/16782 builds, is fairly weak, and is usually just linked to mobility leap slam.

If this support skill were to be used, it would be used to perma stun bosses, which I believe is a bad play style, since ignoring mechanics is unfun. I have 100+ hour on a Boneshatter build that heavily invests into stun threshold/duration and this gem still isn't worth running because it adds no damage or fun utility.

If I were to change the skill, I would either:

1. 20% more melee damage + 20% Stun threshold + Overrides Immune to Stun (Similar stats to Endurance charge on melee stun)

2. 20% more melee damage + 0.25 second stun (unaffected by duration) on 2 second internal cooldown regardless of stun calculation.

Thanks.
Hi Guys,

first of all thank you for your time.

During 3.15 i realized that dex support gems are lacking stuff that is not related to cold (ele conversion), projectiles or poison.

I tried this league to play a dual strike assassin with the new ambush skill as a big part, so i that manner my focus was on heavy (not so fast atk speed) single target crits but in the mid game i ran out of options for good support gems.

on the int side i got crit multi and crit chance as available gems.
on the str side i got some options but they all require heavy investments in stats and off coloring, there isnt even a hybrid gem which requires str/dex

At this point, i think there is a gap in the physical melee dex department and only nightblade/close combat addresses this but with no backup.

some utility gems (which i like the flavor off) like f.e. chance to flee/blind even accuracy are getting more and more irrelevant so maybe there is some potential to upgrade.

Thanks again and good luck exile
"
Hi Guys,

first of all thank you for your time.

During 3.15 i realized that dex support gems are lacking stuff that is not related to cold (ele conversion), projectiles or poison.

I tried this league to play a dual strike assassin with the new ambush skill as a big part, so i that manner my focus was on heavy (not so fast atk speed) single target crits but in the mid game i ran out of options for good support gems.

on the int side i got crit multi and crit chance as available gems.
on the str side i got some options but they all require heavy investments in stats and off coloring, there isnt even a hybrid gem which requires str/dex

At this point, i think there is a gap in the physical melee dex department and only nightblade/close combat addresses this but with no backup.

some utility gems (which i like the flavor off) like f.e. chance to flee/blind even accuracy are getting more and more irrelevant so maybe there is some potential to upgrade.

Thanks again and good luck exile

I agree here.

Made a Raider build this league, using smite - and for the longest time, I ran around with 3 blue and 3 red sockets - while wearing evasion gear. Needless to say, getting the colors you need was hard.

I really think the two crit gems should be white. They're universally useful for every build - even more so after the great support gem nerf.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
I have a suggestion for an utility support gem (could be named Telekinesis, maybe could be white one, maybe could be rare, all up to you), which would open doors and chests for you, instead of the need to target them on the screen.

What do you think?
Gems like divine Ire and penance brand got killed by the most recent ignite changes, and terrible ignite spells got brought up to a better but still terrible level. I don't understand the changes or if there was a mistake calculating the changes. A buff should be considered or at least look into the gems again.
There is currently no Cast while Channelling Support feedback thread.
Blessing Support:

I'm fairly sure the support must be available as standalone gem.
Latest changes to dodge†, aura effect and aura reservation turned determination/grace to be unconditionally mandatory, but for a "damage challenged" build it's barely possible to fit all the required auras, and so Blessings support is the only possible way to go.

Current constants and mechanics of the support are pretty questionable.

Gameplay-wise the duration feels "ok-ish" after reaching 25sec or longer, the secondary duration is unbearably annoying at any value, especially above 0.46sec. If you dare to try to re-cast an active aura while having all mana reserved the aura getting canceled instead of queuing or preventing the cast, and so you have to wait for the full aura cooldown while standing pants off in the middle of hostile environment.
The animation canceling works straight wrong with the support, if you try to re-cast an active aura while moving the aura quite often gets turned off instead.

The secondary duration should be fixed and unscalable, 0.2 sec would be optimal.
Base aura duration could be slightly increased, 15-18 seconds would be much convenient.
The animation canceling should be turned off for aura supported by Blessing. It's better to completely disable any ability to turn off a non-permanent aura with a hotkey. If for some reason player want to turn off the aura prematurely it's always possible to just right-click the buff icon.

Spoiler
I hope buffs/debuffs display will be improved anytime soon, these days the icons just jump back and forth unpredictably, personally I can't simultaneously track 4 auras within all the mess, so I have to use an external timer, the buffs panel doesn't work for its purpose.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Dec 2, 2021, 4:41:23 AM
"
Rory wrote:
Discuss the implementation of Support Gems, their mana cost multipliers, and their role in the game here.

OK I have been playing POE for about a two week and a half. My Q is about the elemental damage support gems. I placed the gem with my summon Reaper and Lightning Golem. On the Character info page under offence info the damage is not showing up under either of the summoned minions tabs. the gem says it supports but nothing it showing up, Please let me know what I am doing wrong Thanks

LOVE THE GAME
WarVet83

Has there been any discussions about changing Divine Blessing + Life Tap + Aura setup? It doesn't SEEM like an intended gimmick, but I found the playstyle very interesting and the tradeoff kinda fair (3R sockets + losing big chunk of life for temporary ~18% more dmg).

For trinity range builds in SSF and especially wanders, this is almost build enabling because you can run anger + wrath to offset the lack of added flat dmg, which is a problem that has crippled the archtype for average players since the beginning of time.

The numbers can be tweaked to shift risk vs reward if unbalanced yet this combo imo should be kept in the game. WDYT?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info